Emotional Video..of True Story

bhooliya

Within a few generations arranged marriages are likely to become obsolete for the vast majority of the people considered Sikhs in the west. Already people use web based 'introduction' services quite a bit. Hell, even in India, people are increasingly choosing their own partners, for better or worse.

Arrange marriages are backbone for minority religion

especially for those whose population is 1-2% whether it is India or west.One of the major reason decline of Parsi community of India is that their children married outside faith.Though their is nothing wrong in web based introduction service but it is not a very good thing because lot of fraud happens in it

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kalyug Veer, it's not my belief, but my personal experience of meeting Muslims of various facets from around the world and all walks of life.

The people you mention (who are in the tiny minority) use the religious dress as a tool to give respect to their evil intentions, I have never denied they exist. All I am saying is to judge the majority based on the minority is not using Guru di mat.

I contend that the evil observant Muslims are the norm precisely because they are observing Islam in its true form. You only have to look at countries where Muslims are the majority to know that non-Muslims are discriminated against and are considered to be inferior beings who need to be brought into the fold of Islam by fair means or foul (with foul means including the grooming and rape or kidnapping and forced conversion of non-Muslim women). In this, they are following the example of their prophet Mohammed who took the women of conquered people as wives and sex-slaves. He was also the first Muslim to use rape as a weapon in war.

To quote one critic of Islam (note that he quotes from the hadith):

What does rape, then, have to do with these religious conflicts? Unfortunately, everything. The Islamic legal manual ‘Umdat al-Salik, which carries the endorsement of Al-Azhar University, the most respected authority in Sunni Islam, stipulates: “When a child or a woman is taken captive, they become slaves by the fact of capture, and the woman’s previous marriage is immediately annulled.” Why? So that they are free to become the concubines of their captors. The Qur’an permits Muslim men to have intercourse with their wives and their slave girls: “Forbidden to you are ... married women, except those whom you own as slaves” (Sura 4:23-24).

After one successful battle, Muhammad tells his men, “Go and take any slave girl.” He took one for himself also. After the notorious massacre of the Jewish Qurayzah tribe, he did it again. According to his earliest biographer, Ibn Ishaq, Muhammad “went out to the market of Medina (which is still its market today) and dug trenches in it. Then he sent for [the men of Banu Qurayza] and struck off their heads in those trenches as they were brought out to him in batches.” After killing “600 or 700 in all, though some put the figure as high as 800 or 900,” the Prophet of Islam took one of the widows he had just made, Rayhana bint Amr, as another concubine.

As just one example, look into the experience of Coptic Christians in Egypt. See here.

K.

What is absolutely remarkable is how people like Shaheediyan can just selectively ignore all evidence to fit their desired worldviews. WTH??

"Ive met a bunch of polite, nice sullay so they must all pretty much be like that and anyone that isn't must be a deviant."

I mean how simple Simon can a bloke get?

Edited by dalsingh101

That's cool. All I can do is share mine.

I know sometimes some of what is said can seem incredulous and I know people rightly need to be suspicious of ulterior motives BUT....Sikh to Sikh, I am telling you that some dark hearted people are out there vehemently against our quom, whether we are keshdhari, monay, Amritdhari.

I personally don't believe they are a small minority. Maybe the people who are active may be, but the support for what they do is much wider than their numbers alone.

You know what your problem is, you have too much of a clean heart. This is good but sometimes when we are facing shaitans, it can be a bit blinding.

As a quom, we need intel about others against us. When we get it, we can't keep shrugging it off.

too true. time and time again muslim and hindu mp's work against sikh interests. hindus and muslims living overseas support terrorism. the media levels the same charge against sikh, but even during the days of militancy, sikhs did not believe for a second they were supporting terrorism (ie intentional harm to innocent civilians of any faith). the concept of sarbat da bhalla, which exists in our dharm but in neither of the above, has sunk into sikh consciousness to some extent.

I myself know muslims and these guys are good guys, but does that stop me from saying there are no fanatical ones out their, just waiting to pounce on a Christian, Hindu, and Sikh girl to convert them. Muslims are hell bent over having the most population in the world and they will try to convert any girl. If that means, emotionally blackmailing her and then getting her pergenant then they'll use it. Even the good muslims pride over they are one of the fastest growing religion. Why the hell wouldn't the fanatical ones, have foam coming out of their mouth to convert.

Punjabis can beat their wives in a relationship, they can do many other stupid things, but never tie them down and make the girl a complete slave, where all she does is make babies. Where she is completely disrespected and if she dies, then the muslim can give two sh*ts about it. All they care about is they got more muslims out of her. For God sake they marry their own cousins. When is the last time you heard a punjabi marry his cousin and then have many kids as possible and then go marry another girl and do the same.

Muslims can have multiple wives, which just means more foam coming from the husbands mouth because more babies= more muslims. In Sri Guru Gobind SIngh Sahib ji times the Muslims were up to the same decieving ways and now they have just gone more advanced because of computers. Lure in women off the msn, facebook, or whatever else is out there.

Bringing up the Punjabi arguement here is completely pointless because Punjabis don't use women as baby making machines and are not hell bent over converting them into Islam.

What needs to be done for Sikh woman is that they are just told right from the start stay away from Muslims because only 1% out of all of them are good. Even saying 1% is good is being real nice. Even Guru Sahib issue a Hukam where he told us not to socialize with Muslims.

Sikh woman need to be taught the muslim religion. Actually pick up a Koran and then tell them about all the verse in there that says the man can beat a woman and praticely make her a slave. Tell them Muslims can lie to a non-muslim to better Muslim, which means bring more into Islam. As soon as these feminist women here this, they will engrave it into their heads never to trust a muslim and some will still be deviant and go for muslims, but with more education, even these women can be turned into good Sikh women.

There should be a site created where all the verse are put up on the site. By just telling them stay away from Muslims, that will only make them go after them even more.

If you look at it, how do Christian teach all of society about their religion? It's by building public schools where Christianity is taught. As Sikhs we need to build private schools that are funded by the Gurdwaras and Sikhs, where we can teach Sikhi values in the open and any person from any religion can get his grade 12 from here. For God Sake we don't need more Gurdwaras,we desperately need schools. You can even have Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji in the school and have morning ardas and everything.

Look at Christians in India they are building schools and teaching Christianity only to make more people christians. For Sikhs it won't be about bringing more people in, but teaching the truth about the world and it's ways. Even in Canada the schools are not secular, so we as Sikhs need to building one school in all areas that goes through preschool all the way to grade 12.

But Muslims, even though I know a few, I will still tell sisters to stay away from them at all cost, she could be a christian, hindu or any other religion or no religion.

Edited by Only five

No religion is good or bad, it is a mistake to form Islam into some source of objective evil, when in reality there is no such thing. Certain movements have appropriated the ideas of the ISlamic religion and used these to further their individual misguided aims.

Let us consider the concept of Sarbat da Bhalla in Sikhi. Is this concept to be applied in a political way? I think most people would understand that in, what Dalsingh et al, call reality, that this is an unrealistic concept. If what they call sullay, attack you then you do not practice Sarbat Da Bhalla but you attack them back. So the question is on what level is the concept of Sarbat Da Bhalla to practiced in? My point is young children need more structured forms of rules and ethics that form a guideline of correct behaviour, in order to groom a person to receive more mystical complex truths. The order seems to have been inverted, which can only lead to destructive consequences. And also has lead to a fixation on preserving the outer form of Sikhi, by outer form I mean outer forms of concepts like Sarbat Da Bhalla, which have been emptied of inner transformative power and become mere slogans to captivate young children into consumer Sikhi, which has such enlightened values. Such concepts lose inner power because of the inability of young children to grasp the subtle nature of certain truths which in turn results from not being prepared adequately by living a pious and righteous life and thus not being fit to receive such truths. And thus they cling to the outer form to justify to themselves that they have what they in fact do not and have no right to possess.

I'll end with one of my favourite stories from the Ramayana when Rama Maryada Purushottama Dharam incarnate slayed the Vaanar Raja Vaali. Rama killed Vaali by what seemed to be unethical unrighteous means by hiding in some bushes and killing Vaali like a lowly hunter. Vaali laments to Rama that he has not obeyed Dharam by killing him in this way. Rama replies by saying dharam is very subtle and only a pooran gyani knows what Dharam actually is. If anyone other than Rama had commited this act it would be Adharam because of lack of understanding. Beacuse Rama commited the act with full understanding of Vaali's prior acts and with full understanding of the future implications of such an act, he acted in knowledge and obeyed the maryada appropriate to that time. Thus to truly act means to have full understanding of the environment and the situation and future implications and past causes, if not, then it is best not to act from ones own intitiative but to follow those who have left correct instructions on living in the various traditions and in family traditions.

No religion is good or bad, it is a mistake to form Islam into some source of objective evil, when in reality there is no such thing. Certain movements have appropriated the ideas of the ISlamic religion and used these to further their individual misguided aims.

Islam, specifically their holy scripture, the Koran is being used as a way to convert innocent woman into muslim, which involves using decieving ways because the Koran allows them to lie to a non-muslim. Take the Koran out of the picture and these Muslims have no more backing to lie and convert other woman.

Let us consider the concept of Sarbat da Bhalla in Sikhi. Is this concept to be applied in a political way? I think most people would understand that in, what Dalsingh et al, call reality, that this is an unrealistic concept. If what they call sullay, attack you then you do not practice Sarbat Da Bhalla but you attack them back. So the question is on what level is the concept of Sarbat Da Bhalla to practiced in?

When you attack them back, it's still called Sarbat Da Bhalla because the attack is not out of anger or ego, but out of defense of others.

My point is young children need more structured forms of rules and ethics that form a guideline of correct behaviour, in order to groom a person to receive more mystical complex truths. The order seems to have been inverted, which can only lead to destructive consequences. And also has lead to a fixation on preserving the outer form of Sikhi, by outer form I mean outer forms of concepts like Sarbat Da Bhalla, which have been emptied of inner transformative power and become mere slogans to captivate young children into consumer Sikhi, which has such enlightened values. Such concepts lose inner power because of the inability of young children to grasp the subtle nature of certain truths which in turn results from not being prepared adequately by living a pious and righteous life and thus not being fit to receive such truths. And thus they cling to the outer form to justify to themselves that they have what they in fact do not and have no right to possess.

Sure, we need to teach Sikh women and girls about Sikhi from a young age, but we also need to open up the Koran and teach them that it says a wife can be beat by her Muslim husband and a Muslim can lie to a non-muslim.

Edited by Only five

Exactly! look how many gurdwara's there are in Southall west london.

I think we could actually do with less with smaller ones merging into larger ones, or groups of smaller ones coalescing into a bigger one.

Controversial I know but it would help centralise them and I tell you what, those smaller, outpost Gurdwaras will be the first to get attacked (by both sullay and goray) if any serious nonsense ever starts here in the UK. Plus they are pretty vulnerable too, look at the recent robbery in the Edinburgh Gurdwara.

Yesterday afternoon I drove through High Street North with a mate, and I tell you every 2 - 2 and a half minutes there was a mosque or dawah centre with 30/40 blokes outside. No exaggeration. They are well protected and heavily used. I wonder if high levels of unemployment in particular communities plays a part in this?

On reflection on the above, having lots of Gurdwaray in an area isn't necessarily bad if they are frequently well attended , and by this I don't mean by gossip mongering bibian with nowt else to do, but jawans/bundhay who have some idea of the importance of unity and organisation.

M.J: Thus to truly act means to have full understanding of the environment and the situation and future implications and past causes, if not, then it is best not to act from ones own intitiative but to follow those who have left correct instructions on living in the various traditions and in family traditions.

I'm not sure I agree with this, our ancestors exercised a high level of pragmatism in terms of organisation and strategy to combat obstacles. I mean no one told them to organise themselves like they did, they met the needs of the hour flexibly merging and splitting jathas in misls/dals etc. The other thing is, what do we do when we encounter situations that are very dissimilar to any encountered before? The world has changed so much, I mean look at war technology from the time of our 18th century ancestors to that now for an example. Look at the pervasive impact of the liberalisation of relationships taking place as well. There is much to learn about the past but we also need to employ creativity to deal with new novel situations.

That is where intelligent, loyal and inspirational leadership comes in. We have the example of dasmesh pita, who was given a wide ranging worldly education as a model. Guru ji himself doesn't seem to have hesitated to meet challenges in the most radical of fashions if required. Of course we have frameworks to work within, but developing quality leadership ourselves is something we have to build into our society. Not just idiots who want to rinse out Gurdwaray or promote their particular caste. We need leaders who will not only lead the panth but alse people outside the quom in a better direction.

I would caution against using the ideal of Guru Gobind Singh Ji. Guru Ji was given permission or given licence to do what he did. Because like Rama he understood the implications of everything he was doing and why he was doing it, due to the knowledge he had gained and merited by prior sadhana. You and I are in effect blind, we cannot act correctly without guidance, if we attempt to act on our own initiative the result will be destructive because we are unaware of the meaning and implications of our actions. There is a greater plan and order to the world. From this plan certain political or temporal institutions are erected and destroyed. SOmeone who understands, will act accordingly to what this greater plan ordains. Guru Jee and Sri Rama done their work in their time in accordance with the greater plan. It must be asked, now, what is required by this greater plan, because what is pre-made will come to pass, and an individuals duty is to act in accordance with what is pre-made, because this is only what can come to pass. With regards to conditions in society now is it really feasable to ressurect a form of Sikhi based on a nostalgic notion of warrior Sikhs taking no sh*t from anyone, or is this maybe an infantile daydream.

Mekhane'ch Jannat:

Most of us may not be able to discern Rabh's wider comprehensive hukam as you point out, but to make out like any people with some morality and jeevan are totally incapable of telling good from bad or right from wrong, especially in the face of blatant zulmi dushts is being blind and simple to an extreme in itself.

It must be asked, now, what is required by this greater plan, because what is pre-made will come to pass, and an individuals duty is to act in accordance with what is pre-made, because this is only what can come to pass.

Fine, but this can easily be turned into an excuse for inertia. Plus we have some of our own preachers telling us that troubled times may lie ahead, like Gyani Thakur Singh. We already have a mandate and a stance we have been given from the Gurus. So to answer your question in those terms - we already know how we should be acting. Whether we are or not doing this as a community and the reasons for this are another matter. Despite that, that doesn't mean we potentially walk like lambs to the slaughter.

With regards to conditions in society now is it really feasable to ressurect a form of Sikhi based on a nostalgic notion of warrior Sikhs taking no sh*t from anyone, or is this maybe an infantile daydream.

Again I refer to the mandate and traditions of the Khalsa. I don't expect every last Sikh to be a 'no s**t taking warrior', but the need to constantly evaluate ourselves in terms of deviation from our original trajectory and talk about potential resetting, isn't any 'infantile dream'. Nor is preparedness for likely future events. Upnay doing this prevented the horrific events of partition being even worse than they were. Besides I don't need any mystical mumbo jumbo to tell me what can happen to communities that are unprepared for, or naive about, more dark forces. History gives us many examples. The recent Jewish experience under the nazis is one we all need to remember.

Edited by dalsingh101

That's pretty funny considering that earlier today you implied that the Aghora sect of Shaivism was so evil that even to hear about them was a bad thing. Exactly what part of taking women of conquered people as sex slaves and telling your followers to rape the women of the captured Bani Qurayza Jews while they watched do you find acceptable?

I'll end with one of my favourite stories from the Ramayana when Rama Maryada Purushottama Dharam incarnate slayed the Vaanar Raja Vaali. Rama killed Vaali by what seemed to be unethical unrighteous means by hiding in some bushes and killing Vaali like a lowly hunter. Vaali laments to Rama that he has not obeyed Dharam by killing him in this way. Rama replies by saying dharam is very subtle and only a pooran gyani knows what Dharam actually is. If anyone other than Rama had commited this act it would be Adharam because of lack of understanding. Beacuse Rama commited the act with full understanding of Vaali's prior acts and with full understanding of the future implications of such an act, he acted in knowledge and obeyed the maryada appropriate to that time. Thus to truly act means to have full understanding of the environment and the situation and future implications and past causes, if not, then it is best not to act from ones own intitiative but to follow those who have left correct instructions on living in the various traditions and in family traditions.

I'm sorry but this is absolute nonsense. An Adharmic act is Adharmic regardless of who perpetrates it. There is nothing in Sikhi that teaches us that going against the Dharam given to us by our Guru is acceptable at any time.

K.

I'll end with one of my favourite stories from the Ramayana when Rama Maryada Purushottama Dharam incarnate slayed the Vaanar Raja Vaali. Rama killed Vaali by what seemed to be unethical unrighteous means by hiding in some bushes and killing Vaali like a lowly hunter. Vaali laments to Rama that he has not obeyed Dharam by killing him in this way. Rama replies by saying dharam is very subtle and only a pooran gyani knows what Dharam

What is Dharam for one person could be adharm for another .So the entire concept of Dharm and And Adharm is quite complex.Also I just want to point out that

there is also mythological story that vali in his next janam killed krishna ,next janam of rama .So even Ram has to pay the price of what he did

So no one should do anything but other than Mekhane Ch Jannat because he is the only one who knows what Dharma is. Tell me when your fantasy is over, I'll come back with reality.

Their is a sakhi where Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji committed a wrong act, purposely to see if his Sikhs will speak up against adharma and guess what his Sikhs spoke up and Guru Sahib congrulated them on sticking to Dharma no matter who goes against it.

Sorry pal, the act is higher than the dust, what you refer to as body.

90% of this thread has been used up by useless posts - let me simply tell you the facts and solutions.

1) Muslims discriminate against non muslims and always consider it good to try to convert others through whatever means as they believe this is the "super deed"

2) At this moment in time 99% of muslims are stupid corrupt evil people who are always quick to jump on the "we are religious boat". Trust me a very few are truly righteous and religious

3) Most young muslims are like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xE7Xng1FEz0

4) Most human beings from the age of 15 -25 are very naive,daring, have heightened sexual needs etc etc. Having sex is something that everyone has to deal with one way or the other.

5) The vast majority of people deal with this through boyfriend/girlfriend relationships (Overt or Covert) one night stands, marriage etc etc. In most cases these are just short term growing up things.

6) Now talking about this video of a young girls life being destroyed - the fault is in the girl as she shouldn't have had any acquintance with a malesh boy in the first place. Its obvious she didn't have this moral reasoning.

7) The reason she didnt have moral reasoning was because it wasn't imparted into her by her parents and society. The root cause is the failure of our sikh society as a whole as there is no unity amongst our people even on issues that affect us all. Our mentality is that if its not happening to us then its fine. Sahib Sri GuruGranthSahib Ji states that "recognise to yourself what has happened to somebody else" (Ang 1373)

8)This is only the tip of the iceberg - You can't just make all girls into Singhnia like Mata Bhago Ji or all Singhs into Baba Deep Singh Ji nor is this gonna happen.

9) What we need is education - and your not gonna get this from TV or internet, infact these only serve to make things worse. I particularly blame Gurdvaras for doing damage to sikh religion and society as aswell. Take for example Shin Kin martial arts used to take place on saturdays at a local Wolverhampton Gurdvara, now the youth had everything they needed there - socialisation, exercise, interaction etc etc......every week one of the shin kin group leaders would do a 10 minute talk on any particular topic on Sikhism and so in this way the youth would also get teaching of there religion.

THE COMMITTEE CAME ALONG AND TOLD THE SHIN KIN LOT THAT THEY CAN NO LONGER USE THE PREMISES and hence the project suffered a setback.

10) What we need is very good Gurdvaras and community centres and places where we can create a platform that people can come to and do sangat and recieve education.

11)At the moment we are scattered and diskindled and problems like this are a result of this root problem.

12) BUT REMEMBER THIS - MUSLIMS ARE TRYING TO INCREASE THERE AUTHORITY IN THE UK IN ANY FORM AND WAY - TODAY THEY HAVE ISSUES WITH THE BNP AND EDL ETC - TOMORROW THEY WILL ATTACK YOU.

why admin cut there was no personal attack

the sakhi i told was exactly as Guru Gobind Singh Ji spoke it.

And why is capital letters such a problem that you have to delete my short response.

THE ADMINS HERE ARE CORRUPT

Edited by PAL 07

What we need is education - and your not gonna get this from TV or internet, infact these only serve to make things worse. I particularly blame Gurdvaras for doing damage to sikh religion and society as aswell. Take for example Shin Kin martial arts used to take place on saturdays at a local Wolverhampton Gurdvara, now the youth had everything they needed there - socialisation, exercise, interaction etc etc......every week one of the shin kin group leaders would do a 10 minute talk on any particular topic on Sikhism and so in this way the youth would also get teaching of there religion.

THE COMMITTEE CAME ALONG AND TOLD THE SHIN KIN LOT THAT THEY CAN NO LONGER USE THE PREMISES and hence the project suffered a setback.

We used to have weight training at my old local Gurdwara and a good few guys would turn up and train. It used to be in the weekday evenings when the Gurdwara was virtually empty. Then firstly some gossipi budhiree made some shite up about not feeling comfortable about bringing her daughters there with all these guys around (must have been all the testosterone flying around? lol). Then the dodgy committee made some bull about wanting to fit the room we was using with fixed tables for Panjabi classes (with turned out to be bull) and shifted us to a 'community centre' which didn't last long.

Ultimately though, the committee was more concerned about keeping their positions than doing anything positive.

12) BUT REMEMBER THIS - MUSLIMS ARE TRYING TO INCREASE THERE AUTHORITY IN THE UK IN ANY FORM AND WAY - TODAY THEY HAVE ISSUES WITH THE BNP AND EDL ETC - TOMORROW THEY WILL ATTACK YOU.

Some of them already do. But that doesn't mean we jump into bed with goray a55holes now does it. That is low we have come as a quom where some upnay are so terrified of sullay that they are willing to become 'Joey boys' for neo-nazis.....

PS - Anyone who posts in caps should be banned for life.

Edited by dalsingh101

RULES OF THE FORUM SECTION STATES:-

6- Posting in CAPS.

Posting in CAPS is not only considered as shouting and rude, it's also very hard to read and makes the poster seem very immature. Please refrain and use CAPS LOCK wisely.

SINCE THE RULES STATE THAT THERE IS NOT A COMPLETE BAN ON USING CAPS LOCK

AND ALLOWS ONE TO USE CAPS LOCK "WISELY"

I THEREFORE REQUEST THE ADMIN TO RE SUBMIT MY POST OR GIVE ME AN APOLOGY FOR

DELETING MY POST.

PS: YOU ARE FORGIVED IN ADVANCE

LOL

Some of them already do. But that doesn't mean we jump into bed with goray a55holes now does it. That is low we have come as a quom where some upnay are so terrified of sullay that they are willing to become 'Joey boys' for neo-nazis.....

WHERE DID I STATE THAT YOU SHOULD JUMP INTO BED WITH GORAY, CUZ I CANT SEEM TO FIND IT WRITTEN ANYWHERE.

IS IT JUST ME OR CANT YOU REASON PROPERLY DAL SINGH101

WHERE DID I STATE THAT YOU SHOULD JUMP INTO BED WITH GORAY, CUZ I CANT SEEM TO FIND IT WRITTEN ANYWHERE.

IS IT JUST ME OR CANT YOU REASON PROPERLY DAL SINGH101

It's just you.

You need to be careful with what you say about the sullay because some idiot apnay get so terrified that they start looking at goray as potential 'bodyguards'. Balance out your statements for the sake of the more giddarhfied amongst us. Try that for reasoning.

And how comes you still can't find your Caps Lock button?

Sikhs have become to comfy. Dharam Yudh has become a foreign concept, or Dharam Yudh has become just a denomination for physical war or battle. Not forgetting they are living off the legacies of there ancestors which has made us lazy. They are many ways to "take out" an enemy it isn't always through fighting. The British did it in India and the extremist Muslims have cached onto this to.

• 2 weeks later...

Glorifying Interfaith marriages

http://thelangarhall.com/musings/just-a-nice-story/

The so called popular progressive sikh blogs are glorifying interfaith marriage of Amritdhari Girl with jew.I think many sikhs have adopted the western mentality of interfaith marriage even though they consider themselve practicing.In that case it is going to quite easy for muslims or any other religion to marry a sikh girl