Khusre, And Their Kalyaan Within Gurmat

some questions that have been on my mind for a few moons:

Are Khusre alowed to take amrit?

Why do khusre always have to dress as women, when they are clearly not women?

Would Khusre be allowed to do sewa of Paath, kirtan or langar?

Are thier lives for for any spiritual purpose?

Should Sikhs give any priviledges to these people?

Thanks!!

What about hermaphrodites or whatever you call them? Those half women half dude people? Do we have a position regarding them and Sikhi? Just wondering?

The relation between Guru and Shish is a hidden relationship, it is up to the Guru who is accepted, it must be an individual connection. It is not possible to make a general blanket statement. If the position of Khusre or Hermaphrodites within a society is not delinieated clearly then maybe you have to look at the Shaastras and see their position on such individuals. There is such a thing as tradition, something that contains the accumulated vichaars of individuals over 1000's of years. There cannot be any such prohibition in a mystical relationship, because of its individualistic nature, the problem is when this relationship is made into an exoteric commodity. In short there should be rules of societal contact and exchange with such people BUT between the Guru and Shish there are no (outer)rules because of the deeply personal and individualistic relationship.

What about hermaphrodites or whatever you call them? Those half women half dude people? Do we have a position regarding them and Sikhi? Just wondering?

Men who dresses like women,"ermaphrodite,eunuchs are all considered as hijra's In India

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hijra_(South_Asia)

As far bringing them in sikhi concerned It is very difficult.How will a sangat react if they see a man with beard wearing salwar kameez a chunni on his head

Okay, but if someone is born half women half man, it isn't right to blame them or oppress them for it.

I think Panjabis are okay like that. They generally let them be.

But those bastards who threaten to show you their amputated knobs unless they get some charity - those jerks need to go! We shouldn't have that going on in Panjab.

Okay, but if someone is born half women half man, it isn't right to blame them or oppress them for it.

I think Panjabis are okay like that. They generally let them be.

But those bastards who threaten to show you their amputated knobs unless they get some charity - those jerks need to go! We shouldn't have that going on in Panjab.

LOL just read the wikipedia link.92% of hijra's are male's.They do have full sexual organs

I agree that those who are born with complication need

not to be oppressed .But they can act like a man or woman.Is it necessary to tell everybody that you are born with complication.so those who are born with complication can live gursikhi jeevan like a man or woman minus grihisth jeevan

Khusre have an interesting contribution to Indian history. They acted as guards of queens & harems of Emperors,spies, personal companions, and were often sent by the Mighty Muslim Kings of India to hunt and bring back the most beautiful girls for their Harems. One of the famous Khusra was Malik Kafur. He was a slave of Ala-Uddin Khalji, the mighty King who was a great military commander who numerous times defeated the mightier Mongols. Malik Kafur became lover of Khalji and later military leader and conquered most of South for him. He became so powerful that he dominated an older Khalji and caused him to jail his family and had the sons of Sultan blinded & had them killed by poisoning. He dreamt of becoming King of the powerful early Turkish empire. He poisoned the Sultan and was himself later on jailed and killed in prison by blinding and poisoning. Ala-Uddin himself had earlir killed and treachously beheaded his Father -in-law Jalal-Uddin Khalji, who had bought him as a slave and married him to his daughter and made him a powerful general, to become Sultan of hindoostan.

Edited by ///M

hijra is another word for khusra

Thanks. Is hijra the most polite expression? If you were asking this question of say a Sant like Baba Jagjit Singh Harkhowale (not that I'd ever have the balls to ask it), which expression would you use?

K.

Edited by Kaljug

I think once I read the word 'napumsak' on Niddar's Sarbloh site. This was apparently referring to the 'third gender'. Is this another synonym for khusray?

Today i was watching a programme on khusara's on news channel.They were showing how khusre trap young boys

and castrate them.One person was shown on TV saying that he himself has castrated 50 boys .It is his khandani peshaa .They also said that khusra world is so secrative that if you speak outside it then they cut your tongue.If hijra's want to embrace Gurmat then they have to leave all these practices

There is no other word for Khusra. It is however used for abusing someone that he is not manly enough. Hijra is hindi version of khusra (punjabi) & Intersex (eng). napumsak is Napunsak which is someone who 'cannot get it up' not Khusra.

Edited by ///M

• 12 years later...
16 hours ago, HSD said:

Sikhs need to be careful, the hijras are getting wild nowadays. 

You know there are quite a few pendus out there that would be 100% up for that.............

On 5/8/2010 at 10:37 AM, kdsingh80 said:

Today i was watching a programme on khusara's on news channel.They were showing how khusre trap young boys

and castrate them.One person was shown on TV saying that he himself has castrated 50 boys .It is his khandani peshaa .They also said that khusra world is so secrative that if you speak outside it then they cut your tongue.If hijra's want to embrace Gurmat then they have to leave all these practices

Great...tranny cults after the boys balls. Thank you Kalyug for keeping every day a fresh experience. 

16 hours ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Are they Keshdhari? 

I don't think so. Not in the Sikh sense, but they may have grown their hair long to look like a b1tch. lol

21 hours ago, dalsingh101 said:

You know there are quite a few pendus out there that would be 100% up for that.............

Not the ones I know!

It's quite a miserable life for them, looking from outside. 

Apparently if there is one born into a family, the other khusre (I think they tend to live in groups) will find out where they live eventually and coerce them into living with them (whether that is good or not long term, I don't know). 

Another thing, is they seem to always be in weddings in India and it's a tradition to pay them well for their blessings if they turn up

1 hour ago, Premi said:

Another thing, is they seem to always be in weddings in India and it's a tradition to pay them well for their blessings if they turn up

And when son's are born.

A mixed race nephew pulled me up about this, saying it was straight weird and gay. He sort of took a dig at Panjabi culture. 

@GurjantGnostic

Bro, see if you can find a full online version of this if you can please:

"East of Indus" by Gurnam Singh SidhuBrard

3 hours ago, dalsingh101 said:

@GurjantGnostic

Bro, see if you can find a full online version of this if you can please:

"East of Indus" by Gurnam Singh SidhuBrard

Nope. Found this art pdf though. Sikh Art Kapanay collection. 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.sikhfoundation.org/wp-content/uploads/Sikh_Art_from_the_Kapany_Collection_full.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwiNzYDl3er6AhX4MDQIHc1nBUgQFnoECCEQAQ&usg=AOvVaw0wrSeRZChL9pY_ugbhX2l8

Free king link broke. 

On 10/17/2022 at 6:00 PM, dalsingh101 said:

You need to find some better company to be around if you know a lot of hijrachods. Unless you’re into that sort of thing too…..