Who Is Banwaaree?

Pray Truth for all and say Satsriakaal!

Dear all and Laalsingh Jee!

ਬੁਧਿ ਹੈ ਤਾ ਬਹੁਤ ਸਿਆਣੀ ਪਰ ਕਰਦੀ ਆਪਣੇ ਮਨ ਦੀ |

ਸਚਾ ਗੁਰ ਮਿਲੇ ਤਾ ਗੁਰਮਤਿ ਦੀ ਪ੍ਰਾਪਤੀ ਕਰਦੀ ਹੈ|

Dear Cybersingh Jee!

Thanks for referring the Vaak from panna 1402 of Sri Guru Granth Saahib Jee. Is Bhagat Gayand Jee saying here that repeating the word 'Waahay Guru', one can reach enlightenment and receive spiritual wisdom?

Balbir Singh

I don't know.......What are your thoughts on this?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear all and Cybersingh Jee!

In my view, many repeat the word 'Waahay Guru' to reach enlightenment and receive spiritual wisdom. The true Gurus never suggested this practice though.

This may not happen in the future also as the wisdom of true Gur is that Gurdev recites.

The person whose mind is used with the crowd of thoughts seeks shelter in the crowd Sangat.

True Simran leads one toward Banwaaree. The need to run to a forest (Ban) vanishes.

Balbir Singh

• 2 weeks later...

In my view, many repeat the word 'Waahay Guru' to reach enlightenment and receive spiritual wisdom. The true Gurus never suggested this practice though.

This may not happen in the future also as the wisdom of true Gur is that Gurdev recites.

The person whose mind is used with the crowd of thoughts seeks shelter in the crowd Sangat.

True Simran leads one toward Banwaaree. The need to run to a forest (Ban) vanishes.

Balbir Singh

So then what is the true way to reach enlightnement and receive spiritual wisdom? And what did the true Gurus practise? What is true Simran?

Balbir Singh

ਪ੍ਰਭ ਕੈ ਸਿਮਰਨਿ ਗਰਭਿ ਨ ਬਸੈ ॥

prabh kai simaran garabh n basai ||

Remembering God, one does not have to enter into the womb again.

13 Gaurhee Sukhmanee Guru Arjan Dev

ਪ੍ਰਭ ਕੈ ਸਿਮਰਨਿ ਦੂਖੁ ਜਮੁ ਨਸੈ ॥

prabh kai simaran dhookh jam nasai ||

Remembering God, the pain of death is dispelled.

14 Gaurhee Sukhmanee Guru Arjan Dev

ਪ੍ਰਭ ਕੈ ਸਿਮਰਨਿ ਕਾਲੁ ਪਰਹਰੈ ॥

prabh kai simaran kaal pareharai ||

Remembering God, death is eliminated.

ਪ੍ਰਭ ਕੈ ਸਿਮਰਨਿ ਦੁਸਮਨੁ ਟਰੈ ॥

prabh kai simaran dhusaman ttarai ||

Remembering God, one's enemies are repelled.

ਪ੍ਰਭ ਸਿਮਰਤ ਕਛੁ ਬਿਘਨੁ ਨ ਲਾਗੈ ॥

prabh simarath kashh bighan n laagai ||

Remembering God, no obstacles are met.

15 Gaurhee Sukhmanee Guru Arjan Dev

ਪ੍ਰਭ ਕੈ ਸਿਮਰਨਿ ਅਨਦਿਨੁ ਜਾਗੈ ॥

prabh kai simaran anadhin jaagai ||

Remembering God, one remains awake and aware, night and day.

ਪ੍ਰਭ ਕੈ ਸਿਮਰਨਿ ਭਉ ਨ ਬਿਆਪੈ ॥

prabh kai simaran bho n biaapai ||

Remembering God, one is not touched by fear.

ਪ੍ਰਭ ਕੈ ਸਿਮਰਨਿ ਦੁਖੁ ਨ ਸੰਤਾਪੈ ॥

prabh kai simaran dhukh n santhaapai ||

Remembering God, one does not suffer sorrow.

16 Gaurhee Sukhmanee Guru Arjan Dev

ਪ੍ਰਭ ਕਾ ਸਿਮਰਨੁ ਸਾਧ ਕੈ ਸੰਗਿ ॥

prabh kaa simaran saadhh kai sang ||

The meditative remembrance of God is in the Company of the Holy.

16 Gaurhee Sukhmanee Guru Arjan Dev

Heres a link to Sant Gurbachan Singh Bhindran wale, If u listen to this then you will realise the improtance of Vaheguru Simran

http://www.gurmatveechar.com/audio/katha/01_Puratan_Katha/Sant_Gurbachan_Singh_%28Bhindran_wale%29/Sooraj_Prakash_Katha/Sant.Gurbachan.Singh--Sri.Sooraj.Prakash.Katha--Waheguru.Da.Mahanta.mp3

Also heres some Katha from Giani Thakur Singh (Patiala wale) on Vaheguru

http://www.gurmatveechar.com/audio/katha/02_Present_Day_Katha/Giani_Thakur_Singh_%28Patiala_wale%29/Waheguru_Gurmantar_Hai/Giani.Thakur.Singh--Waheguru_Gurmantar_Hai_Part_1.mp3

http://www.gurmatveechar.com/audio/katha/02_Present_Day_Katha/Giani_Thakur_Singh_%28Patiala_wale%29/Waheguru_Gurmantar_Hai/Giani.Thakur.Singh--Waheguru_Gurmantar_Hai_Part_2.mp3

http://www.gurmatveechar.com/audio/katha/02_Present_Day_Katha/Giani_Thakur_Singh_%28Patiala_wale%29/Waheguru_Gurmantar_Hai/Giani.Thakur.Singh--Waheguru_Gurmantar_Hai_Part_3.mp3

http://www.gurmatveechar.com/audio/katha/02_Present_Day_Katha/Giani_Thakur_Singh_%28Patiala_wale%29/Waheguru_Gurmantar_Hai/Giani.Thakur.Singh--Waheguru_Gurmantar_Hai_Part_4.mp3

http://www.gurmatveechar.com/audio/katha/02_Present_Day_Katha/Giani_Thakur_Singh_%28Patiala_wale%29/Waheguru_Gurmantar_Hai/Giani.Thakur.Singh--Waheguru_Gurmantar_Hai_Part_5.mp3

http://www.gurmatveechar.com/audio/katha/02_Present_Day_Katha/Giani_Thakur_Singh_%28Patiala_wale%29/Waheguru_Gurmantar_Hai/Giani.Thakur.Singh--Waheguru_Gurmantar_Hai_Part_6.mp3

http://www.gurmatveechar.com/audio/katha/02_Present_Day_Katha/Giani_Thakur_Singh_%28Patiala_wale%29/Waheguru_Gurmantar_Hai/Giani.Thakur.Singh--Waheguru_Gurmantar_Hai_Part_7.mp3

http://www.gurmatveechar.com/audio/katha/02_Present_Day_Katha/Giani_Thakur_Singh_%28Patiala_wale%29/Waheguru_Gurmantar_Hai/Giani.Thakur.Singh--Waheguru_Gurmantar_Hai_Part_8.mp3

http://www.gurmatveechar.com/audio/katha/02_Present_Day_Katha/Giani_Thakur_Singh_%28Patiala_wale%29/Waheguru_Gurmantar_Hai/Giani.Thakur.Singh--Waheguru_Gurmantar_Hai_Part_9.mp3

You asked "So then what is the true way to reach enlightnement and receive spiritual wisdom?"

It is surely not reading a post.

Quote "And what did the true Gurus practise?"

True Naam Simran.

Quote "What is true Simran?"

Please come to know it. It is not received by talking or reading about it.

Amritkhalsa Jee!

Thanks for referring the true Vaaks from Guru Arjan Dev Jee.

All the referred Vaaks are describing the results of Simran but one Vaak is suggesting where to get it.

Strange, in Gurdwaaraas all come to wash their sins (paap) and schemingly receive the title 'Saadh'.

Amritkhalsa Jee!

Thanks for many links to listen, the importance and Kathaa on Vaheguru.

The reverend Gurus never suggested Simran of the word Vaheguru. Is it not strange? Story tellers waste hours referring other books that also sitting beside their Guru Sri Guru Granth Saahib Jee.

Balbir Singh

You asked "So then what is the true way to reach enlightnement and receive spiritual wisdom?"

It is surely not reading a post.

Quote "And what did the true Gurus practise?"

True Naam Simran.

Quote "What is true Simran?"

Please come to know it. It is not received by talking or reading about it.

Amritkhalsa Jee!

Thanks for referring the true Vaaks from Guru Arjan Dev Jee.

All the referred Vaaks are describing the results of Simran but one Vaak is suggesting where to get it.

Strange, in Gurdwaaraas all come to wash their sins (paap) and schemingly receive the title 'Saadh'.

Amritkhalsa Jee!

Thanks for many links to listen, the importance and Kathaa on Vaheguru.

The reverend Gurus never suggested Simran of the word Vaheguru. Is it not strange? Story tellers waste hours referring other books that also sitting beside their Guru Sri Guru Granth Saahib Jee.

Balbir Singh

Thank You for the "enlightenment" but again I am asking what is the True Naam Simran? is there a method to it? How can I come to know it? You mentioned that the Gurus practised True Naam Simran so then the question is what and how did they practise it?

Dear all and Xylitol Jee!

True Naam Simran frees one from bondages.

Strange. So many sects have so many chelaas. Rarely someone's mind is ready to experience the Gur.

Please listen. Gurdev is referring Bhagat Naamdev Jee's words.

ਗੁਰ ਚੇਲੇ ਹੈ ਮਨੁ ਮਾਨਿਆ ॥

गुर चेले है मनु मानिआ ॥

Gur chele hai man maaniaa.

ਜਨ ਨਾਮੈ ਤਤੁ ਪਛਾਨਿਆ ॥੩॥੩॥

जन नामै ततु पछानिआ ॥३॥३॥

Jan naamai tat pachhaaniaa. ||3||3|| SGGS Ang 657

Dear Cybersingh Jee!

Many times the message is delivered. Please come to know Naam Simran. Did you ever visit a true Saadh?

True Simran is not informing people about it through a microphone. Naam Simran is only possible through true Gur. So is Prabhu's Creation.

Please ponder. Gurdev is singing.

ਸਚੈ ਸਬਦਿ ਸਚੀ ਪਤਿ ਹੋਈ ॥

सचै सबदि सची पति होई ॥

Sachai sabadi sachee pati hoee.

ਬਿਨੁ ਨਾਵੈ ਮੁਕਤਿ ਨ ਪਾਵੈ ਕੋਈ ॥

बिनु नावै मुकति न पावै कोई ॥

Bin naaai mukati na paavai koee.

ਬਿਨੁ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਕੋ ਨਾਉ ਨ ਪਾਏ ਪ੍ਰਭਿ ਐਸੀ ਬਣਤ ਬਣਾਈ ਹੇ ॥੯॥

बिनु सतिगुर को नाउ न पाए प्रभि ऐसी बणत बणाई हे ॥९॥

Bin satigur ko naao na paae parabhi aisee baRat baRaaee he. ||9|| SGGS Ang 1046

Balbir Singh

Dear all and Xylitol Jee!

True Naam Simran frees one from bondages.

Strange. So many sects have so many chelaas. Rarely someone's mind is ready to experience the Gur.

Please listen. Gurdev is referring Bhagat Naamdev Jee's words.

ਗੁਰ ਚੇਲੇ ਹੈ ਮਨੁ ਮਾਨਿਆ ॥

गुर चेले है मनु मानिआ ॥

Gur chele hai man maaniaa.

ਜਨ ਨਾਮੈ ਤਤੁ ਪਛਾਨਿਆ ॥੩॥੩॥

जन नामै ततु पछानिआ ॥३॥३॥

Jan naamai tat pachhaaniaa. ||3||3|| SGGS Ang 657

Dear Cybersingh Jee!

Many times the message is delivered. Please come to know Naam Simran. Did you ever visit a true Saadh?

True Simran is not informing people about it through a microphone. Naam Simran is only possible through true Gur. So is Prabhu's Creation.

Please ponder. Gurdev is singing.

ਸਚੈ ਸਬਦਿ ਸਚੀ ਪਤਿ ਹੋਈ ॥

सचै सबदि सची पति होई ॥

Sachai sabadi sachee pati hoee.

ਬਿਨੁ ਨਾਵੈ ਮੁਕਤਿ ਨ ਪਾਵੈ ਕੋਈ ॥

बिनु नावै मुकति न पावै कोई ॥

Bin naaai mukati na paavai koee.

ਬਿਨੁ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਕੋ ਨਾਉ ਨ ਪਾਏ ਪ੍ਰਭਿ ਐਸੀ ਬਣਤ ਬਣਾਈ ਹੇ ॥੯॥

बिनु सतिगुर को नाउ न पाए प्रभि ऐसी बणत बणाई हे ॥९॥

Bin satigur ko naao na paae parabhi aisee baRat baRaaee he. ||9|| SGGS Ang 1046

Balbir Singh

Isn't what you are saying NOW what I had said earlier.....

If you want to experience the glory of God (Vahiguru) through his words (Shabad) then instead of asking qusetions to others, why not spend time in doing paath and vichaar of Gurbani by yourself and spend time in Naam Simran to truly experience the greatness of Akaal.

I don't mean to be rude and forgive me if i have offended anyone but I have seen in the past few years, all this cyber forums and questions and trying to be "cyber gianis" which does not contribute postively to anyone. Rather, it creates an environment of hate and anger to which Sikhi has always opposed. The true Khalsa spends time learning Shastar and Shaastar vidiya (art of warfare and learning texts). 

Please, my benti to everyone is to spend more time in Baani and Naam to truly experience God.

Edited by cybersingh

You wrote "Isn't what you are saying NOW what I had said earlier....."

No. You wrote earlier "The true Khalsa spends time learning Shastar and Shaastar vidiya (art of warfare and learning texts)." But you did not provide one reference from the reverend Gurus doing the same. Why?

You also wrote "If Gurdev says that repeating the word 'Vahiguri' in 1430 angs, one can reach enlightenment and receive spiritual wisdom, is Gurdev then a Sick Preacher?"

From where you have learned such misleading explanations. The true Gurus never said like that.

You also wrote "why not spend time in doing paath and vichaar of Gurbani by yourself and spend time in Naam Simran to truly experience the greatness of Akaal."

Please listen. Gurdev is singing about doing Paath.

ਹਰਿ ਨਿਰਮਲੁ ਅਤਿ ਊਜਲਾ ਬਿਨੁ ਗੁਰ ਪਾਇਆ ਨ ਜਾਇ ॥

हरि निरमलु अति ऊजला बिनु गुर पाइआ न जाइ ॥

Hari nirmalu ati oojlaa binu gur paaiaa na jaai.

ਪਾਠੁ ਪੜੈ ਨਾ ਬੂਝਈ ਭੇਖੀ ਭਰਮਿ ਭੁਲਾਇ ॥

पाठु पड़ै ना बूझई भेखी भरमि भुलाइ ॥

Paathu paRai naa boojhaee bhekhi bharami bhulaai. SGGS Ang 66

Vichaar of Gurbaanee is also not possible without resolving (boojhe), the true Sabad. All Paaths go empty.

Guru Arjan dev Jee is singing truth. Please ponder.

ਪੜ੍ਹ੍ਹਿ ਪੜ੍ਹ੍ਹਿ ਪੰਡਿਤ ਕਰਹਿ ਬੀਚਾਰ ॥

पड़्हि पड़्हि पंडित करहि बीचार ॥

PaRhi paRhi pandit karahi beechaar.

ਬਿਨੁ ਬੂਝੇ ਸਭ ਹੋਇ ਖੁਆਰ ॥

बिनु बूझे सभ होइ खुआर ॥

Binu boojhe sabh hoi khuaar. SGGS Ang 791

Balbir Singh

You wrote "Isn't what you are saying NOW what I had said earlier....."

No. You wrote earlier "The true Khalsa spends time learning Shastar and Shaastar vidiya (art of warfare and learning texts)." But you did not provide one reference from the reverend Gurus doing the same. Why?

You also wrote "If Gurdev says that repeating the word 'Vahiguri' in 1430 angs, one can reach enlightenment and receive spiritual wisdom, is Gurdev then a Sick Preacher?"

From where you have learned such misleading explanations. The true Gurus never said like that.

You also wrote "why not spend time in doing paath and vichaar of Gurbani by yourself and spend time in Naam Simran to truly experience the greatness of Akaal."

ਹਰਿ ਨਿਰਮਲੁ ਅਤਿ ਊਜਲਾ ਬਿਨੁ ਗੁਰ ਪਾਇਆ ਨ ਜਾਇ ॥

हरि निरमलु अति ऊजला बिनु गुर पाइआ न जाइ ॥

Hari nirmalu ati oojlaa binu gur paaiaa na jaai.

ਪਾਠੁ ਪੜੈ ਨਾ ਬੂਝਈ ਭੇਖੀ ਭਰਮਿ ਭੁਲਾਇ ॥

पाठु पड़ै ना बूझई भेखी भरमि भुलाइ ॥

Paathu paRai naa boojhaee bhekhi bharami bhulaai. SGGS Ang 66

Vichaar of Gurbaanee is also not possible without resolving (boojhe), the true Sabad. All Paaths go empty.

Guru Arjan dev Jee is singing truth. Please ponder.

ਪੜ੍ਹ੍ਹਿ ਪੜ੍ਹ੍ਹਿ ਪੰਡਿਤ ਕਰਹਿ ਬੀਚਾਰ ॥

पड़्हि पड़्हि पंडित करहि बीचार ॥

PaRhi paRhi pandit karahi beechaar.

ਬਿਨੁ ਬੂਝੇ ਸਭ ਹੋਇ ਖੁਆਰ ॥

बिनु बूझे सभ होइ खुआर ॥

Binu boojhe sabh hoi khuaar. SGGS Ang 791

Balbir Singh

Then please enlighten all of us by telling what the True Gurus said and how they practised what they preached....
You also wrote "[b]why not spend time in doing paath and vichaar of Gurbani [/b]by yourself and spend time in Naam Simran to truly experience the greatness of Akaal."

Am I not saying this either?

You wrote "Then please enlighten all of us by telling what the True Gurus said and how they practised what they preached...."

Reverend Gurus have expressed Truth precisely that could be written in words, in my experience.

One may go on reading books about mangoes but its taste is received by eating it.

Something similar is the experience of true Naam Simran.

I do not know why you want to get enlightened with a crowd. Also, Guru's Vaaks are experienced according to the development of the individual's mind.

The true Guru's preached what they practiced. One can also confirm this only after he receives true Naam Simran and goes through spiritual growth, not before.

I appreciate your thirst and wish you come to know it also.

A small tip is this. One becomes thirsty. He drinks water. He receives its color, volume, touch and taste immediately. The thirst is also quenched at the same time. Be sure true Naam Simran works similarly.

Balbir Singh

You wrote "Then please enlighten all of us by telling what the True Gurus said and how they practised what they preached...."

Reverend Gurus have expressed Truth precisely that could be written in words, in my experience.

One may go on reading books about mangoes but its taste is received by eating it.

Something similar is the experience of true Naam Simran.

I do not know why you want to get enlightened with a crowd. Also, Guru's Vaaks are experienced according to the development of the individual's mind.

The true Guru's preached what they practiced. One can also confirm this only after he receives true Naam Simran and goes through spiritual growth, not before.

I appreciate your thirst and wish you come to know it also.

A small tip is this. One becomes thirsty. He drinks water. He receives its color, volume, touch and taste immediately. The thirst is also quenched at the same time. Be sure true Naam Simran works similarly.

Balbir Singh

who says that I want to get enlightened with a crowd....I am asking you as you have asked on the forum...

Thank You for re-iterating what I said earlier but it took a while to get to this conclusion.....

As a Side note, please read...........

===========================================================================================================

PRABH KA SIMRAN SABH TE UNCHA

Remembrance of The Lord is the Highest of all.

JAP SAT NAAM SAT NAAM SAT NAAM SAT NAAM SAT NAAM SADA SADA SAT NAAM

O my mind repeat SATNAAM always SATNAAM

With the Agami Anant Apaar and Beant Kirpa of Satgur Sache Patshah Ji this chakkar of yours is trying to serve the Sangat through this article. Please forgive this kooker of the Guru and Sangat for his mis deeds or any mis representations that are not according to the Braham Gyan given in Shri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

pothhee paramaesar kaa thhaan ||

This Holy Book is the home of the Transcendent Lord God.

saadhhasa(n)g gaavehi gun gobi(n)dh pooran breham giaan ||1|| rehaao ||

Whoever sings the Glorious Praises of the Lord of the Universe in the Saadh Sangat,

the Company of the Holy, has the perfect knowledge of God. ||1||Pause||

One of another common problem that the Sangat faces is the method of doing Simran – how should it be attempted. Before even we talk about this issue it is utmost important to understand why we need to do Simran:

The highest AMRIT is NAAM, the highest level of comfort and enjoyment is NAAM, other AMRITS ARE BELOW NAAM AMRIT, the sequence is as follows:

1. HIGHEST AMRIT IS NAAM.

1. SECOND HIGHEST AMRIT IS "EK BOOND AMRIT" – that resides in side you and gets activated when you reach a high ATMIK AWASTHA OF KARAM KHAND OR SACH KHAND.

2. THIRD HIGHEST IS "KHANDE BATE KA AMRIT" (Served by today's Panj Pyare)

SUKHMANI SUKH AMRIT PRABH NAAM

BHAGAT JANA KE MAN VISHRAAM

NANAK KE GHAR KEVAL NAAM "- Guru Nanak Dev Ji was given the MOOL MANTER by AKAL PURAKH when he went under water for three days in Sultan Pur Lodhi.

ABH KALOO AYEO RE EK NAAM BOWOH BOWOH – Guru Nanak Dev Ji

There is nothing above NAAM:

PRABH KA SIMRAN SABH TE UNCHA (Sukhmani)

HAR SIMRAN MEH AAP NIRANKAARA

HAR KE NAAM SAMSAR KICHU NAAHIN (Sukhmani)

EH DHAN SANCHO HOWO BHAGWANT

JEY WAD AAP TE WAD TER I DAAT (Rehraas): the ultimate and highest NAAM is his biggest gift

NANAK VAKHANE BENTI TUDH BAAJ KUDO KOOD (Asa Di War)

– everything else is just perishable only NAAM will survive.

Please take some time to understand the First Ashtpadi of Sukhmani Sahib Ji, you will completely understand the importance and benefits of SIMRAN. This is utmost important to do so if you want to learn why GURUS, SANTS, AND BRAHAM GYANIS have concentrated on SIMRAN.

This is the only one way to JEEVAN MUKTI, PARAM PADVI and BRAHAM GYAN. All other ways will take you to midway somewhere and leave you there, and from that on wards you will have to pick up NAAM for further spiritual achievements.

This PROVES that the highest level of worshipping or Bhagti is SIMRAN. Only SIMRAN can help you conquer over your PANJ DOOT AND YOUR MIND. All the other acts of worshipping such as reading and listening Gurbani, listening and singing kirtan are a lower levels of Bhagti.

The next step is to learn how to do SIMRAN:

The best time to do Simran is amritvela (between midnight and 06:00). Start as early as 1:00 am, this is the premium time to start SIMRAN, your rewards will be just incredible, your concentration will be super, your rewards will equal to donating 40 kg of diamonds if you meditate from 1:00 am to 2:00 am, 40 kg of gold for the next hour then silver and copper and so on.

So get up around 12:30 am (this is what this sevak of yours have done) or as early as you can, take a shower, preferably wash your hair as well, keep them wet – this will help you to keep you awake – however they will dry out anyway, cover your head, and sit down in a quite corner of your house, your bed room is fine, try to use the same spot for meditation every day.

Now you don't have to sit on floor if your can't for a longer time, it can be just a SUKH ASSAN, comfortable for your body, no feeling of any pains or aches. You can sit on a comfortable, chair or sofa, if you can't sit for a long time like in case of some old people they can do it laying on the bed too, there is no hard and fast rule as to how you should sit. You should have a comfortable posture so that you can concentrate on SIMRAN.

Keep the lights turned off. After you sit down, with folded hands do the following ARDAAS:

Tere dar da eh kookar done hath jod ke ardaas jodhri benti karda hai.

THIS DOG OF YOUR COURT IS DOING ARDAS WITH PRESSED HANDS LORD.

Aasi beant paapi haan pakhandi haan kaami krodhi lobhi mohi te ahankari haan.

I AM AN ENDLESS SINNER, A HYPOCRITE, LUSTFUL, ANGRY, GREEDY, ATTACHED AND FULL OF SELFISH PRIDE

Aasi guneh gaar loon harami haan.

I AM A GREAT OFFENDER AND BETRAYER

Kirpa kar ke sadhe gunah baksh de.

BE KIND AND FORGIVE ALL OF MY MISTAKES

Sadhe herdey which aa.

COME AND RESIDE IN MY HEART

Tan man seetal kar de.

COOL MY MIND AND BODY.

Chit ekager kar deh.

FOCUS MY MIND ON YOU.

Tan man dhan sabh tera hai teri upma tujhi ko arpan.

MIND BODY AND WEALTH ARE ALL YOURS AND I SACRIFICE THEM FOR YOUR GLORY

ek man ek chit kar de.

FOCUS MY MIND AND ATTENTION ON ONE

Apni seva aap lawo ji.

YOU YOURSELF COME AND TAKE THIS SERVICE

Sabh kuch tera kuch nahin mera,

EVERYTHING IS YOURS, NOTHING IS MINE

Hamre kite kichu naa howe ji kare karawe ape aap ji.

NOTHING I DO HAPPENS, WHATEVER YOU DO COMES TO PASS

Jo tudh bhawe sohi bhali kaar,

WHATEVER PLEASES YOU IS A WONDERFUL THING

Jive jiv hukum teve tiv kaar

ONLY YOUR HUKAM HAPPENS

(ACCEPTING ALL YOUR MISDEEDS IS VERY IMPORTANT)

And then start your SIMRAN:

SAT NAAM SHREE WAHEGURU JI,

SAT NAAM SHREE WAHEGURU JI

. . . . .and continue.

We hope you understand the difference between JAAP and SIMRAN – Please this sevak's article on GURMANTER AND NAAM JAAP AND SIMRAN to understand these divine words – SHABAD GURU.

So you should be doing SIMRAN in your mind at the least. The way it works is as follows:

1. Jaap with your tounge-RASNA will make your RASNA pious – PAVITTER.

2. Jaap along the breath will make your breath and breathing track pious.

3. SIMRAN in your MIND will make your MIND pious.

4. SIMRAN in HIRDEY will make your HIRDEY pious.

You would like to make your MIND pious, at the least, to have a control over the mind, and if your SIMRAN STARTS IN YOUR MIND then you are very lucky. We have already talked about controlling of the mind in one of the previous messages.

We sincerely hope that all the members are doing SIMRAN for 2.5 hrs every morning, if not, then they should do it. Infact longer time is very beneficial, if you do SIMRAN continuously for two hrs you will be counted doing it on the earth, once you go into deep meditation – SMADHI IN KARAM KHAND, the third hour onward will be counted in DARGAH, and you will have a lot of unbelievable experiences. You will see a lot of ALOKIK NAZARE. The GURUS will come to bless you and so on.

Please accept these words as seva from this humble servant of yours. Please forgive this chakkar of yours for any mis representations. Thanks to every one for taking time to read these messages.

Dassan Das

===========================================================================================================

Simran

Ik Oankaar Sat Naam Satgur Parsaad.

Dhan Dhan Gur-Guru-Satgur-Gurbani-Sat Naam-Sat Sangat

Kottan Kot Dandaut Parvaan Karna Ji; Gur Fateh Parvaan Karna Ji

With the Anant Beyant Gur Kirpa Gur Parsaad we are trying to dedicate following Seva at the Shree Charans of Dhan Dhan Guru and Dhan Dhan Akal Purakh and Dhan Dhan Sat Sangat Ji.

This is a serious of short articles to explain the difference between Naam, Gur Manter, Guru Manter and Gur Shabad.

THE DIVINE MEANING OF THE VAHIGURU MANTER BY BHAI GURDASS JI

“Sathijug sathigur vaasadhaev vaavaa vishanaa naam japaavai.

Dhuaapar sathigur hareekrishan haahaa har har naam dhhiaavai.

Thraethae sathigur raam jee raaraa raam japae sukh paavai.

Kalijug naanak gur gobind gagaa gobind naam japaavai.

Chaarae jaagae chahu jugee panchaaein vich jaae samaavai.

Chaaro ashhar eik kar vahiguru jap manter japaavai.

Jehaa thae oupajiaa fir thehaa samaavai.”

This Shabad by Dhan Dhan Bhai Gurdass Ji explains how the Shabad Vahiguru came into existance and what it really means. Bhai Gurdass ji is saying that the first letter “V” in the Shabad Vahiguru, represents the Mahima – praise, of Lord Vishnu as a Satgur in Sat Yug. Then Bhai Gurdas Ji says that the second letter “H” represents the Mahima of Lord Krishna as a Satgur in the Dwaaper Yug. Lord Krishna was and still is remembered as Hari-Krishan by the masses and this divine name gives us the letter “H” of the Shabad Vahiguru. Then Mahima of Lord Ram as a Satgur in the Treta Yug gives the letter “R” in the Shabad Vahiguru. Then Bhai Gurdass Ji descibes the Mahima of Guru Nanak Patshah Ji as a Satgur in the Kal Yug as being Gobind – God Himself – Nirankaar, “Nanak Gur Gobind.” This gives us the letter “G” in the Shabad Vahiguru. This means that the Shabad Vahiguru represents all of the Satgurus – Vishnu, Ram, Hari-Krishan, and Nanak Gur Gobind from all four ages – Sat Yug, Treta Yug, Dwaaper Yug and Kal Yug.

When we recite the Shabad Vahiguru we are praising these Satgurus. Hence, the Shabad Vahiguru is not the Naam, but it is the Mahima of these Satgurus, the praise of these Satgurus. The most important thing to understand here is that nowhere in his Vaars has Bhai Gurdass Ji said that Naam is the Shabad Vahiguru. Even in this Pauri he has just called it a Manter, “chaaron ashhar eik kar vahiguru jap manter japaavai.”

Most people nowdays think of the Shabad Vahiguru as Naam, which is contrary to what Bhai Gurdass Ji has explained. He has already explained in Vaar 1 Pauri 1 that the Shabad Sat Naam is the Manter that leads us to Jivan Mukti and beyond Maya. The fact that the Shabad Sat is the Naam, Sat Naam, was announced by Dhan Dhan Shri Guru Nanak Patshah Ji in the Mool Manter.

THE DIVINE MEANING OF SAT NAAM VAHIGURU SIMRAN

In the Shabad Sat Naam Vahiguru, note that the Shabad Sat Naam leads the Shabad Vahiguru. When we recite the Shabad Sat Naam Vahiguru then we mean that Sat is the Naam and the Satgurus Vishnu, Krishna, Ram and Nanak are the Mahima, praise, of this Naam. This means that when we do Sat Naam Vahiguru Simran then we remember the Nirgun Saroop of Akal Purakh and also His Mahima in terms of these Satgurus. This also means that the Mahima of Akal Purakh are the Satgurus and they are the result of Naam.

At the end of this verse, Bhai Gurdass Ji has said that when we recite the Shabad Vahiguru, we go back to the Origin, “Jehaa thae oupajiaa fir thehaa samaavai.”

Let us explain the process of how we go back to the Origin by reciting the Shabad Vahiguru. Akal Purakh came into existance first, then His Naam came into existance and then the Mahima came into existence – this is written in Asa Di Var, “Aapinay aap saajio aapeenaay rachiya nao. Duyee kudrat saajia kar asan dita chao.” This means that Naam is bigger than the Mahima and that the Mahima will lead us back to the Naam. The Naam will in turn lead us back to Akal Purakh. This is exactly what happened to us. We started with Vahiguru Simran. Then we were blessed with the Gur Parsaad of Naam, Puran Bandgi and Seva, so Simran switched to Sat Naam Vahiguru. Next it became just Sat Naam Simran. Then it moved onto Sat Sat Sat Simran and eventually even Sat disappeared to no name, just complete silence, “Namastang Nirnaameh. – Greetings to the One who has no name,” as described by Dhan Dhan Dassam Patshah Ji in Jaap Sahib. It is important to mention that when we say the Manter switched, it happened by Gurprasad as our spiritual stage changed. What we recite is the Hukam we are automaticlly made to follow at a certain time, the key is the Gur Prasad.

VAHIGURU IS A GUR SHABAD

“Vahiguru gur shabad lai piram piaa laa chup chalolaa.” Vaar 4.

“Vahiguru saalaahanaa gur shabad alaa-eae-aa.” Vaar 9.

“Vaedh kathaeb agochar aa Vahiguru gur shabad sunaayaa.” Vaar 12

All these verses by Bhai Gurdass Ji highlight that Vahiguru is a Gur Shabad. That is an absolute divine truth, because the Shabad Vahiguru is a part of the Gurbani. And Gurbani is the:-

· language of Akal Purakh

· story of Akal Purakh – Akath Ki Katha,

· Mahima of Akal Purakh,

· Mahima of Naam,

· Mahima of Sants and Bhagats, Satgurus and Brahmgianis, Sadh and Junn.

So it is the Mahima and not the Naam. Vahiguru has emanated from Naam, hence it is the Mahima of Naam. For that matter the entire Gurbani is a Gur Shabad. But, the the Gur Shabad Vahiguru contains the Mahima of the Satgurus of all four ages and when we recite the Shabad Vahiguru we remember the Satgurus of all four ages – Vishnu, Ram, Hari-Krishan, and Nanak.

We have also seen copies of some original Hukam Namas of various Guru Sahibans that were published in a book. They have preached to the common Sangat to “Guru Guru Japna.” Meaning recite “Guru Guru” i.e. Vahiguru. This shows that everybody didn’t get Naam right away from the Guru Sahibans. There were probably a few fortunate ones who were blessed with the Gur Parsaad of Naam, Naam Simran, Puran Bandgi and Seva.

Why didn’t the Guru Sahibans bless everyone with the Gurprasad of Naam right away? Because, Vahiguru is the first step on the ladder and leads you to Naam. Then Naam - Sat Naam, is the Gur Prasad that leads you and takes you to the Sat – the Nirgun Saroop and merges you with the Nirgun. There is no Naam at that level. When you merge into Akal Purakh then there remains no Naam. When we started meditating in the early stages many a time another Shabad from Gurbani would come within us and we would keep on medidating on that particular Shabad and so on until we automatically switched to Sat Naam. This is the sequence of the Hukam we were automatically made to follow, the key was the Gur Prasad.

1. Vahiguru,

2. Sat Naam Vahiguru,

3. Sat Naam,

4. Ik Oankaar Sat Naam,

5. Sat Sat Sat, and

6. then nothing.

The Shabad Vahiguru is called a Gur Shabad, but not the Naam. The Gur Parsaad of Naam is very difficult to handle for most beginners because it is so powerful. It puts you on a real fast divine track where all of the spiritual experiences come really quickly, but also where the tests of Maya come in really hard. That is exactly what happened to a lot of people in our Sat Sangat. They went up so fast and then when the tests of Maya came, they failed miserably. So that is the reason why the Brahmgianis will tell most beginners to do Vahiguru Jap for a long time. Then they will only give the Gur Prasad of Naam to a few rare ones who are ready to handle it. They only exceptions are the ones who already have a lot of Bandgi from their past lives. Their Brahmgiani will know that and give them Gurprasad of Naam right away.

THE DIVINE MEANING OF VAHIGURU JI KA KHALSA VAHIGURU JI KI FATEH

The meaning of the Shabad Vahiguru has already been as explained by Bhai Gurdass Ji and it signifies the praise, so in short you can say Dhan Dhan. Or if you want to go deeper and to a longer version then it is the praise, the Mahima of the Satgurus in all four ages.

The divine meaning of the Shabad Khalsa has already been explained several times and that is that a Khalsa is a Puran Brahmgiani. So this Vahiguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vahiguru Ji Ki Fateh means that the Puran Brahmgiani is Dhan Dhan and is a winner.

Winner of what? The winner over Maya. The winner over Panj Doots and desires. The winner over His mind. The winner of the 14 Lok Parlok. The winner of the internal compliance. The winner of the Puran Sachyari Rehat, the Anderli Rehat, the internal compliance. So this Fateh is the praise of a Puran Brahmgiani.

THE GUR MANTER AND NAAM

Most people nowadays think that that Gur Manter is Vahiguru and that is the Naam. They think we are twisting GurBani and have changed the Gur Manter to Sat Naam. This is not true. When we ask people why they think Vahiguru is the Gur Manter, they quote Bhai Gurdass Ji and say, “Vahiguru gur manter hai jap haumai khoee.” However, after taking this Shabad in context of everything Bhai Gurdass Ji has said in other Shabads as explained above and in context of GurBani, we know that he means that Vahiguru is the Manter that praises the Gurus of the four Ages, so Gur Manter here actually means Guru Manter and not the Naam.

The divine truth is that Sat is the Naam and Naam is the Gur Manter. As stated earlier, the fact that the Shabad Sat is the Naam, Sat Naam, was announced by Dhan-Dhan Shri Guru Nanak Patshah Ji in the Mool Manter. The fact that the Gur Manter refers to the Naam is told to us be Dhan-Dhan Guru Arjun Dev ji here, “Gur manter avakhadh naam dheenaa junn nanak sankatt jon n paae.” This means that the Gur Manter is called the Naam and only the Gur Manter of Naam can cure us of all the sicknesses. This is on page 1002 of Shri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

Let us understand the true meaning of Gur Manter by taking a deeper dive into the Mansarovar. First, we realize that the Shabad Gur Manter comprises of two Shabads – Gur and Manter. The Gur used here means Akal Purakh and Manter means the Shabad which is given by Akal Purakh to lead us to salvation. Manter means that which brings your mind under control. In Punjabi we say “Munn nu taar deyndaa hai.” This is the divine meaning of Gur Manter as used in this Salok, “Gur manter avakhadh naam dheenaa junn nanak sankatt jon n paae.”

Let us dive a little bit deeper into this Salok. The Gur Manter is Naam and only the Gur Manter of Naam can cure us of all the sicknesses. What are these sicknesses? They are the Panj Doots and desires. These mental sicknesses lead to physical ailments. So what can cure all of these ailments? The answer is the Gur Manter of Naam. Once we are cured of these mental sicknesses then we will be relieved of the biggest sorrow of the birth and death. That means we will become Jivan Mukt – achieve salvation. So in this Salok, it has been very clearly explained that the Gur Manter is the Naam and Naam will lead us to salvation.

If we dive a little deeper still into the Mansarovar we gain further divine wisdom about where we get the Naam. The Junn is the source of Naam. Akal Purakh is addressing Dhan-Dhan Guru Nanak Patshah that the Junn is the source of Naam, which is the Gur Manter. This will make us pure and pious by relieving us of the shackles of Maya. This leads us to salvation and saves us from reincarnating through the biggest sorrow of birth and death. So with that said, this one Salok has the Puran Braham Gyan in itself. It is telling us how we can achieve salvation.

Vahiguru is the Guru Manter and that will remain so, nobody can change it, but the Gur Manter is Naam – Sat Naam. All we have tried to do is bring out this Puran Sat – divine truth to the masses and nothing else. This doesn’t mean that you cannot meditate on the Shabad Vahiguru, you can continue to do so until you get the Gur Prasad of Naam, Puran Bandgi and Seva and then as we said you will automatically switch to Sat Naam Vahiguru and so on. So please remove that misunderstanding from your minds and be clear about the eternal divine truth that the Gur Manter is also called the Naam, that Sat is the Naam, that Sat is the Guru and that Vahiguru is the Guru Manter as described above and signifies the Mahima of Akal Purakh and His Bhagats, the Mahima of SatGur.

WHAT IS THE DIVINE MEANING OF GUR MANTER?

Let us understand the true meaning of Gur Manter by taking a deep dive into the Mansarovar. First, we realize that the Shabad Gur Manter comprises of two Shabads – Gur and Manter. Gur used here means Akal Purakh and Manter means the Shabad which is given by Akal Purakh to lead us to salvation. Manter means that which brings your mind under control. In Punjabi we say “Munn nu taar deyndaa hai.” Now let us reveal the divine meaning of Gur Manter as used in the following Saloks of Gurbani.

gur manter avakhadhh naam dheenaa jan naanak sankatt jon n paae || SGGS 1002.

The Gur Manter is Naam and only the Gur Manter of Naam can cure us of all the sicknesses. What are these sicknesses? They are the Panj Doots and desires. These mental sicknesses lead to physical ailments. So what can cure all of these ailments? The answer is the Gur Manter of Naam. Once we are cured of these mental sicknesses then we will be relieved of the biggest sorrow of the birth and death. That means we will become Jivan Mukt – achieve salvation. So in this Salok, it has been very clearly explained that the Gur Manter is Naam and Naam will lead us to salvation.

If we dive a little deeper still into the Mansarovar we gain further divine wisdom about where we get the Naam. The Junn is the source of Naam. Akal Purakh is addressing Dhan Dhan Guru Nanak Patshah that the Junn is the source of Naam, which is the Gur Manter. This will make us pure and pious by relieving us of the shackles of Maya. This then leads us to salvation and saves us from reincarnating through the biggest sorrow of birth and death. So with that said, this one Salok has the Puran Brahmgian in itself. It is telling us how we can achieve salvation.

dhukh kalaes n bho bi aapai gur manter hiradhai hoe || SGGS 51.

This Shalok gives us another glimpse of the Mahima of Naam. When Naam goes into the Hirda, then that is the stage when we become fearless. That is when the fear of death is gone, when the fear of anything and everything is gone and we get relieved of all the sorrows and pains. These sorrows and pains are the mental sicknesses. When Naam goes into the Hirda then salvation is attained, Mukti from Maya is achieved.

When the Gur Manter of Naam, the Gur Parsaad of Naam goes into the Hirda the the Hirda Sarovar is illuminated. This means that the internal source of Amrit is activated and the Hirda Kamal (Lotus) blossoms. Then Maya is conquered completely, the soul goes beyond Maya, “Trihu Gun Tey Parey” – beyond three attributes of Maya and the soul merges in the Nirgun Saroop. This is a very high spiritual stage that happens in Karam Khand and Sach Khand.

When Naam goes into the Hirda that is the stage of Karam Khand. Following that, the soul goes into Sach Khand when complete control over Maya is achieved and the soul gets liberated from the influence of Maya and goes back to the Nirgun Saroop.

kahu naanak gur manter chithaar || SGGS 186.

This is another Hukam of Dhan Dhan Paar Braham Parmesar to us instructing us to replace the mind by using the Gur Manter of Naam as explained earlier. Akal Purakh is addressing Guru Nanak Patshah Ji. These divine words came from the Guru Patshah Ji, but look at the Nimrata – humbleness and humility of the Guru Sahibans, they gave all the Wadyaee (praise) to Akal Purakh, whereas Akal Purakh gives all the Wadyaaee to the Sants and Bhagats. But still, the Sants and Bhagats keep on giving all the Wadyaaee to Akal Purakh Himself. This happens when there is no Haumai left, then the all of the praises are for the Guru and Akal Purakh, “Kaho Nanak Sabh Teri Wadyaaee Koi Nao Naa Janey Mera.”

When the mind is replaced by Naam, then the divine sixth sense takes over and all five senses come under the divine Hukam. When that happens then salvation is achieved. so There is the Gur Parsaad of Naam, Naam Simran, Puran Bandgi and Seva hidden in each one of these Saloks. You can feel this Puran Tat Gian only when you have actually physically experienced this happening within yourself. Another way of explaining it is that whatever Guru Sahibans experienced physically was recited by them, which was then put into writing.

kahu naanak gur manter dhrirr aaeiaa || SGGS 188.

This is another Hukam of Dhan Dhan Paar Braham Parmesar, which is about the implanting of the Gur Manter of Naam directly into the Surat, Hirda, all of the Sat Sarovars and Rom Rom. This again leads us to the Gur Parsaad of Naam, Naam Simran, Puran Bandgi and Seva, only then is this Hukam is carried out in full.

har maarag saadhhoo dhas iaa japeeai gura manth || SGGS 321.

This is the Hukam about where will you get the Gur Parsaad of Naam, Naam Simran, Puran Bandgi and Seva. Only a Sadhu, the one who is one with God, who is beyond Maya, can help you get the Gur Parsaad.

The Shabad Gur Manter refers to the Gur Parsaad of Naam, Naam Simran, Puran bandgi and Seva. Whatever you may look at in Gurbani, when you go deeper into the divine meanings, you end up in the Mansarovar – Nirgun Saroop, Param Jyot Puran Parkash.

Har Marag means the passage to Sach Khand is found and followed in the Sat Sangat of a Sadhu. A Sadhu is the one who has straightened out His Hirda amd made it a Khalas Hirda meaning a pure Hirda - a Sant Hirda and filled it with all the divine qualities.

The Shabad Sadhu takes us deep into the Mansarovar. The Shabad Har Marag takes us deep into the Mansarovar. Japnaa takes us deep into the Mansarovar. Gur Manter takes us deep into the Mansarovar. Every Hukam leads us ultimately into the depths of the Mansarovar. Every Shabad takes us deep into the depths of the Mansarovar – Nirgun Saroop of Akal Purakh.

chalath baisath sovath jaa gath gur manter ridhai chithaar || SGGS 1006.

This Hukam leads us to Rom Rom Naam Simran – Ajapaa Jaap Naam Simran. It is physically not possible to keep on doing Naam Simran while walking, sitting, sleeping and at all times. But, when we go into Ajapaa Jaap and Rom Rom Naam Simran only then is this Hukam fulfilled. So again this Hukam is talking us to the depths of the Mansarovar. This can happen only when you are saturated with Amrit in the Mansarovar.

So achieving every Shabad leads us to salvation and again this is all Gur Parsaad of the Gur Manter of Naam, Naam Simran, Puran Bandgi and Seva that takes us to the heights of the spiritual world as described in this Hukam.

chahu dhis fool rehee bikhiaa bikh gur manter mookh garurraaree || SGGS 1209.

This Shabad is talking about Maya. Bikhiaa is the Maya - the poison of Maya that is eating the entire world. That is why this current Age is called the Dark Age – Kal Yug. It is at its peak. Maya is operating at its peak in this Dark Age and our Karni wrapped in the scum of Maya is causing us to drink this poison on a continuous basis. The Amrit is the Gur Manter of Naam, Naam Simran, Puran Bandgi and Seva, which can help us break through this dark scum of the Maya and go beyond the Maya and back to the Origin.

So this Salok describes the current situation we are in and how can we get out of this darkness of Maya and go into the Puran Parkash – Nirgun Saroop. This divine Hukam is again telling us how we can go and touch the depths of the Mansarovar with the Gur Prasad of the Gur Manter of Naam, Naam Simran, Puran Bandgi and Seva.

The bottom line is that the Shabad Gur Manter used in these Saloks means the Gur Prasaad of Naam, Naam Simran, Puran Bandgi and Seva. All the above divine Hukams lead us to the depths of the Mansarovar, which can only happen through the Gur Prasad of Naam, Naam Simran, Puran Bandgi and Seva.

Dassan Dass

My link

You seem to be a well-read person.

In my experience, collecting information about Simran is not receiving true Naam Simran.

Also those who feel they are now Bossan Boss do not get it without Saadhu Sang.

Balbir Singh

You seem to be a well-read person.

In my experience, collecting information about Simran is not receiving true Naam Simran.

Balbir Singh

Thank you for clarifying this but I kinda mentioned it about 3 pages ago.... B)
If you want to experience the glory of God (Vahiguru) through his words (Shabad), 

then instead of asking questions to others, why not spend time in doing paath and vichaar of Gurbani by yourself and spend time in Naam Simran to truly experience the greatness of Akaal.

Yup, the greatness of Sangat is mentioned a myriad of times in Guru Granth Sahib Ji.....

Edited by cybersingh

Balbir Singh

I was wondering can u tell me what the (Eaek Akhar) Guru Ji is talking about.

ਏਕੁ ਅਖਰੁ ਜੋ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਜਾਪੈ ਤਿਸ ਕੀ ਨਿਰਮਲ ਸੋਈ ॥੩॥

eaek akhar jo guramukh jaapai this kee niramal soee ||3||

One who, as Gurmukh, chants the One Word, acquires a spotlessly pure reputation. ||3||

19 Soohee Guru Arjan Dev

Edited by amritkhalsa

Dear all and Amritkhalsa Jee!

You asked "I was wondering can u tell me what the (Eaek Akhar) Guru Ji is talking about."

Guru Jee is also giving clues to get this wisdom from a Saadhu, Saint and the true Guru.

Guru Jee never said that the wisdom of Naam is received by reading books again and again.

Balbir Singh

Final Thought............

Let's listen to what 'Gurdev' is singing..........................

Panna 864....

Shabad by Guru Arjun Dev Ji in Raag Gond...............

Gond mėhlā 5.

Gond, Fifth Mehl

Gurū gurū gur kar man mor.

Chant Guru, Guru, Guru, O my mind.

Gurū binā mai nāhī hor.

I have no other than the Guru.

Gur kī tek rahhu ḏin rāṯ.

I lean upon the Support of the Guru, day and night.

Jā kī ko▫e na metai ḏāṯ. ||1||

No one can decrease His bounty. ||1||

Gur parmesar eko jāṇ.

Know that the Guru and the Transcendent Lord are One.

Jo ṯis bẖāvai so parvāṇ. ||1|| rahā▫o.

Whatever pleases Him is acceptable and approved. ||1||Pause||

Gur cẖarṇī jā kā man lāgai.

One whose mind is attached to the Guru's feet -

Ḏūkẖ ḏaraḏ bẖaram ṯā kā bẖāgai.

his pains, sufferings and doubts run away.

Gur kī sevā pā▫e mān.

Serving the Guru, honor is obtained.

Gur ūpar saḏā kurbān. ||2||

I am forever a sacrifice to the Guru. ||2||

Gur kā ḏarsan ḏekẖ nihāl.

Gazing upon the Blessed Vision of the Guru's Darshan, I am exalted.

Gur ke sevak kī pūran gẖāl.

The work of the Guru's servant is perfect.

Gur ke sevak ka▫o ḏukẖ na bi▫āpai.

Pain does not afflict the Guru's servant.

Gur kā sevak ḏah ḏis jāpai. ||3||

The Guru's servant is famous in the ten directions. ||3||

Gur kī mahimā kathan na jā▫e.

The Guru's glory cannot be described.

Pārbarahm gur rahi▫ā samā▫e.

The Guru remains absorbed in the Supreme Lord God.

Kaho Nānak jā ke pūre bẖāg.

Says Nanak, one who is blessed with perfect destiny -

Gur cẖarṇī ṯā kā man lāg. ||4||6||8||

his mind is attached to the Guru's feet. ||4||6||8||

Though this is translated (because I don't know how to add the gurmukhi fonts) the ang number is there so those who have doubts can go read for themselves.

Thanks for referring the wonderful Hymn from Gurdev but why have you supplied the poor translation with it.

For example, you wrote.

Guroo guroo guru kar man mor - Guru Arjan Dev Jee - Panna 864.

Chant Guru, Guru, Guru, O my mind - The translation.

May I ask if 'kar' means chanting? Also, the word Guroo and Guru both mean Guru?

The topic here is 'Who is Banwaaree'?

Have you anything to say about Banwaaree? Did you find the word Banwaaree in Sri Guru Granth Saahib Jee?

The preacher-folk are trying their best to produce experts on Waheguru. When will I come to know? Who is Banwaaree?

Balbir Singh

Edited by Balbir Singh

Thanks for referring the wonderful Hymn from Gurdev but why have you supplied the poor translation with it.

For example, you wrote.

May I ask if 'kar' means chanting? Also, the word Guroo and Guru both mean Guru?

The topic here is 'Who is Banwaaree'?

Have you anything to say about Banwaaree? Did you find the word Banwaaree in Sri Guru Granth Saahib Jee?

The preacher-folk are trying their best to produce experts on Waheguru. When will I come to know? Who is Banwaaree?

Balbir Singh

For example, you wrote.

Just a question but do you not read the entire sentence or do you and pick a few lines that stand out?

I posted:

Though this is translated (because I don't know how to add the gurmukhi fonts) the ang number is there so those who have doubts can go read for themselves.

Please read the entire statement before passing judgement...I do not know how to add the gurmukhi fonts so I added the translations but I also stated that you can read the ang as well within SGGS....

A Suggestion as mentioned time and time again, why don't you read Gurbani and ask those questions and perhaps Maharaj will answer your questions instead of posting questions on line and then not listening to various opinions.........again you ask others who have various opinions and argue the opinions, why not form your own and share with the rest of the sangat.

Truth is to enliven. Truth is not to form opinions.

Balbir Singh

Then one must embark on a journey alone to search for the Truth as only one can experience and not from others.........

All clues given by a blind about light are false. Also, he is convinced. He does not need a doctor.

Many imitate singing Guru's Hymns and explain. Gurprasaadi means 'by Guru's Grace'. But they never come to know the Gur. They are confident. "Then one must embark on a journey alone to search for the Truth as only one can experience and not from others.........." Their motto is 'please come to listen. And try to imagine that your Guroo is speaking through them.

Please listen. Gurdev is singing.

ਜੋ ਹਮਰੀ ਬਿਧਿ ਹੋਤੀ ਮੇਰੇ ਸਤਿਗੁਰਾ ਸਾ ਬਿਧਿ ਤੁਮ ਹਰਿ ਜਾਣਹੁ ਆਪੇ ॥

जो हमरी बिधि होती मेरे सतिगुरा सा बिधि तुम हरि जाणहु आपे ॥

Jo hamree bidhi hotee mere Satiguraa saa bidhi tum Hari jaaNahu aape. SGGS Ang 167

Wow! In what ecstasy the true Gurus sing Banwaaree and His Praise.

Strange, so many Sick people are not able to bring the word Banwaaree once on their tongue.

Balbir Singh