Gobind Gita

Kaljug

True that but I read the book when i wasn't active here on the forum (think back in 2013 og 2014). I've tried putting up some books and articles recently but no one comments on them.

From my experience short extracts are worth more than full pieces on a forum. It gives people a hit, and then you can link to the full work for people to peruse at their own leisure/pace. 

Don't worry about people commenting. Just have it out there. Some kid might come across it years from now and it could kick start a major change in his/her life. 

From my experience short extracts are worth more than full pieces on a forum. It gives people a hit, and then you can link to the full work for people to peruse at their own leisure/pace. 

Don't worry about people commenting. Just have it out there. Some kid might come across it years from now and it could kick start a major change in his/her life. 

Sure good idea. I usually write notes when I read a book, i'll paste the notes on to here for others to see in the future

Edited by amardeep

And where can those parts be found?

You're asking the right person this question! lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6ZPaUeKvNI

Edited by dalsingh101

Singh1234....

You know that is Amardeep in the video yeah? 

Amardeep: when you gonna give us that reference in Gobind Gita? 

Here are my notes - what I wrote down while reading it years back.

"The Gobind Gita switches between translation in verse to narrative stories in prose back and forth – the narratives being from the Padam Purana. This is what the Chaupa Singh rehitnama's authencity is critisiced for - a constant switch between verse and prose.
When having more time, translate the texts from page 205 onwards(PDF version) or 396 if pagination by the book. regarding the tenth chapter: Teekakaar vaach: Eis dhiaye rahit jo dharay so khalsa hai roop hamaray… Page 225  in the book also has lines about the Khalsa

And 238: Cool quote- People dont know themselves yet take great pride in their caste. page 250 bottom also talks about the caste system"

Edited by amardeep

• 5 years later...
  • 9 months later...