Loh Mushti - Iron First Fighting

Maha Singh

Nice video, though I can't really show it to very young kids in the family in case they get confused with the sanatan/Hindu blur. That was an interesting quote of General Allard given in the beginning. Makes me wonder how much more information is 'out there' in non English languages, that the panth is largely unaware of? I'm sure some of those European generals of Ranjit Singh must have been at least minor celebrities in their home towns. I wonder what accounts they left on leave or on retirement? Intriguing.

interesting video, but whats the meaning of "hindu sikh"?

this is an understandable and on the whole agreeable explanation for its use in regards to the martial art, i.e. hindu sikh shastar vidia, but how you can you explain the phrase "hindu sikh soldiers" as found in the video description? Surely there should be an and between hindu and sikh?

Nihang Niddar Singh demonstrates and expands upon the history and technique employed by Hindu Sikh Soldiers in Loh Mushti, a means of fist fighting whilst wearing an iron bracelet. This clip is intended purely for educational and informational purposes and it not meant to be an instructional video. Attempts to copy the techniques shown could lead to injury

It relates to BOTH Hindu and Sikh.

How much effort does it require to separate Hindu and Sikh with the word "and" or to use an ampersand when writing, if he truly believes that these two Panths are separate?

It seems pretty clear that he serves his own agenda by choosing not to separate the words.

Anyway, nice vids, though I worry that demonstrating such things to the public may eventually result in the kara being banned as a weapon by the powers that be.

K.

Edited by Kaljug

Well, to me it seems if some sikhs are too arrogant to learn SV for whatever reasons and some mussalman has the humility to learn from a kaffir, then it must be so.

Yes, until they do a Bahadhur Ali and turn on Sikhs for whatever reason, and then proceed to use what they know against them. lol

Yes, until they do a Bahadhur Ali and turn on Sikhs for whatever reason, and then proceed to use what they know against them. lol

This is exactly what I'm concerned about. If niddar is teaching Muslims how to break bones and use a kara as a weapon, just imagine if one of those Muslim students turns out like Bahadur Ali, and decides to use his new found knowledge against the very people who taught him. Humility has nothing to do with it. I'm sure even Muslims like Anjum Chaudry had Kaffirs as teachers when he went to law school, but look how he misuses his knowledge of UK law.

Although I do like what Niddar does, I doubt ANYTHING he teaches can teach sullay to be bigger killing machines than a jihadi 'sooside' pataka wallah.

I mean he's good...but not that good! lol

I don't think Nidar Singh has any Muslim students now, I think he may have had 1 or 2 in London in the past. Funnily enough they have never caused problems. On the other hand, literally hundreds of his ex-Sikh Students can't help but back chat, curse, spread false propoganda about their ex teacher etc.

If a Muslim is willing to put his hands together and follow an Ardaas praising the Gurus and Shaheeds, to do Shastar Pooja (Namaskaar), to listen to Sikh view point of Sikh ithihaas (for hours and hours lol), to listen about the valour/courage/glory of the Khalsa, to learn about the faith, to treat fellow students (all Sikh, most Khalsai) with utmost respect... then I don't really see the problem. If anything, those who attend the class will respect Sikhs, esp for Nidar Singh giving them an opportunity to learn many aspects of their own lost heritage (esp Pakistani Muslim) in terms of sword fightig etc.

In all this, you forget, Nidar Singh is not a 'simple fella', he is very clever, and has many ways of sifting out fanatic types, be them Muslim or Sikh.

I personally think it is admirable that Nidar Singh opens his classes to all, and in terms of promoting SV (even in terms of recognition) the class needs to egalitarian - gorai, kalai, hindus, Muslims whatever should all be allowed. Him doing this simply shows his confidence in his abilities and his plan. I believe the higher level stuff is not so easily shared, and only fully given to his Shagrids, so that does away with the problem of high level vidya going into the wrong hands.

Generally, the more type of people (culturally, racially, different martial arts backgrounds whatever) attend the class, the regular students get fodder to practice on and perfect their art (as bad as that sounds).

So I would say generally there is no need for concern. Kara fighting is not unique to Sikhi, Indonesia/Philipines have equivalents using slightly different weapons, in India their is Vajra Mushti, from which one of the intial knuckle duster type ridged kara photos in teh video is taken from (or at least the same as). Some Westerners have gone to Indian and learnt Vajra Mushti from the Gujrat Akharas, its a deadly art. Gien, the pentra etc used in Loh Mushti is different, but the engagement, control and counter etc I believe would not be so different, same goes for the Island versions in which I have seen similarities.

At the end of the day everyone has 2 arms and 2 legs. Anyone who seriously meditates on combat is going to ultimately achieve similar results, hence the true Masters of various worldwide combat arts speaking/understanding the same language.

The key difference here is the learning the historical and cultural context, which is unique in SV as it relates to Singhs.

The key difference here is the learning the historical and cultural context, which is unique in SV as it relates to Singhs.

Or Hindu-Sikhs as Niddar likes to call them.

But in his defense, texts like Panth Prakash do no different.

Edited by dalsingh101