~Discussion With Sant Jagjit Singh Ji Harkhowale At Trip To Toronto 2010~

when i mentioned subsaharan africa i meant how many areas have such an aids epidemic that children are raising children and parents are wiped out. people are struggling to eat. i wasn't referring to people living traditional tribal ways of life, that actually sounds quite peaceful.

Neo Singh:

I think I'm speaking for everyone here when I say thank you so much for this priceless seva!

K.

I also want to thank Veer N30 Singh Jee. He does some excellent seva, but the seva he does by recording these conversations is priceless. I hope the sangat here(including me) can follow the example of N30 Singh Jee and also do similar seva anytime we meet a spiritually advanced Gursikh/Mahpursh.

"The part about Shastar Puja is pretty cool also. It's especially cool since Sant ji is Nirmala-focused not a Nihang. For anyone who didn't listen to that part yet, Sant ji says that real shastar puja is cleaning and maintaining your shastar and learning how to use it. If you don't know how to use it, waving all the incense sticks in the world around your khanda will not help you one bit when you are forced to use it. It's a great reality check for those who confuse Shastar Puja with some empty ritual that will magically teach you to fight like you've got 8 arms and a tiger."

To be honest, I have never heard of anyone who thinks doing shastar pooja (as in the literal sense) gives you super fighting powers. In fact, I personally do not even know anyone in the UK that does shastar pooja. The closest I have heard to the above scenario is Singhs from certain groups who think that doing Vaheguru simran alone will give you the ultimate fighting skill.

We shouldn't mock or throw the baby out with the bath water. The literal shastar pooja is mentioned in detail in our ithihaas at a time when Singhs were Warriors. It's common sense that one must train hard and do abyaas on yudh, the pooja only seeks to create a special relationship with the shastar that one will depend on when it comes to the crunch.

Also, if one has reverence for their shastar, they will undoubtedly look after them and maintain the to the highest standard (as we do Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji di seva).

I have seen a trend in questions about shastar pooja and relevance of shastar vidya today, and sadly, to me, it seems like certain groups are trying to get respected personalities to provide the answer that justify their lack of efforts/understanding.

I haven't heard the interview yet, but from what is said above, Sant Ji seems to have provided excellent common-sensical asnwers as per usual.

My thanks to N3O Singh also for this great seva, I look forward to finding a spare few minutes to listen to the recording.

Thanks.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Try this link singh, it has all the collections of question and answers with baba ji:

http://www.gurmatveechar.com/audio.php?q=f&f=%2FKatha%2F02_Present_Day_Katha%2FBaba_Jagjit_Singh_%28Harkhowal_wale%29%2FDiscussions_Questions_and_Answers

Try this link singh, it has all the collections of question and answers with baba ji:

http://www.gurmatveechar.com/audio.php?q=f&f=%2FKatha%2F02_Present_Day_Katha%2FBaba_Jagjit_Singh_%28Harkhowal_wale%29%2FDiscussions_Questions_and_Answers

THANK YOU. The new link works.

Very grateful for your quick reply/

• 5 months later...

New set of vichar with sant jagjit singh ji harkhowale, when they came in toronto this October 2011...

I asked questions one after another as came in my mind...these were not pre-defined questions, asked sant ji as questions came along..!!!

http://www.gurmatveechar.com/audio.php?q=f&f=%2FKatha%2F02_Present_Day_Katha%2FBaba_Jagjit_Singh_%28Harkhowal_wale%29%2FDiscussions_Questions_and_Answers%2F2011

• 2 weeks later...

Where is the previous board posts with questions and answers written out in english translation? These are really good questions and answers you should really archive them or write some articles posted on the website. n30 you should start your own blog with some of your knowledge on that you have answers for many things that most sikh veers don't know about consider making a blog or website.

I don't know about the creating blog idea(lack of skills) but we were thinking of creating website dedicated previous predeccesors of harkhowale - sant jvala singh ji/sant jagjit singh ji harkhowale to host all the gems we have so that we have a centralized location. At this moment, it's all over the place...texts, audio, video...will keep you guys updated.

it's really easy to create blog.. if you have a googlemail account you can create a blogspot blog it is simply a matter of clicking next and updating it just like this forum. http://www.blogger.com there are other ways as well using other blogging websites however www.blogspot.com the blogger is the most famous. You can put all your stuff up for the time then later on put it on a website.

• 2 weeks later...

New set of vichar with sant jagjit singh ji harkhowale, when they came in toronto this October 2011...

I asked questions one after another as came in my mind...these were not pre-defined questions, asked sant ji as questions came along..!!!

http://www.gurmatvee..._Answers%2F2011

Great stuff neo!!

I downloaded them and look forward to hearing these.

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Can someone ask him to the extent of how his connection with God giving him all knowledge is? If this knowledge is present does he then have knowledge of other languages? Does he have knowledge of everything in every book? What type of knowledge does he have and to what limit does he have it. Could he tell us how guru nanak entered mecca when only muslims could enter it? Could he tell us his take on sikh girls being groomed by muslim grooming gangs.

• 4 months later...
  • 9 years later...