Triple Jhatka

dalsingh101

Chatanga wrote:

At no time has Guru ever said that it is not for civilians to eat. Guru Ji has never differentiaitd between SIkhs.

Wrong.

Sau Sakhi 64

[Guru Gobind Singh says] Stand in a line, if you are to bare weapons and wish to up hold the duty of a warrior, then hunt keeping [and keep] the warrior duty in mind and eat meat. If you wish to follow the vegetarian way, or the way of Saints, then meat eating is forbidden. He who contemplates God's name and is of the of Sato Gun character, he should not eat meat, for meat eating promotes Tams Gun. He, who wishes to fight for righteousness and protect the weak in battle, has to spill many people's blood and should be ready to sacrifice himself. He should hunt, eat meat, and should have no fear because he is but doing his warrior duty. But, remember this, eating meat for just pleasure of tongue or vice is a sin.

(˜Sau Sakhi Steekâ, by Partap Singh Mehta, Vol.2, Pa. 136-137)

Edited by amardeep

Chatanga wrote:

Wrong.

Sau Sakhi 64

[Guru Gobind Singh says] Stand in a line, if you are to bare weapons and wish to up hold the duty of a warrior, then hunt keeping [and keep] the warrior duty in mind and eat meat. If you wish to follow the vegetarian way, or the way of Saints, then meat eating is forbidden. He who contemplates God's name and is of the of Sato Gun character, he should not eat meat, for meat eating promotes Tams Gun. He, who wishes to fight for righteousness and protect the weak in battle, has to spill many people's blood and should be ready to sacrifice himself. He should hunt, eat meat, and should have no fear because he is but doing his warrior duty. But, remember this, eating meat for just pleasure of tongue or vice is a sin.

(˜Sau Sakhi Steekâ, by Partap Singh Mehta, Vol.2, Pa. 136-137)

What about this saakhi?

When the time finally came and they met, Guru Angad got up from his seat on his arrival to embrace Amar Das as he was his relative and also much older than the Guru. Amar Das instead fell to the Guru's feet out of respect and humility, forgetting his age and family status. On this day of their meeting, Guru Angad was eating meat and being a Vaishnav Hindu, Amar Das felt uncomfortable. Guru Angad told Amar Das that the meats one should avoid are envy, greed, ego, slander and usurpation of others rights. He told Amar Das that there is life in everything, whatever is eaten while remembering God is like nectar itself. Amar Das thus became a devoted disciple of Guru Angad.

http://www.sikhs.org/guru2.htm

Jhatka has been in practice by others for a long time. It was not started by Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji in the Panth.

Gyani ji is not saying Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji differentiated between Sikhs, but is using 'civilians' as a way to speak of those that want to eat meat, but have no intentions, whatsoever to take Amrit or if taken Amrit then no intentions of hunting or Jhatka. Meat is not the core practice, and is of litle importance to when speaking about warrior spirit and attaining this warrior spirit. As a whole meat is looked down upon by the same people who adovacate Jhatka is to be done, because it lowers spirituality,

'Conclusion

Jhatka is an ancient Kshatri ritual which the Sikhs have practised since the times of Sri Guru Hargobind Sahib Ji and was reinforced by Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji.'

Firstly I never said it was Guru Gobind SIngh who introduced the maryada of jhatka in the Panth. Why would anyone is isnt amritdhari even think about eating or not eating meat, since this maryada applies to amritdharis?

And as for the lowering of spirituality, that is just bullshit. Ive havent eaten meat for 3 years and have not noticed one bit of my spiritulaity getting higher, or getting any lower in the 14 years before that when i did eat meat. that is just bullshit that the likes of radhaswamis peddle to guillible fools.

Wrong.

Sau Sakhi 64

In sau sakhi, there is a sakhi about how a group of choohre come to Guru obind SIngh Ji ,and beg for Sikhi di daat. In the updesh to them, guru ji says take amrit, and dont eat halal, eat jhatka. He doesnt say anything about going hunting.

Edited by chatanga1

guys why is this gettign so haywire? guru maharaj has addressed something to his fauj i mean the actual fauj which was fighting, try understand this..those singhs were just laymen who had just no experience or any warrior spirit. in order to induce the warrior spirit and to get used to the sight of blood hunting is one sport..

i could compare it today's 3d violent games on yor PS4 or computer which does have an impact on a man's attitude

What kills me is the urge some Singhs have to dictate each and every last thing in terms of behaviour to others. It's like no deviance from one's own position is acceptable.

I'm not saying have a free for all, but people can get weird about what others do. There are areas in which things are not explicit and people can find evidence one way or another. Why waste so much energy over these minor things. Do what you feel is right and those who have transgressed will have to settle their account with Waheguru.

I never saw Sant Bhindranwale running around telling nihangs they must stop jhatka etc. etc.

In such circs, say your piece clearly and then leave it. Veges are fully catered for in the panth as no meat is allowed in the langar, so no one is forcing them to eat meat.

Sure, not all people need the high protein, creatine meat type diet to fight, like sant ji. But how rare of a Singh was he. For the rest of the Joes, meat can be a good source of nutrients to help build them up.

Plus we need more fighting types, not more pappu pajamas. We don't even look like a warrior quom these days with the masses of geeky nerds we produce.

Sikh sardari died on the battlefields during the AngloSikh wars. Since then we have mostly only managed to be mercenaries for other's causes. Mostly.

Show me a Sikh who is not subservient to any other man and leads his people in an upward, independent direction and then I will say we are witnessing true Sikh sardaari. Don't show me someone who has been given his authority by outsiders and call him a sardar.

• 3 years later...

Chatanga wrote:

Wrong.

Sau Sakhi 64

(Sau Sakhi Steekâ, by Partap Singh Mehta, Vol.2, Pa. 136-137)

This