Gurmat Sangeet And Punjabi Music?

Silence

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh

I would really appreciate any help as its not for me but for parchar.. basically I seem to remember Prof Surinder Singh Ji talking about something to do with Gurmat Sangeet and perhaps Guru Arjan Dev Sahib Ji Maharaj musically contributing something which basically led to what we know as bhangra/punjabi music? Does anyone know anything about this? any articles, videos, info etc.

Also, please can anyone share any sikhi/gurmat related facts that would be of interest to more non-religous punjabis who are interested in bhangra. eg, relating the dhol to sikhi, can anyone tell me about dasam bani which is linked with percussion,eg. isnt jaagardang naagardang meant to be like tabla bols or have i just made that up?

please help for the SANGAT

thanks

bhull chuk maaf.

Edited by Silence

My Sangeet Guru, Ustad Ranbir Singh, once told of how a very popular panjabi song " mere mehboob aaya hai" was applied to very prevalent reet in classical hindustani raag, which made the song so appealing. Prof, when he came to Wednesfield Gurdwara said that many reets were based on folk raags.