Respecting Sants

Vaheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa Vaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh

I agree that sants and maha purash's need to be given the respect they deserve, however personally, i dont agree with those who put their sants ahead of mahraj. Akaal Purakh is only one (ik oangkaar), and no other human could ever become close to mahraj. I would touch the feet of a sant also but when do we know which are genuine and which aren't?

Bhul Chuk Muaf

Vaheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa Vaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh

eis jag mehi viralae jaaneeahi naanak sach leha(n)n ||34||1||3||

In this world, only a rare few are known, O Nanak, to have obtained the True Lord. ||34||1||3||

gurfateh pyareo

the truth is, we don't really know these days who is a sant and who is a pakhandee...sometimes you can tell -- but many times you can't...there are many, many people out there who claim to be extremely pure, but in reality, they're out to get you, and they're playing sikhi as a game -- trying to get rich off of humble and helpless people...

you need to be careful in a time like this. kaljug is full of falsehood.

i have been told and personally believe that Sikhs of Guru Nanak are only supposed to bow down to Guru Jee -- not to any murtis, pictures, people, or physical representations of God... I think Sikhs are supposed to bow down to Guru Granth Sahib Jee and that's about it...

it's great to be humble and beg for the dhoor of gurmukhs, but we can even do that through doing seva of gurmukhs, helping them out, and doing joria dhee seva (taking care of the shoes and stuff) wherever we see sangat..

Well, its not just sants but we should respect everyone on this earth.

I fully agree with Rk that its not easy to find a true sant in this age. There was a time when sants like baba nand singh ji, Ishar singh ji were on this earth but these days most of the sants have become business-men.

Politics should NOT touch sants deras but these days you can see it over there as well. I think its kalyug and we can't really do anything about it.

Also, it has been mentioned in Gurbani that only bramgyani has the power to know who is right sant and who is not so I guess its out of our control unless or until we try to get to that level...

Guest kaur1699

Fateh Ji,

In the sukhmani sahib it says u should even wash the sants feet and drink the water

Yea, thats a good and valid point, but like it has been mentioned already, in this day and age its not easy to tell who the Mahapursh's/Bhramgyani's are, as there are alot of 'fakes' about... So I would personally say Fateh...

I disagree with everyone here,

Ok when you guys think this time of age came??? well what age?? did that age started just now like 1900??

This age of kalyuga started long time. Effect and colors of kalyuga been there and always be there for a long time. Read vachitar natak of guroo gobind singh ji maharaj where guroo ji repeatidily said there will be cults that will attract others to them and brainwash others to worship them.

However in this world, everythin is balanced. Mind you there are about same number of saints like there were 1900's. The reason you cant find them its because you have a insecurity what if he is fake...First of all if he is claimin to be sant he is not.

Any person who attracts the worshippers to themselves rather than sggs ji and intiate others into khalsa way of life its not a sant.

I can see soo many sants right now that has nothing to do with attachment with the world. They are sittin down in their place workin on the spirtual development (gettin bhramgyan). They will not preach anything without gettin hakum of our guroo's sahiban. Because akaal give you specific tasks to perform in this world and spread the peace.

Have faith in guroo 120 percentage and search for saints to show you the way to get to god because they are already met god. Inorder to meet god you have to find someone who has met the god and merge with god(guroo's). I dont know thats what i beleive.

I have read sakhis in sggs of baba sheik farid, bhagat ravidas and our guroo sahiban..specially bhai lehna ji(guru angad dev ji), guru amardas to guroo teg bahudar sahib ji to back up my claims.

can soo many sants right now that has nothing to do with attachment with the world. They are sittin down in their place workin on the spirtual development (gettin bhramgyan). He will not preach anything without gettin hakum of our guroo's sahiban. Because akaal give you specific tasks to perform in this world and spread the peace.

Neo ji, you make sense when you say the lines I have quoted above and you will agree that sants the ones that has nothing to do with attachment with the world don't want follower as well. If any Sants is looking for followers then he/she are not sants.

i heard in one of sant baba maan singhs diwans

"usi sangat apney pichey nahi launa chaundey... usi sangata nu waheguru deh charna naal jor na chaundey aah"

WAHEGURUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D

U know wot....

I think u just know if u have a tru Sant or a "false" one... u justknow, there is sumthing in da atmosphere that is beyond comprehension, like a fact but at face value - a fiction!!!

Give them MUCH respect because they r diamonds sent down by God to guide other in a way.... to share their knowlege etc.....

I'd give them 100% respect... its almost proof in a way....

it's true that there are many people who do amazing katha and keertan and i've heard lots of people like that myself -- and it's true what kaur said -- sometimes you just KNOW if the person is real or fake...

but either way, i don't think we necessarily NEED to go out looking for Sants, if we have Guru Jee with us.. Sangat, sure, but you can get Saadh Sangat from attending certain programs and stuff.. I think it's fine to respect and show pyaar towards Sants (shouldnt we do that to everyone?) BUT there's a certain level that this goes up to..

for example, when people call certain sants "maharaj jee" and only get parshaad from those sants and start bowing down to them and obeying their every command -- it's a bit strange... some of those people dont even have as much much respect for Guru Granth Sahib Jee... :? i think it's just because these Sants show a "physical representation of God" and often times we need something physical to tell us and show us the way ...

HOWEVER, Guru Gobind Singh Jee said that after him, the Guru Granth Sahib Jee will be the Sikhs' spiritual Guru and the PANJ PYARE will be the Sikhs' PHYSICAL guru ...

so i think if we're lost or confused or need guidance, we should firstly talk to Guru Jee and try to get fulfillment through that, we can even take a hukamnama and see what guru jee wants to say to us... if we're still left confused, then we should try to get in touch with the Panj.. talking to Sants is cool, you can learn lots from them, but I'm just saying that these days it's really hard to see which ones are in it for Sikhi or Fame/Money...

Guest kaur1699

Fateh Ji,

Hanji, well said rk Ji...

HOWEVER, Guru Gobind Singh Jee said that after him, the Guru Granth Sahib Jee will be the Sikhs' spiritual Guru and the PANJ PYARE will be the Sikhs' PHYSICAL guru ...

veerjee,

gurfateh !!

i measure respect in, well -- being sweet to people, understanding them, taking care of their needs and problems, doing seva for them, trying not to talk back to them unless they say something which goes against sikhi or your personal maryada/set of beliefs, spreading good vibes by smiling and being in chardee kalaa, listening attentively to what they say, showing you care about what they're saying to u, etc..

if you give me a specific situation maybe i could elaborate more

and either way, there are so many other ways to show respect rather than outright bowing to someone.. you said yourself that people who call themselves sants aren't sants right? well someone who actually lets you bow to them or encourages you to do so -- is that really acceptable?

fateh

I think whatever u call Them will be outta love correct, whether it be Mahraja or Bhai Sahib........... ferrke hoya????

Sants can open the door to God.... but u have to walk thru the door init (Matrix stylEE)

Yeah, Respect the Door Opener.... course... totally, but rember ur focus!!

sants, mahapurhes, bramgianis, deserve the upmost of respect, you cannot deny them that - because they are on a much higher level of enlightenment

however, the reason for their status is because of the true sant, shri guru granth sahib ji maharaj... REAL sants preach gurbani how it should be.. they dont wanna make poeple follow them, they want to join the sangat to the charna of waheguru and lead us to be proper gursikhs, to make people take amrit.. sants dont want u to bow down to them or follow them, they want people to bow down and follow shri guru granth sahib ji maharaj

if someone wishes to bow down to a sant that is probably their way of showing their respect for them, but u must always remember that shri guru granth sahib ji is above all...neo pointed out in his quotattion

kar saadhhoo a(n)julee pun vaddaa hae ||

Greet the Holy Saint with your palms pressed together; this is an act of great merit.

there are false sants who make people follow them - give them maya and lead them astray from the true guru.... these are the people who we mustnt respect - we mustnt bow down to them .... there is a HUGE difference between pakhandis and true sants like sant baba isher singh - and that alone deserves our upmost respect..

well tahts my view on it

fateh ji

Guest kaur1699

Fateh Ji,

There is no doubt that Sant's/Mahapursh's/Bhramgyani's all deserve a high level of maan, satkaar and respect, but theres also no denying that there are false people out there and one has to be careful and cannot simply have blind faith...

i dont thinkany1 does have "blind-faith"... without some kind of alterier thing behind it, like i simple desire to say they have a sant.. or just somthing else... but whether it be real or fake, we dont know, so really we shud just respect EVERYONE, even the fake ones.... speak out respectivley but i dont think we should critisize....

My cousin and I ..argue a lot on this...but here it goes once again:

Well, how do you identify a true sant ..from a fake sant.

There is this gurudwara..called "Bhekowal" , rather close to the Hoshiarpur area. Anyways, they've got their on sant. And many people do show their utmost respect. But, one thing I haven't understood. In the recent years, I guess someone tried to "assassinate" him, so he is got body guards now. But if you a sant, or messenger of god kinda thing, why fear death??

Second thing, at that gurudwara "Bhekowal", ( Its indeed huge thesedays, of course all the money foreigners spend on it). Like every Sunday, there is langar kind of a thing. And during the langar ..the baba ji makes speeches and so forth. Well, luckily, I had chance to go there my self. And one of the 'dumbest' (Sorry , If I offend anyone).....questions he asked was..Those people who would like to go abroad, please stand up??...And now tell me.What does that sant have to do with sending people abroad ...doesn't that depend on the immigration?? ..And people are so brain washed these days, those with their luck that do get the visas, donate money in like tons !!....And out of the stupidity, then he proceeds to go on to ask another question .." Those who wish for a boy, please stand up"....Oh my gosh! Thats sooo like not what guru ji's message is. And trust me the sangat goes in thousands there.

Anyways, what do you guys think? ..And how do we know if its a real sant or a fake sant?? :roll: :roll:

Hope I haven't offended anyone. !