Guru = God

W..

I have found that some sikhs consider Gurus to be God. Is this the minority or mainstream sikh?

I looked on boards but could not find, if this has been discussed please post link to avoid redundancy.

Yes I believe in that. I can say that Nanaksar and Damdami Taksal believes that as well.

Baba Nand Singh jis bachans, and other sakhis of various mahapurakhs say the same thing. I tend to listen to Giani Thakur Singh Jis katha, he also stresses the same thing. He narrates incidents where people who had prakash , saw prakash first then had darshan of Nirankar Guru Nanak.

Mahapurakhs give examples from Gurbani proving the same thing. One pankti that comes to mind is " aap narayan kala dhar jag meh parwaryo nirankar akar jot jag mandal karyo".

I think many people may still be ignorant about who Gurus truly are. Thats my thoughts.

Pray Truth for all and say Satsriakaal!

Dear all!

Quote "I have found that some sikhs consider Gurus to be God. Is this the minority or mainstream sikh?"

The reverend Gurus never claimed that they are God. This is the preacher in illusion who wants to convince others too.

True Sikhs come to know Godly Truth.

Quote from Ragmaala Jee "Yes I believe in that. I can say that Nanaksar and Damdami Taksal believes that as well."

Gurus come to know Godly Truth. Many others believe in it.

Quote "Mahapurakhs give examples from Gurbani proving the same thing. One pankti that comes to mind is ' aap narayan kala dhar jag meh parwaryo nirankar akar jot jag mandal karyo'."

This pankti is not saying that only Gurus of Sikhs got Narayan Jot.

Quote "I think many people may still be ignorant about who Gurus truly are."

This seems to be true.

The whole Jag Mandal is Nirankaar Jot.

Balbir Singh

It was discussed here earlier:

http://www.sikhawareness.com//index.php?showtopic=8645

In short, there is a difference between an incarnation of God and a manifestation. We as sikhs belive in God manifesting himself, not incarnating as in the Christian belief which is considered blasphmey