www.shastarvidiya.org

Baba find out about the art of shaster vidya, and compare it to main stram gatka, take away the chatka the sukha, take away even the nihangs, jus look at the art, and compare both.

From wot i seen, this 'mainstream gatka' as u put it is a art in its own way, very big, very colouful, veryartistic. From wot i hav seen of shastervidiya the 'art' its very rough, very dirty (i mean not colouful and woah displays), very quick, and can b over within in a second.

Basically 1 hit kills, and the aim is to kill, not to hurt not to injure not to display but to kill.

i dnt do it myself, but this topic has been debated so i decided to do sum research myself, this is wot i saw of the 'art'

urm not 'defending' these 'nihangs' but i think the reason they still practice the art off chopin the head of a goat cus like nethin, if u dnt practice u will forget. can a nihang pls verify this?? :? or ppl out there go out and do ur own research! :P

xcept if ur a elephant :P cause they never forget nethin lol

I think that from what i have seen of ghatkha displays and what i have seen of the stuff on there site they rightly look down on ghathka as opposed to shatervidya.

Its the same as a trained sniper looking down at a dude in a circus shooting at baloons that are tied to some scantily clad birds writss or summat equally inane.

Shastarvidya (I know ii always spell it wrong) is a lethal art - its about f*cking up th other guy in the shortestt possible time so u go onto the next one - it dont always look as beutifull and awe inspring as sword twirling - but if i was in a battle I know whod id prefer to have on my side - the dude who knows how to kill the enemy in a few well executed manouvers rather than the dude who looks pretty twirling his ornate blunt sword.

but i share ur concerns as to how they are fighting and the validity of the techniques today.

Back in the day soldiers were taught how to use rapiers and broadswords etc - because it was teh main hand to hand weapon of the time.

Nowadays u have a short course with a bayonet and the rest of the training with fire arms becasue that is what is used today.

Yes i know a dude screaming akal akal sat sri akal with a sword in each hand cutting a swathe through the unrighteous is a better image than the same dude pulling out a glock and putting some bullets in the x ring.

but if they truly are soldiers shouldnt they move with the times ???

Like i say i have more questions than i have knowledge on this stuff so id love to hear the opinions of a nihang who knows his/her stuff - but at the mo all i got is doubts in my head and respect in my heart.

hmmm... yeh true - well like ive said b4 - i dont know much about nihangs and that - thats why im askin these questions

end of the day - im here to learn :wink: i think that if poeple would clear up allot of questions then it would be better for the whole communitee... rather then havin people in the dark about nihangs way of life.

fateh

Sri Akaal Ji Sahai

To clarify, if anyone wishes to think the Akali Nihang Singh Khalsa needs to convince ANYONE of the authenticity of their martial heritage and traditions then they are greatly mistaken. These traditions will continue to exist regardless of what people may think. They have been blessed by the Gurus directly and sanctioned too.

The website provides INFORMATION, and does NOT seek to convert anyone into meat-eating Nihang Singhs. We provide knowledge, and leave people to make up their own minds. If they wish to remain in ignorance, so be it. If they want to be spoonfed information like children, they will be disappointed. If people do not agree with issues such as Cannabis or Meat as being part of Akali Nihang Singh Khalsa tradition, then argue with historical and scriptural fact....or keep your opinions to yourself as they carry no weight in a wolrd that expounds Dharam.

We have provided evidence from scriptures, historical texts and from practitioners of Shastar Vidiya to back up all claims, we suggest any people who disagree with the website to extend the same courtesy and provide evidence to back up their claims too.

If people wish to be "enlightened" then get off your butts and start making an effort rather than expecting everything to land in their laps or hero-worshipping people.

On a final note, please note, personal opinions (no matter how intelligent they may appear to be) such as ones expressed by certain individuals on this thread DONT COUNT FOR SHIT when they have NO evidence (historical, scriptural or scientific) to back themselves up, so only a FOOL will accept them as having any credibility.

New sections coming soon that cover:

a) Women warriors in Punjab

B) Keski and women

c) Mahaprasaad - meat and Sikhi

d) Cannabis

If anyone has any issues with this, either turn up to the Shastar Vidiya Akharas and present your case face to face, or email info@shastarvidiya.org

Guest inderjit

no actually their not called berserkers. in sikhi their called gursikhs. u know sikhi the thing we meant to be tryin to practice?

go read some gurbani, go and see what it says about feling physical pain, go and read about what is the only thing that will ease both physical and mental pain. believe me it dnt tell u that its by taking drugs!

and i dont need to read fairy tales. i read sikh ithaas, i read about people like baba deep singh ji. if he was takin drugs, how much do u think he would have needed to fight withouit his head??

its crap, the only thing that singhs needed is 100% faith and their gurbani and simran. unless you wanna tell me the guru's were chatting crap?!

maybe you with ur knowledge of warfare knew more than the guru's when it came to the battlefield?

people are full of crap, most of the people who talk about it wont actually take it. and if they do its like hehehe aint we naughty! and dnt tell me it aint this way, cus i seen it with my own eyes!

as for tradition, that ship sailed long time ago!

also explain singhs fighting today then? do u reckon they stop for a quick fix before they went out to battle??

nope they did ardaas, put their lives in the hands of guru ji and went out. and before u say it.. no they were not out there to be blown up. with ur knowledge you will know that in any gorilla force the most valuable thing is the life of the fighter and his ammunition. the life ofone fighter is equal to 100 of the enemy. u tellin me bullets dont hurt? shrapnel doesnt hurt?

but then again the druggies wernt actually there in any recent spate of warfare were they.. prob too bust getting their drug cocktails ready.

final words. GO READ SOME GURBANI, and talk to me about sikhi not fuedal or medeival history.

i agree with the above singh (however harsh it was)

i see alot of talk by nihangs (whom i respected prior to reading posts on here) and im insulted and saddened by their lack of compassion. i hurd someone state something along the lines of 'if u wish to remain ignorant so be it'. isnt this superiority/ideal of thinking u are much higher/more learned than another an anti sikhi way of thinking? such comments remind me of the brahmins guru ji mocked. truth isnt exclusive to nihangs. iam what u would call 'mainstream' sikh-but to be honest,this is the most logical (taking into account bani) which corresponds with gurus teachings.

i respect tradition being kept,however there are modern drugs such as paracetomol- or aspirin- or even morphine,which have the same affect as cannibis (preparation time is alot less however) why dont nihangs replace bhang with this?? it seems like they enjoy the buzz or something. corresponding to what singh said,it seems like they only do these things to 'act' hard/tough. i notice alot of people do this,generally in society,to appear tough/strong similar to people who smoke to look kool etc. i say this,because numerous people have told me,that nihangs in india have so much pride/ego. they walk with such attitude/look down on others/gloat and take pride in the fact that they eat meat/take bhang. no offence,but this isnt what hard means to me. hard is when u take on sawa lakh with only the intoxication of naam. i see u guys dont appreciate the fact that we dont read more into sarb loh or dasam granth ji,however are u guys forgetting the 1400 odd pages of bani?? doesnt guru ji teach us love? compassion?

we all have truths..we all follow gurus rehit to how we feel suited..please dont look down on other people..something which relates to u doesnt necessarily apply to someone else.

p.s u use bhang living in the uk?? im curious?? because i can understand people using it in the context of jungle warfare (because i wouldnt be able to handle pain either) but in the uk?? please..that cant be right!!

would it be ok for them to roll up da bhang in a splif n smoke it?? :? if they are allowed to have drugs - why not have some cocaine - heroine... or if ur feelin a bit wild some LSD

someone also hasnt answered my previous qn..... are they 'allowed' to eat a mc chicken sandiwich???.... or even a maccies mulan burger - that was mutton - nihangs eat goats right?

could the nihang paajis on this forum please provide me with quotes from bani which glorify or accept the use of a)bhang b)promote the killing of animals for meat c)give goats a higher level than gods other creatures

thank U! and keep the peace please

well theres the website that magar much singh posted and another one www.sarbloh.info.

If you don't have the time to research right now, then leave it for a bit, but its important to read everything then make up your own mind. Take what people say with a pinch of salt. We all have our own path. I for one am against the attempts pf mainstream 'modern' Sikhs that try to make every Sikh identical in everything they do, but Sikhi is much more diverse than that and its up to us to have an open mind see what our connection with Guru Ji is and what type of lifestyle we fit.

Both these websites that have been approved by the UK Jathedar of the BUdda Dal do mention lots of scriptures and lots of quotes.

see thats what is meant by living in a box.

At the mere mention of Sant Jarnail Singh bhindranwale having some degh Inderjit became outraged, without a step back and rational thought, you said that gitchimaroar chatted crap, and you would even go to Baba Takhur Singh with names. Like he wouldn't laugh at you with your silly little worries when death could be upon you at any minute. Maybe we need to remember that and do more simran because this world is false like a dream Guru Nanak Dev Ji says. My my what would happen if it was confirmed that Sant Jarnail Singh did actually have some. Would you stop 'believing' in him? Would you try to make up some excuses, i.e he was forced to drink it that would make it more acceptable to you?

I might understand if someone was slandering our benevolent and loving Gurus but no person is perfect. No one should follow people as if they were God, and yes if you just respect him, I'm not disputing that, but people are allowed to be individuals in their sikhi. No one should be held up to be perfect examples in Sikhi because that is only the Guru Maharaaj himself.

as much as people annoy me,i try hard not to get angry.

especially with my sikh brothers and sisters.

so lets please not attack one another,just because we beleive different things. also,theres no use in asking eachother that we have respect,and be open minded,when -at the same time- we mock the other persons beleive (however indirect or harsh)

lets just remember we are all gods children; we are all sikhs; we all wish to seek truth. this doesnt necessarily mean it will be in the same shape or form. lets have respect and tolerance. this isnt a fascist islamic website-there is no kaffur and beleiver- lets not fall into this trap.

p.s thanx for the links-i shall look them up!

I always wonder if nihangs can go up to akal takth and challenge em about eating meat and drinkin cannabis and also challenge em about the site??????????

is that could be upcomin plan for ustad niddar singh nihang ji???

we defo want nihangs in the mainstream as well united..its sad how panth ignored em even though they are real ladla's of akali nihang guru gobind singh ji maharaj.....

reply to nihal kaur.. i havent read the whole thread i just caught summit about sant jarnail singh sed to have taken some " degh" i dont know if u mean shaheedi degh..if so den read on..although i got nuttin against nihungs dey part of the panth 4 me, i find it hard to believe sant ji took shaheedi degh when ive gone through some of his speeches which r listed below..

1)

"The manager of the Punjab & Sind Bank in Qadian is, I learn, a Sikh. In the letter to him is written: "You should come to such and such place on August 11, 1983 with 300,000 rupees and you will be safe. Otherwise, I have Bhindranwala's permission to put you on the train (of death) on such and such date. You have the Sikh appearance; you should stoutly support us; bring a liberal amount." This is what is written in this letter. We have to guard ourselves against such people. To give a bad name, to place obstructions in the conduct of this ongoing agitation, the Government is going to use every possible trick. We ought to be fully alert to these. This Taksaal has never believed in robberies, thefts, using intoxicants, nor does it believe now nor it ever will.

2)

'I have declared that if there is someone who drinks while wearing a kirpaan, and you catch him drunk, the punishment I have announced is that you should get him examined by a doctor (to make sure he has been drinking) and then pour kerosene over him and burn him alive. I shall fight your court case. This is regardless of the party affiliation of the person in such a garb doing such a thing. My appeal to all is that no one should drink but this does not apply to the others, it is only for those with the kirpaan. ... If any raagi, sant, mahatma, granthi even if he is from Bhindranwale (group), who wears a kirpaan and drinks, wherever you find him, blacken his face, put a garland of old shoes around his neck, put him on a donkey and parade him throughout the village or the district.'

3)

'The noose will be put around the necks of the jathedars, the sants, the leaders, and people in responsible positions; around the necks of such of them as use intoxicants.'

i hope i havent offended anybody..god bless ya all..

Dears members,

We are locking this topic as it seems like we are running two topics with the same theme. We have already this discusion going on in debate section. So, if you want to take part in it then please head towards the below link.

http://www.sikhawareness.com/sikhawareness...topic.php?t=308

Please keep all of your posts regarding this website into that thread so it doesn't confuse new members.

-Admin