PATIENCE v/s AHAMKAAR, KAAM, KRODH, MAYA & MOH ...

CAN WE PRACTICE PATIENCE IN OUR LIVES?  

1 member has voted

1. 1.

• WHY NOT? I WILL SURELY TRY !!
    • NOT POSSIBLE !!
    • EASIER SAID THAN DONE...
    • NO !!

PATIENCE... SEHAJTA... DO WE EVER STRIVE FOR IT?

Controlling our AHAMKAAR, KAAM, KRODH, MAYA & MOH ... perhaps are the five most difficult things to do in a life. The solution to controlling these lies with ourselves only. Self-control comes from Self-realization And Self-realization comes from Self-introspection And Self-introspection comes from Patience And Patience comes from practice when we say that we are fighting these continuously means that we are already aware of these problems and are on our way.

But, this should not be for mere saying or for impressing upon others. Patience comes from our deep inner-self and needs Practice... Practice... Practice... And others would automatically judge the difference in you... Actually, the thing is that as soon as we are confronted with a situation, we just forget to practice Patience and are easily/conveniently overtaken by any of the above mentioned Vikaars. eg. as soon as somebody offends us, our ego comes forward, we conveniently forget about practicing Patience.

Let me initialize the discussion by concentrating on AHAMKAAR as our first issue...

Have we ever analyzed that for how much period do we actaully remember a incidence that gave us the feeling of hurt or insult, whatever may be the magnitude of the dispute...? well... not more that two to three days at the most... After that whatever we recollect is just a hazy picture of what had actually happened... But the hurt/insult of whatever derogatory s/he said to us always remains in our mind... The same applies to the other person as well. And those derogatory remarks play in our minds for a lifetime, in some cases. We hardly remember the cause for which we had argued and tend to remember only the hurt/insult, and hurt or insult is caused by our false AHAMKAAR only. And this is the reason we are unhappy for most of our lives... How dare s/he had passed these remarks on me...? (we can’t even recollect the remarks). But we forget that whatever s/he said was restricted her/his level of thinking... We feel hurt/insult only because we take whatever is said to us and that is where all the problems arise... And what if we do not take the insult at all, s/he can do nothing about it...

Patience is a rare state of mind Where we are neither too much happy on the happening of favorable event nor too much depressed on the happening of a unfavourable event. The state of mind in which we are constantly in Anand all the time. But my friends this needs practicing Restrain... Patience... Sahijtaa... Very difficult!! Very difficult!! Some would simply argue... But Is it really that difficult... Have we ever tried it? Never Ever !!

So, One derogatory remark from s/he would induce another derogatory remark from us and so, this vicious circle would continue to a point where there would be no looking back... And in 100% of the cases we earn nothing from AHAMKAAR based arguments rather might loose the blessings of our elders or a true friend for a lifetime.

And by dragging his/her thinking (derogatory words) in our mind again and again, we are not only corrupting our minds but also not allowing good thoughts to come to mind... But now if we could just practice patience and just listen to what the other person has to say and not simply blast him/her out of his/her AHAMKAAR. We would solve a lot of problems about AHAMKAAR. We need to practice Patience with our minds... So, whenever we feel bothered with such feelings of hurt/insult, just go to quieter places and try to empty our mind from such thoughts by giving our mind a feed of positive thoughts or even think about the positive sides of that individual which had hurt us at first place. And maybe we would reconcile with him/her. But, again this comes from Patience.

When ever there is a situation when we feel that one of the five vikaars are overtaking out thinking... Just take cool breath and hold back ourselves... We will certainly cool down... You would say that the other person would claim that he has proved his point because we have stopped responding to the argument but we should remember that nobody has ever won in an argument and this would be his false ego only. Let him/her feel happy. Remember: We can’t be right each time and the other can not be wrong each time. So, if we can gain something from others, we should feel grateful.

We can give Sahijta... Patience... atleast a try. Patience breeds Spiritualism (Bhakti). Patience breeds peace of mind... (Anand) Give it a try...

BHUL CHUK MAAF

AMAN P SINGH

dats all well an good , but uno its abit easier said then dun, in a world where Kaam is constantley in ur face(by the way i got no problem wiv dat cos i dont giv into it an never will. :wink: )

an how is i supposed to control my krohd when i see stuff that get to me everyday (stuff i aint gettin into cos people on the site will think im full of "hatred" or anger or wotever) :roll:

VKVF

u know what shere k Ji - doesnt matter what ppl think... just ask urself wud it matter to God!!?!?!?

Bas now- im not lecturing u... lolz

You know evri1 has weak points and no1 shud say anything about it to ppl they dont really know!

VKVF

Easier said than done.... well this is the answer of every person and it was expected. Because we tend to shrugg off such issues which have a real impact on ourselves... our lives...

If we read the whole text more deligently you would find the clue in there as to how to control Krodh i.e. exjaggerated form of EGOtism.

Rather why not try to define it yourself only then you would be able to understand what is Krodh?