Not allowed to take amrit???

:roll: :( u know thats really sad that is , cos its the parents who should be showin the kids the way(sayin yeah take amrit and be part of the khalsa panth)and not the kids askin their parents if they can take amrit :roll:

and the parents sayin u cant take the amrit :shock: well thats jus wrong

(or u could allways bring the parents to me :wink: cos ill giv em a good thappur :LOL: only jokin :LOL: )

Guest Javanmard

Sometimes parents can be your worst ennemies when it comes to Sikhi. In Guru Gobind SIngh's rahitname there is explicit mention of amrit for women. But it's not khande di pahulbut kirpan da amrit. You can still get that one at Hazur Sahib which still has theoldest maryada of all.

Maharaj comes first then your parents!!!!

Guest Punjabi Nationalist

(For a girl) What if one of your parents do not allow you to take Amrit? Or get angry at the idea.... how is that person supposed to act?

Perhaps you should wait awhile until you are old enough for your parents not to be able to stop you from taking Amrit.

There is no need to rush into anything, be patient, you will take Amrit eventually if that is what you want.

Guest Javanmard

Dear Punjabi nationalist.

I am sorry but parents have no say in terms of amrit. If a girl is old enough and intelligent enough to take her own decision then she should take it. I think that after 17 or 18 a young person (boy or girl) can make choices in life.

Guest Punjabi Nationalist

Dear Punjabi nationalist.

I am sorry but parents have no say in terms of amrit. If a girl is old enough and intelligent enough to take her own decision then she should take it. I think that after 17 or 18 a young person (boy or girl) can make choices in life.

Friend, that was basically what i was pointing out.

I have assumed that 'K4ur' is in her early teens, if im mistaken and she is older, than please accept my apologies.

lalleshvari is right, once you're 18, you should be quite capable of making your own decisions in life, and are considered as an adult by law.

Guest Javanmard

Yes, you're right. The problem is that in many Sikh families parents don't want girls to take amrit because they think the chances of her getting a husband afterwards could be ruined. How horrible. Then again it also has to do with the way how certain amritdhari girls have behaved i.e. adopting AKJ type of bana, behaving like boys etc...

A lot girls are not even aware that there is a special amrit for women called kirpan da amrit mentioned in the Rahitname.

vjkk vjkf

hi I wondering if you could explain to me why there is this separate amrit for woman? if there is equality and ppl from different castes take amrit from the same bata then why is there a separate amrit for women? :? Sorry i'm still learning about sikhi and might have got everything wrong in which case I’m very sorry :oops: .

Guest Javanmard

you're welcome! I just did it because some people get the wrong impression that being an amritdhari girls means to wear a dastar etc... which is wrong because the rahitname clearly say that dastar is for men and chunni for women. Yet in times of war girls can wear turban but then again it was a different type of turban. LIke this one : check

http://www.exoticindiaart.com/product/MB73/

it's a hunting turban for girls

Yet in times of war girls can wear turban but then again it was a different type of turban. LIke this one : check

http://www.exoticindiaart.com/product/MB73/

it's a hunting turban for girls

lol, I just saw that pic, Hunting turban???

Those big earrings of her are gonna get caught up in the bushes. Women should wear a turban. Rehat should be the same for both men and women. Beebiyans in kesky look cool 8) .