Not allowed to take amrit???

"women should not have their hair loose but tie it in a topknot on top of their head" - bhai daya singh, i think the 1st of the panj pyare.

of course women should look like khalsas. usually when i see a sikh girl (amritdhari) i cant even tell if she is sikh - sometimes she looks like a paki with a hajib thingy, other times a hindu. its always easy to see a keski wearing lady. if u tie it neatly they look kinda gangstah.

Guest Javanmard

Rahitnama says: Dastar for men, dupata for women. Knot on the head does not necesseraly imply dastar for women. Dastar for women was meant for hunting and war. :shock:

so why would it say in sau sakhi to keep a small (keski) and large dastaar on always? and why would other rahitnamas also say such things without mentioning anything about gender?

have u got any rahitnamas to back it up because i am interested.

Mod Note: lalleshvari, can you please provide refrence to back up your claims. Khalsa Soujla and rest of the sangat is waitin.

Guest Javanmard

what do you mean by anti-gurmat? If that means to study the languages of Sikhi and look at the sources in their original language instead of reading the idiot's guide to sikhi then yes I am! :D but if it means that I am not devoted to Maharaj then:no I am not anti-gurmat! :evil:

Gurfateh

what do you mean by anti-gurmat? If that means to study the languages of Sikhi and look at the sources in their original language instead of reading the idiot's guide to sikhi then yes I am! :D but if it means that I am not devoted to Maharaj then:no I am not anti-gurmat! :evil:

As you have informed us that you do not use an 'idiot's guide to Sikhi', which I didn't know existed, please quote relevant sources to back up your claim. This has been requested for the second time.

Gurfateh

Gurpreet

Guest Javanmard

Please Gurpreet Kaur, don't try a Narsingha on me! It won't work! Sorry to dissapoint you. What I mean by Idiot's guide to Sikhi is all this literature written by pseudo scholars about sikhi like dentists writing books about sikhi claiming to be scholars without having the required knowledge :D

Gurfateh

Please Gurpreet Kaur, don't try a Narsingha on me! It won't work! Sorry to dissapoint you. What I mean by Idiot's guide to Sikhi is all this literature written by pseudo scholars about sikhi like dentists writing books about sikhi claiming to be scholars without having the required knowledge :D

Firstly, I didn't request an explanation about the existence or meaning of the so called 'idiot's guide to Sikhi'. Secondly, I do not consider myself worthy of criticising scholars belonging to any profession. If you do, then that is up to you.

Please Gurpreet Kaur, don't try a Narsingha on me! It won't work! Sorry to dissapoint you.

You have not disappointed me because I wasn't trying to belittle you. I wouldn't know what 'trying a Narsingha is', and I hope it stays that way.

I reiterate my first point, provide sources to back up your claims, as the other members have, otherwise I don't see how this discussion can proceed.

Gurfateh

Gurpreet

Guest Javanmard

which claims are you talking about for god's sake.

A scholar is a scholar not a dentist. You can be a scholarly dentist but not a scholar and a dentist at the same time. sorry but it takes years and years to be a scholar of Sikhi. :D

Mod's Note: This claims you made thats what she is talkin about??

Rahitnama says: Dastar for men, dupata for women. Knot on the head does not necesseraly imply dastar for women. Dastar for women was meant for hunting and war.

Look up in Piara Singh Padam's book on Rahitname. Its title is just rahitanme. It's a publication of the full text of th epuratan rahitname!Enjoy! :D

love :D

Great!! Thanks for resolving that issue. Why not post up the refrence with the claim?? is that soo hard?? just an request for the furture....

odha hiii moderator dii jaaan kaahi jaaanii aa tusi...agaie blood pressure vaadiii janda :LOL::LOL::LOL:

welll i duno what u guys are talking about now, but my fate is gona be revealed to me 2nite whether i take Amrit this weekend or not.... :?

Anyways thnx 4 the help yeah... got quite a few opinions across.

Guest BikramjitSingh

Lalleswari

Fortunately I have a copy of the book

Any page number or name of the Rehatnama author will do and I can post whether it states what you claim it does.

GurFateh

Bikramjit

Gurfateh

odha hiii moderator dii jaaan kaahi jaaanii aa tusi...agaie blood pressure vaadiii janda

:LOL: Classic Neo Bhaji. Aho blood tah vadan hee nahin dende, pressure kithon aaoo?

BTW, now that Bikramjit Ji has the book, Lalleshwari can you point out where it says 'Dastar for men and Dupatta for women?' or the author so Bikramjit Ji can type it out for us?. I would really like to know, because this is confusing now :?

Gurfateh

Gurpreet

welll i duno what u guys are talking about now, but my fate is gona be revealed to me 2nite whether i take Amrit this weekend or not.... :?

Anyways thnx 4 the help yeah... got quite a few opinions across.

aww well good luck :D