Akaal Takht Sahib And Jathedar?

Where is the first mention of Akal Takht having a Jathedar? Or Akaali Baba Phoola Singh being a Jathedar of Akaal Takht Sahib.

Dilgeer in some article claimed that Bhai Mani Singh was not a Jathedaar. He quotes Bhangu, who called Mani Singh 'pujarion se vadaa pujari' (chief amongst priests)

If there is no early reference, will it be safe to assume that Jathedari in Akaal Takth is a new phenomen and we only had 'mukh sevadaars' earlier?

Edited by SikhKhoj

There is nothing in history to suggest that Guru Gobind Singh was ever at the Harmander Sahib as far as i've read. I think the idea of a fixed jathedar of the panth (that is, only staying one place) only makes sense when one has a stable raj of themselves, whereas when one is in constant struggle and always on the move it is more likely that one has a mobile jathedar at the front.

however much seems to indicate that this institution was established by the panth so it is parvaan in the sense..

Edited by amardeep

Where is the first mention of Akal Takht having a Jathedar? Or Akaali Baba Phoola Singh being a Jathedar of Akaal Takht Sahib.

Dilgeer in some article claimed that Bhai Mani Singh was not a Jathedaar. He quotes Bhangu, who called Mani Singh 'pujarion se vadaa pujari' (chief amongst priests)

If there is no early reference, will it be safe to assume that Jathedari in Akaal Takth is a new phenomen and we only had 'mukh sevadaars' earlier?

Dilgeer has turned into a heretic Kala Afghanist and now revises history to suit the Kala Afghanist agenda. He even puts doubts on the Panja Sahib Sakhi of Guru Nanak Dev Jee as being false.

Valid points amardeep. But still, if Gurus didn't install pope type of Jathedaars why not switch back to main sewadaar, something more humble.

Mithar, I know that Dilgeer is a old fool, but researching someones point of view is not that bad. He may be wrong about many things, but not everything he says must be wrong?

Wasn't McLeod one of the first to doubt Panja Sahib sakhi? Dilgeer was the one who wrote McLeod in the list of anti Sikh writers and now has the same views as him.

I have read two versions, some say the stone was sculptured with Guru Nanak Sahibs handprint to keep it as a memory and once I read that the stone was there since many years (even before Guru Nanak).

I think McLeod supported the first sakhi.

Basically they are denying that Guru Nanak Sahib stopped a rock with their hands.