Interesting Websites On Early Panjabi Manuscripts In The Uk

amardeep

Amardeep jeeo

That book sounds interesting. Goindwal pothis are invaluable documents. When I visited sri Goindwal sahib last year, I saw the actual place where Guru Arjan Dev ji acquired these pothis from baba Mohan ji, son of Guru Amar Das ji. I think a family owns these granths but only allows darshan on certain days. I understand if family doesn't want to part with pothis but they should be allow them to be digitised. Imagine studying pothis Guru Arjan Dev ji used for compilation of Aad Bir!

I don't think any other religion can claim that they have original copies of their granth's ie kartarpuri bir and damdami bir (it's out there somewhere!) Bible of christians was compiled by vatican. Quran was compiled after Mohammed sahib's passing. Not sure if jews have original Torah in their posession.

Anyway, uniqueness of Guru Granth Sahib ji is that saroop we have today was compiled by Guru Arjan Dev ji maharaj(raag,order of baani, mangals etc) and then Guru Tegh Bahadur ji's baani was added by Guru Gobind Singh ji maharaj.

Edited by osingh1

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...