My Experiences With The Sikh Unit Lads And Girls By Preeti Kaur

Xylitol

Great writeup about growing up amidst the ethnic and religious tensions in London.

EXCLUSIVE: My experiences with the Sikh unit lads and girls by preeti kaur

Hi peeps i am a 29 year old woman who was raised in east London, i went to school wid killa and was in his class in primary but then we split up into different classes when we went secondary school. I knew killa b4 he got into gangs, drugs and the Sikh unit ting. I just want to write up things cos i seen the journey from the start and how Sikh unit was built from nothing in the hoods of east London to something that is spreading worldwide. I’m still in shock how big it has become, never would have thought that. I help out with the singhrow fb and am surprised at how many youth actually have said they have started reading gurbani and getting into religion after listen to Sikh unit tunes. My write up can never paint the whole picture as there are a lot of things that can’t be discussed for obvious reasons. But i want the fans of Sikh unit to have a glance into how all this shit began and how from drug dealers the lads went to serve and protect and unite local Sikhs, it was an amazing journey, one which I am proud to be a part of.

Killa primary school dayz

Killa was a cute guy, not that loud, but was famous and a lot of girls fancied him at primary me being one of them lolol! He was a lad’s lad, played football and had bare playfights (typical boy shit copying wwf), he used to hang around wid a few mixed race girls and one Hindu boy – him and dee were the best fighters in the school, killa had bare fights even in primary. He knocked out crazy titch (famous rapper) and his cousin by himself cos they tried to steal money from killa (which he nicked from the teachers desk anyway lol - poverty from day one lol). Killa was a little thief from day man lol always in trouble and shit with teachers. Time went past fast man, before u knw it we were in secondary.

Killa in secondary school

Killa changed, he matured in year 7 he was well into his studies, like he become quiet and never got into fights and dat, I used to c him about , and he was reserved in secondary school , not the same killa i knew (something wasn’t right) he lost his childlike innocence, I heard from a friend he went India in the 6 weeks , etc, I used to just say hi, and he used to say hi back cos we used to be in same class in primary. He used to hang around wid some paki boys but they weren’t the ruff type, but they were typical religious pakis. Time flew past, I started checking pakis and dat in year 9 - as i had lost all hope with killa and he was not the same guy I remember from primary, he became quiet and reserved and at that age u want abit of a known guy. In year 10 , I was in killas maths class and killa used to sit on his own in the back table (we was in higher set lolol) i aint gonna lie i was abit of a slag, like i had got fingered and started drinking wid the paks etc, most apnis in school were checking pakis tbh most had lost their virginity by year 9 so i thought getting fingered was a minor compared to my Punjabi friends. Anyway i talked too much and the teacher sat me next to killa, to break me up from my friend (just used to chat about guys like most girls at that age) ,I spoke to killa first , i was like u changed man, he was like “i got to make p;s and get my sis and mum out the hood man i need to study” – i was like yeah real talk, he goes u changed too , u gone more rowdy and dat, lol anyway he was clever at work i used to copy him , his writing was boom too lol,

Once I asked him who he fancied, he goes he tight wid sum girl called carly , but he aint gonna take it no where cos he just wants to study, I told him im checking a paki, he was like good luck hope things work out man, (killa didn’t have a clue at these times about Sikh community or issues he was like a kala , p;s was his dream lol if i said that to him now wud be a much diff reaction lol)

Time flew by me and him were ok wid each other but never really got that tight, in year 11 killa become abit like his old self again - he had two fights one wid a gora and one wid a Bengali and when a teacher tried to stop it he punched up the teacher and went crazy and banged a chair on her head lol so his name was going around the school like what the fuck is he on (i used to look in his eyes all i cud see was pain man i felt so sorry for him), he was bare into football, he made the school team, borough team, and played for London, and even passed the trails for west ham, so like bare girls were on him them times, i aint going to lie he was one of the best footballers if not the best in our year! Anyway me and him got ok grades at gcse - enuff to get us to college, by chance we ended up going to the same college but we did totally diff subjects.

Killa in college

Killa knew all the niggaz at college cos killa was the only apna in college that was from the blocks tbh, he used to hang around wid them , all the apney were like why don’t he chill wid apans, but his mentality was diff from our people, our boys wanted to drink , bhangra music, and day timers and have sex. I used to speak to killa at college he used to say u and ur crew of peeps aint serious , he was right man i learnt the hard way , I lost my virginity, got into weed, etc, i was a bimbo got used for my looks and body bigtime my head was gassed i just used to think killa is a moaning sado lol

However 6 months into college fuck me all the paki girls fancied killa , he carried himself really well and talked diff from other Asians he weren’t a fudu that got drunk etc, my feelings for him came back too, cos when all the paki girls were asking me who is that etc he is safe and fit i used to feel bare jealous, but the paki girls were fit and killa used to chat to em all the time, but the paki boys didn’t like killa due to pakis girls being on him! (killa just used to be good friends wid them and help em at their work)

Once a paki just tried it on killa and swang for him in the main foyer, killa pulled out a knife and chased him and tried stabbing him in the ass a few times, in the college near the canteen boom, killa got kicked out! I felt well gutted i knw how much he needed to study man, dis is when i started thinking the pakis check sikh girls but when a apna even talks to their girls they attack him, but i still didn’t think it was wrong to check em (when i think about it now, me killa and all the apanas never had a clue about our roots that’s the cause not knowing our religion)

My college became a Warzone

The college never kicked out the paki, fuck knws why? i think all the pakis lied etc , after 2 weeks i c killa cum outside college wid 30 niggaz man, and they fucked up the pakis, one paki got axed by a nigga in the head it was fucking crazy the pakis got beats man. It turned into a race war in college after that niggaz used to chill together and the pakis separate cos of killa the cunt lol and fuck knws what he was up to as he had been kicked out, but it was very tense and police presence was high , it was fucked! 3 weeks after pakis came down and rushed a few niggaz outside of college, they stabbed on in leg and glassed two on the face, the next day omg from the hill u saw killa and his mate leading around 200 niggaz to college the police came, but the niggaz pulled out guns and the police ran away man no lie , I saw it all, and the niggaz and killa jacked mobiles and tings of all pakis man, even innocent ones got jacked that day. After a few weeks it calmed down and things got back to normal, i used to c killa in a park around the corner from college (i used to go and chill wid a few apnis and our paki mans), but he used to hang wid sum ruff looking niggaz so i used to nod my head and walk away , killa was bunning up them times, so was i, once he saw me wid a spliff he was like yo preetin cum ere , who u pickup of, i was like adil, he goes fuck dem mans pick up of me , I’ve got good weed and will hook u up nice deals man. So i started picking up of him and dat,we used to chill and have jokes in the park and have a spliff, this is when killa was getting a big name in the ends, he had a strong firm of niggaz and few apnas from his blocks, and tbh pakis cudnt even look in their direction. They started a gang called anonymous killaz, all they used to do was scams, bank robberies, sell drugs and had a fierce rep for violence. Man i fancied killa like mad these times (even dough i was checking a pak i used to think about a future wid killa, u knw the butterflies in ur stomach ting lol), i liked the power that he had, like when him and few mans used to walk in the park etc, other gangs and pakis who thought they were hard used to get shook, i had people becoming my friend just cos i knew killa, i was like yeah man i knw sumone who peeps r shook off, it gave me power in away,

I fucking told killa i liked him, but he said preetz ur a nice girl etc then he told me he had a gal but kept it low incase peeps get to her to get revenge on him! i was ohhhh, he made a point dough, he goes preets, don’t think im a kanjar, u knw i got a sis i aint and never will do nothing physical wid anygirl until I’m married i got a little sis i undastand these tingz, he goes preets i can get it on a plate but to this day i aint even kissed a girl or held hands! I was like what the fuck this man is a proper fucking banda, where all the guys i knew just talk about sex and how they cudnt wait to pull down my knickers! ( i just thought what a lucky bitch and was hurt inside but didn’t show it to him)

I was abit broke, as my dad lost his job and mum was unwell , so killa gave me a line to run, and gave me a cut out of the profit, i still kept going college and went on to uni, i still fancied him like fuck, i used to get so jealous when girls flirted wid him when i was there, once a group of us was walking and next girl that killa didn’t even know just gripped him, and goes i want u, lol when we went town girls used to pinch his ass and runaway, he was a celebrity in the endz, gold chain, avirex jacket , nike airs etc it was some film shit, but what goes up must come down real talk , a life of sin don’t last, police was on to them, all , they got cuaght wid bare guns, 5 ak;s and got done for few stabbings and shootings, and the crew split up and alot of them got locked, killa got locked - his girl left him and converted to Islam,

My heart was broken man, i felt bare lonely without them guys, my mum found out about it all as the news spread like wild fire, and some auntie told her that her son told her about me and how i used to work for that gang, i got the licks of my life and was grounded! (On proper locks) I managed to get hold of killas prison address and wrote him a letter. He goes he is fine and is reading up on islam and is wondering why his girl converted to it (i think she was tryna convert him if he wanted her back) ! i was hmmm ok, that sounds interesting as being muslim was seen as the coolest ting in our endz trust!! I was depressed man, i had no money coming in, no one to chill with, but i still smoked and after killa and dem got locked, pakis started coming out again and started running da endz, i started picking up of them. I then went uni in Luton, i never heard from killa for about 2 years now, i had lost total contact, i was checking a paki, and u knw we done everything! Once i came back to our endz and i bumped into killa and butch singh , omg killa was so hench after he came out, all the feelings just came back as soon as i saw him, he was wearing a big black paag and had a long beard! I was like look at u , u gyani, (in my head i was shocked like wtf is dis even killa).

He went straight to the point, he goes babes, i heard u checking a paki and dat, he called me a sell out, and went on one, i was like wtf, u never had a problem with it back in dayz, he goes preeti i was sleeping, im not same killa, now, i read islam and all other faiths nothing compares to ours, the gurus done so much. I was like yeah yeah yeah whatever! I took his number still and every time i phoned him he used to tell me what pakis were up to wid our girls and sakhis about Sikh history, he got it to my head that me being a Sikh girl i shouldn’t be checking a paki, i tried to spilt up wid my man, but he wasn’t having it he started threatening me etc and he used to be one of the top boys in Luton and i was still at uni there living in a rented flat! Once he came drunk to my yard, and wanted it, i was listening to kirtan on my laptop as i started to get into sikhi, and when he touched me it felt so wrong now, all i cud picture was the mughals terrorising our people and me giving this man pleasure felt so cheap! He tried to rape me there and then , but i managed to overpower him and escape , that was my uni ting all over, i moved back to east and started going simran sessions wid killa and dem mans, .............

Start of sikh unit

After coming out of jail , and seeing how shit had changed killa was heart broke, the wrong guys were running the endz, Sikhs were a laughing stock, most our girls were sucking paki dick and having abortions it was fucked up big time, killa used to say i used to rep it for drugs now we got to do sumting for our community and faith. pakis were terrorising Sikhs in east and dat, killa decided to form a gang called, sikh unit. The best thing was that sikh unit became a punjbai ting, a few singhs, few monas and few apnis , it started brining that pride in our community again, our girls were taught that checking pakis etc was wrong. The lads started to reclaim our honour again, killa started doing talks at the gurdwara and we done stalls and gave out literature in the gurdwara etc, people started waking up to what was going on in east! More and more lads started joining and coming to us with problems. Killa used to say to lads become athletic, join the gym etc, he made a lot of girls take up self defence classes! To cut a long story short Sikh unit started putting in a lot of work in the roads against racist Muslim gangs who were going around pissing on karas and harassing and spitting on the faces of sikh girls who refused to give their number to them! Butchy the little dick lol, got locked up for shooting 3 rival gang members in broad daylight on green street lol the knob lol, killa screwed at him , and said u should have done it better, we used to go and check butchy in jail and the cunt used to just think it’s one big joke, lol we all used to chill together man, it used to be jokes man, we all were drug free, and living in honour, was proper good times, we started making tunes, as a hobby when we chilled and once a mate of mate goes u need to get this shit out there it will help the youth that going through what u lot going through, so we burnt a cd and started giving them out too, we had lost several boys to jail and 2 of our lads got killed. Killa felt guilty and our own community didn’t show no support but labelled us as the bad guys and talked in favour of Muslims! Killa had a meeting and said we just focus on awareness and music fuck the vigilante shit, he goes to us we back eachtoher and that’s it, fuck the community they just use us and then fuck us over after they finished using us!

I felt at peace chilling with the brothers, I felt belonged and I used to contribute and get info for them, as i was a girl i could get close to the enemy. Killa started to respect me bares, i got close to him like never before i told him about all the Luton shit, he was vex, he rounded up a few boys and went and fucked my x over!

After a few weeks i told killa i still like him and dat, he was like preeti ur a good girl but i don’t c u in dat way at all! I was hurt as i wanted a future with this guy, i was like why not etc he goes he has his reasons, i knew he was hiding sumting from me, so i kept at him......

“preeti how can i marry u and have babies wid u, u shagged quite a lot of guys in the manor, and that Luton paki he is mans enemy now, i cant have kids with a women who has fucked my enemy , i will become a laughing stock.......

I ran out of the room crying, i never wanted to speak to him again i thought what a evil cunt, i belled him that night, he was like look “I’ve never even touched a women, Im a dick in alot of ways and have messed up in life but i got a clean slate when it comes to my izzat (honour) – i know everyone makes mistakes, but i don’t want people sayin yeah i fucked killaz wife , how are mans gonna take me serious, - in the future they will come up to my kids and taunt em and say ur mums a good fuck etc (my enemies will)

Anyway after a few weeks I accepted it and he had a point, I should have kept my legs shut! I saw exactly were he was coming from I only had myself to blame, I knew none of the unit mans would marry me cos of my past, cos they were all serious guys and really cared about their honour. Tbh after that I stopped chilling with them it never felt right,

I got married to a guy from India, my parents arranged it, I now have two kids, me and my husband are bare into sikhi, my kids have their kesh etc and im hoping when they are all older we all take our amrit together, i still speak to killa and that now and again but as i live in Manchester now i aint seen him for years, but he told me to jump on and help with this newsletter and the singhrow fb,

Killa used to have a lot of heart but i can c its all been taken out of him, fuck knows what he has been through, but all i can say youths in Manchester have heard of Sikh unit, and I’m like i used to be a part of it and dat and tell dem stories and i make sure i tell little girls on how i messed up, and how simran (meditation) is the key to deal wid lust!

Rip to my dead brothers and respect for Sikh unit for changing my life, don’t know where i would have been without them guys! I know its dying down and has lost structure but from the fb i can still see it inspires a lot of youth, i hope the yungers carry it on or do something similar, im not saying break the law like us mans did, we had links and lived that life anyway and tbh it weren’t worth it, we shud have used the pen like we are doing now, that way we wud not have lost so many boys to death or jails, but when ur yung ur hyper and i guess u grow in time, thanks to u killa even if i never see u again ull always be in my heart bro, tc of urself

i went on their website a while back and noticed that in the all the different writings, by the hate letters by islamic fundos, email replies by sikh gangstas etc etc share exactly the same form/style/syntax.

If I didn't know better I would have said that it is writtten by the same illiterate east london yoof wannabe thug.

i went on their website a while back and noticed that in the all the different writings, by the hate letters by islamic fundos, email replies by sikh gangstas etc etc share exactly the same form/style/syntax.

If I didn't know better I would have said that it is writtten by the same illiterate east london yoof wannabe thug.

You mean all these stories on Sikhunit blogspot are fake?

After a few weeks i told killa i still like him and dat, he was like preeti ur a good girl but i don’t c u in dat way at all! I was hurt as i wanted a future with this guy, i was like why not etc he goes he has his reasons, i knew he was hiding sumting from me, so i kept at him......

“preeti how can i marry u and have babies wid u, u shagged quite a lot of guys in the manor, and that Luton paki he is mans enemy now, i cant have kids with a women who has fucked my enemy , i will become a laughing stock.......

I ran out of the room crying, i never wanted to speak to him again i thought what a evil admin cut, i belled him that night, he was like look “I’ve never even touched a women, Im a dick in alot of ways and have messed up in life but i got a clean slate when it comes to my izzat (honour) – i know everyone makes mistakes, but i don’t want people sayin yeah i fucked killaz wife , how are mans gonna take me serious, - in the future they will come up to my kids and taunt em and say ur mums a good admin cut etc (my enemies will)

LOL that was quite funny

horrible English though. A 29 year old writing English like that LMAO!

Edited by Mithar

Yes....unless all the different writers on there went to the same ghetto English school, had the same teacher and practised their linguistics skills together in the back alleys of a Tottenham sink estate.

I have seen this weird trend where teens write like this like Kalay from hood. The strangest thing is when I see Indian girls from India! writing like this. I cannot help but nod my head in disbelieve. How hard is it to write "see" and "you" instead of 'c' and 'u'?

Edited by Mithar

I find it hard to believe a 29 year old female apni would speak/type like that no matter where you're from!!! Just my opinion.

no joke. a friend of mine talks like this, he's in his 30s and keeps using words i dont understand!

people do speak like this though from london way though esp from the ghetto areas.

I find it hard to believe a 29 year old female apni would speak/type like that no matter where you're from!!! Just my opinion.

no joke. a friend of mine talks like this, he's in his 30s and keeps using words i dont understand!

people do speak like this though from london way though esp from the ghetto areas.

You can take the singh/ni out of the ghetto but you can't get the ghetto out of the singh/ni.

I shudder to think what these peoples standard of Panjabi is like.

Then again at least they have evolved from the caveman grunts and moans that teenagers were renowned for, as in 'Kevin & Perry Go Large'! God those were my uni days. :)