10-Year Imprisonment For Cow Slaughter

10-year imprisonment for cow slaughter

Rajmeet Singh/TNS

Mohali, September 20

From now on, those found guilty of cow slaughter would face imprisonment of 10 years instead of two years at present. To further ensure that those indulging in cow slaughter do not get scot free, the Punjab Gau Sewa Board was initiating various steps, its Chairman Kimti Bhagat said here today.

After chairing the third governing body meeting of the Punjab Gau Sewa Board here, Kimti Bhagat said to check smuggling of cows for slaughtering, special ‘cow protection’ cells were being set up in the Punjab Police. At the district level, the cell would be headed by a DSP-rank officer, who would act as a nodal officer to check the offence.To rescue abandoned stray cattle, two ambulances have been purchased and a central control room was being established.

The chairman said to catch the stray cattle and relocate them at registered cattle sheds, the Punjab Government has sanctioned Rs 6.32 crore. The board would engage animal catcher on contract and pay them Rs 300 per animal.

http://www.tribuneindia.com/2011/20110921/punjab.htm#20

i was once a part of a cow protection unit some years back, use to be a volunteer..trust me its risky..the butcher lobby is well prepared ..they have poitical contacts..and also muscle power...there were cases of our lawyers been assasinated by the butchers.

the hindu claims cow is sacred, i wonder where does that faith go when cows go around feeding on garbage and are hit by vehicles while sqatting in the middle of the road .

i think we sikhs have well managed their 'faith' in cows, we may not call it our 'maata' but we dont ill-treat cows.

i had read of a case some years ago when singhs of the damdami taksal had beaten up or killed some butchers.

....also its one thing come up with laws and harsh punishments; but does anyone believe these will be enforced?

It will be in the best interest of India if these type of laws will never be enforced.In past 2 years price of milk in India has increased by 40%.The demand for milk now can only be fulfilled through factory farming of imported cows ,but as these cows eat two much

there is hardly any scope of when they become unproductive ,so either they are going to be killed or exported to Pakistan or Bangladesh

the hindu claims cow is sacred, i wonder where does that faith go when cows go around feeding on garbage and are hit by vehicles while sqatting in the middle of the road .

It is not a matter of faith but question of economics.Cows feed on garbage because owners of these cows can't afford expense of feeding an unproductive cow.A poor country like India cannot afford millions of unproductive cows .The cost of keeping them could go to thousands of crores so in other words these type of laws just benefit muslims and countries like Bangladesh and Pakistan

i had read of a case some years ago when singhs of the damdami taksal had beaten up or killed some butchers.

Very good when Sikhs are going through lowest point in current times these soormay are wasting their energy attacking or killing butchers.After all these butchers are weak .I am wondering will these singhs have guts to attack tobacco shops in amritsar or attacking tobacco shops is strict no no for them because of fear of Hindu backlash