How To Make Shardai/sukhnidhaan

chatanga1

Another failure on my recent trip to Panjab, never got to try Sukhnidhaan again.

Can anyone post onhere how to make it, i have looked on youtube but couldnt see any vids on it. if anyone could help with this it would be brill.

I got myself a ghotna made from Nim wood, but couldnt find a kunda in jalandhar shehr. whats the next best thing if you cant find a kunda. any available in uk?

you should be able to buy a khunda from the main indian areas here - for some silly price.

or what you can do is get a round kraha/wok, dig a shallow hole in the ground in the shape of the wok base, insert wok in hole and you've got yourself a heavy duty khunda.

If you're gonna make sukha here how are you going to get hold of all the ingrediants? you know of some homies in the hood?

Shardaayi - Gurmeet Kaur from Sikhnet

This cools you down and powers your brain. It also provides all the essential amino acids.

For 4 servings:

1/2 cup of nuts (Almonds and/or Pistachios)

1/2 cup of seeds (Sunflower, Pumpkin and/or Melon)

A tablespoon of Poppy Seeds A teaspoon of fennel seeds (if you like the flavour)

A pinch of Saffron

A few black peppercorns

A pinch of cardamom seeds (discard the pods first)

Water for desired thickness

Sugar or Honey for desired sweetness

Shardaayi can stay in the refrigerator for a couple of days. In winter, it can be boiled with some chopped dates (instead of sugar) for extra warmth and body. This nut-milk is many times superior than the dairy counterpart in terms of nutrition. It also carries a much smaller carbon and cruelty footprint. Soak nuts overnight(optional – peel off almond skin as it loosens upon soaking). Soak rest of the ingredients. Grind all ingredients to a very smooth paste adding small quantities of water very slowly. Blend in appropriate amount of sweetener and rest of the water. Chill before serving.

Just a note, soaking seeds and nuts for a few hours before eating makes the nutrients more bioavailable. Also, there’s a layer of phytic acid (which removes nutrients from the body) on all grains, legumes, seeds. After being soaked for several hours, the seeds begin to sprout and the phytic acid layer disappears.

Just a note, soaking seeds and nuts for a few hours before eating makes the nutrients more bioavailable. Also, there's a layer of phytic acid (which removes nutrients from the body) on all grains, legumes, seeds. After being soaked for several hours, the seeds begin to sprout and the phytic acid layer disappears.

I've heard of this before; hence apne people soaking badam overnight before removing the skin. For seeds, are you saying that it should be soaked until it starts to sprout?

• 4 weeks later...

If you're gonna make sukha here how are you going to get hold of all the ingrediants? you know of some homies in the hood?

thats the easiest ingrediEnt to get these days in Joo-kay!

Shaheediyan Bro, i was gonna use these 4 ingredients :

badaams, cas-cas, black pepper , leyechi, . with these 4 its still nutritutous yes?

also can anyone tell me what is the importance of discarding of the nugda? can it not be eaten as well?