Forgiveness

Hi Everyone,

I had a question if anyone can answer. Just say we did something wrong knowing your intentions were wrong and knowing you would people by doing it...and still did it...then regretted it after...how do you get forgiven? do you confess to the people you hurt? or do you pray for forgiveness from God and change your life?...what does it say in Sikhism?...thank you in advance.

sometimes confessing causes more hurt than not. so every situation is different. i would ask, what is the more compassionate course of action to this person? what course of action is more in line with integrity?

I personally think what you dont know wont kill you...sometimes it better to keep your mouth shut to keep people from getting hurt..BUT God knows and will you get forgiven in the end for it?...even if you change your life and do good from now on....like Christians go for confessions and get forgiven...what about us?..

Hi Everyone,

I had a question if anyone can answer. Just say we did something wrong knowing your intentions were wrong and knowing you would people by doing it...and still did it...then regretted it after...how do you get forgiven? do you confess to the people you hurt? or do you pray for forgiveness from God and change your life?...what does it say in Sikhism?...thank you in advance.

People like that should be shot, doing wrong and knowing you are doing wrong yet continue? people like that lead the end to relationships and lives.

People like that should be shot, doing wrong and knowing you are doing wrong yet continue? people like that lead the end to relationships and lives.

Should be shot? hmm ok. If that's how you feel. But things are not always black and white...people do things for reasons and i believe if you learn from it that's the best way to grow..I just want to know what our religion says about it..very important lesson i learned in life is not to judge and for you to just assume im a terrible person without know anything about me is wrong...im not here to be judged but to learn and become a good Sikh.

the first question is what wrong is done? Is it a person did something which he/she believe should not do religion wise ,or is it something morally, financially,hurting someone,fraud,cheating ,betraying,criminal activity etc.Only the level of wrong activity could decide the punishment.

As far judging others is concerned ,very sorry but sikhs always judged the others

the first question is what wrong is done? Is it a person did something which he/she believe should not do religion wise ,or is it something morally, financially,hurting someone,fraud,cheating ,betraying,criminal activity etc.Only the level of wrong activity could decide the punishment.

As far judging others is concerned ,very sorry but sikhs always judged the others

This was morally wrong. Lost my way and didn't care about anyone or anything...then one day just woke up turned to God and haven't been the same since. Changed my life, the way i see and deal with people to what is really important in life. Wrong is wrong though which is the bottom line. Eventually i want to take Amrit but i need to work my way towards that. Never felt so at peace just taking one step towards God. That is why this question is important to me. Do i continue to just live a better life and forget the past...or is that against our religion and do we have to make things right by bringing up old things...even if you know its better to just let things be.

This was morally wrong. Lost my way and didn't care about anyone or anything...then one day just woke up turned to God and haven't been the same since. Changed my life, the way i see and deal with people to what is really important in life. Wrong is wrong though which is the bottom line. Eventually i want to take Amrit but i need to work my way towards that. Never felt so at peace just taking one step towards God. That is why this question is important to me. Do i continue to just live a better life and forget the past...or is that against our religion and do we have to make things right by bringing up old things...even if you know its better to just let things be.

If you have not betrayed anyone's trust then you can continue your journey toward god and in future if you want to be in relationship just tell the person about the past if he accept then its O.K if not then accept it as punishment on the other hand if you are in relationship and betrayed someone's trust then tell him what wrong you did.I don't think your morally wrong doing will have anything to do with your path toward sikhi as many people believe that after taking amrit is like rebirth

If you have not betrayed anyone's trust then you can continue your journey toward god and in future if you want to be in relationship just tell the person about the past if he accept then its O.K if not then accept it as punishment on the other hand if you are in relationship and betrayed someone's trust then tell him what wrong you did.I don't think your morally wrong doing will have anything to do with your path toward sikhi as many people believe that after taking amrit is like rebirth

Thank you.

• 1 month later...

gurufatheh g read gurbani www.srigranth.org forgiveness is the main pillar of Sikhi gurbani says

where their is knowlege their is religon(rightousness dharma)

where there is falsehood their is sin

where there is greed there is kal(darkness,death)

where there is forgiveness their is God himself

in gurbani sant ravidas says jo pai hum na paap karanta ahay ananta patit pawan naam kaise hunta

if we did not sin oh infanate lord y would you b the forgiver of sinners

god always forgives a mahapurash once told me that they instant tears of pachtava (regret remorse) fall from your eyes those tears clean the stains of whatever paap u did :)