Continued Attack On Sikhism By Sikh Missionaries

Kam1825

Over the past few years we have seen an escalation in attacks on Sri Dasam Granth, Gur ithaas, Sikh principals, Amrit, Kakkars, Simran, Gurmantar and anything else that goes with the Sikh faith. However their attack has now started on the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji and in particular the Sri Raagmala.

www.khalsanews.com/newspics/2011/11Nov2011/16%20Nov%2011/16%20Nov%2011%20SGGS%20without%20Raagmala.htm

www.khalsanews.com/newspics/2011/11Nov2011/17%20Nov%2011/17%20Nov%2011%20Raagmala%20-%20Upkar%20S%20Fbd.htm

Expect the attacks to continue and intensify

• 3 years later...

Over the past few years we have seen an escalation in attacks on Sri Dasam Granth, Gur ithaas, Sikh principals, Amrit, Kakkars, Simran, Gurmantar and anything else that goes with the Sikh faith. However their attack has now started on the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji and in particular the Sri Raagmala.

This was written 4 years ago, but yet the attacks continue. Why haven't we got round to taking the offensive on these issues?

I think taking these conversations or debate into academia where each of anti dasam granth questions can be dissected refuted meticulously methodically would be start, both anti and pro dasam granth groups while many scholars they have vidya..group as a whole they lack class as they have too many hot headed who ready to beat up, intimidate, cause noise, utter threats  attached to the cause which reinforces the narratives anti dasam people have. So we have to be smarten up, we need pro sikhi, pro dasam granth good quality academia works released, videos, audios, lectures, seminars. 

I will end with gyani sher singh ji bachan when i asked regarding pro and anti dasam granth people- mass, he said they both lost the plot, too much dvait/dvaish insecurity everywhere.

^^^

I think it is yet another manifestation of backward tribal instincts in the quom. Certain sections of the panth seek out and live off this polarity to form tribal groups and indulge in the usual mud-slinging, accusatory lifestyle to fuel their ego. They find some issue to give themselves a particular identity and use the issue as glue in their tribal construct. 

If it wasn't the Dasam Granth they'd be doing it over some other thing. 

If it wasn't the Dasam Granth they'd be doing it over some other thing.

Thats so true on many levels, one can just do social experiment leave both pro and anti dasam granth people with their own lot, sooner or later they will find some other axe to grind and moan about. It's unfortunate that sri dasam granth itself became shield/shelter for people egos who fight among themselves and hide behind it, its like this if people are certified cactus jack, they should come out and say it openly be candid about it no point hiding behind scriptures or some righteous cause dragging scriptures into it. It's imperative we filter learned gyanis and respect them from both ends from tribal lot from both sides.

I think taking these conversations or debate into academia where each of anti dasam granth questions can be dissected refuted meticulously methodically would be start, both anti and pro dasam granth groups while many scholars they have vidya..group as a whole they lack class as they have too many hot headed who ready to beat up, intimidate, cause noise, utter threats  attached to the cause which reinforces the narratives anti dasam people have. So we have to be smarten up, we need pro sikhi, pro dasam granth good quality academia works released, videos, audios, lectures, seminars. 

Good words Glorious leader.

Let’s not forget the fact that the Bani of Dasam Granth Sahib ji is an original source witness to the shaheedi of Guru Tegh Bahadur ji, whose kurbani allowed for the continual survival of Hindu dharm. This really irks many of those with a Hindu cultural imperialist agenda. Again and again we see Indian school textbooks disounting Maharaj’s shaheedi, stating lies about it. Some texts say that he was hung for instigating riots!! Dasam Granth flies in the face of their cultural superiority agenda.

That's another really paradoxical thing:

Many anti people claim to be this way inclined because they perceive many of the works as 'Hindu' as opposed to Sikh. Despite the fact that a lot of traditional 'Hindu' traditions are lampooned therein. Even some of the representations of the gods and goddesses aren't particularly favorable if filtered through a modern lens. 

It just seems to go back to tribalism on part of the factions (within the community) - as opposed to any serious indepth reading. I mean both sides here btw. Even many of the pro-side turn the debate into charges of blasphemy, or something similar or a reason to have a brawl. Look I know Panjabis well, and a few of them are deeply inclined to this behaviour - they should just keep it at the pub/bar/streets instead of bringing it to this table.

That all being said: the fact that the work still has the power to stimulate so much debate and discussion is another testimony of its power and relevance (in my eyes). 

Edited by dalsingh101