WOULD SIKHISM SURVIVE THIS CENTURY ?

The rate at which sikhism is losing its integrity that I firmly believe that there would not be even a single sikh who is sabat soorat by the turn of this century. Why are so much ignorant of our religion. Most of the people do it for the sake of fasion .

Our punjabi media is one of the main culprit. All non-sence stuff is shown on these channels. There is simply no check on them. What ever comes to their mind is aired. People with trimmed beards and shaven head sing their own written poetry as they are shabad from SGGS.

Our administration has simply turned a blind eye to it. Our new generation is growing up seeing all this non sense. They wont even know what a sikh should look like. The level of thinking of people there is so lowly that as soon as a programme on Gurbani ends, without even waiting for a blink of an eye, an adult movie would start or a senseless erotic song would come to screen. What the hell is going on? Are the people at the helm of affiairs so dumb that they cant do nothing about it.

We can spend beyond imagination on destroying historical sites including historical Gurudwaras in the name of rebuilding, but we can not have TV channel who is entirely devoted to Gurmat and Gurbani Vichar and shows us the true essence of Sikhism. A TV Channel where a sikh looks like a educated sikh and not a illitrate people speaking and singing non-sense.

These so called Punjabi Channels are doing so much damage to the cause Sikhism by way of currepting the minds of the young and upcoming generation that they would not know for sure what is the history of sikhism and what sacrifices our Gurus made for humanity.

Sikhism is a truth from Akaal Purkh.

And you are claiming that Truth shall vanish...how soo???

Does anyone has power to eliminate one's relegion???

By lookin at the sad state you might get depressed or even stress thinkin about it.

But what about the real aim of an sikh??

Why we are here to ?? what for??? Not to get sadden lookin at the state of youths. But we are here to gain spirtual enlightment...we are here to follow this...

Ehoo Tarii Variii aa Gobind Millan di (Guroo Arjan Dev Ji Maharaj)

No one is lookin at the real message or there to follow it but instead here we are worrying too much about sikhi state. Dont you have faith in akaal?? You think with your smart thinking you can come across with this sad state of sikhs..like youth gettin away, propagand of extermist groups without vaheguroo's kirpa. Take it vaheguroo's will. Everything happens for the reason. Best example- 1984 happened for an reason is to awake the shoooooti(sleeping) sikh kaum. You know how many people got closer to sikhi after 1984??? Do your research in that matter...

You may be thinking its hopeless. But you are wrong. Its not hopeless..We got manukhi jeevan. Use it to acheive god and help others to acheive it too...

It takes 1000 RSS extermist to spread up the propaganda against few weaker sikhs (If they let them). But it takes one "Bhramgyani/sant/mahapursh" to baptised 1-2 millions sikhs in to khalsa whole life time. So you think for second instead of havin diarraha of stress and depressition ... Ask yourself which is more effective??????

Obviously,

App Javo, Avra Naam Jaapvououou

Recite god's name and make others do so

If every gursikh start makin that above two verses their obbession acheivement in the life. I say we will flourish in no time.

I didnt mean flourish as in get few more noble awards in the materalistic world or even get high volumes of sikhs baptising (quantity) but i meant Flourishin as in Flourishing the spirtual development infront of akaal eyes and meeting with akaaal...

What you want in life??? You want a reconginization of sikhs from this materliastic world ????? Or you want recongnization from akaal purkh (guroo gobind singh maharaj) ???????????????

You decide.

The rate at which sikhism is losing its integrity that I firmly believe that there would not be even a single sikh who is sabat soorat by the turn of this century. Why are so much ignorant of our religion. Most of the people do it for the sake of fasion .

Well, you are mistaken if you assume so about sikhism. Sikhism is path with spirit of saint+soldiers. Sikhism preaches simple rules of the life. Live family life and recite God's name. You don't need to go to jungle and sit there do bhagti and that's the best part of Sikhism.

Our punjabi media is one of the main culprit. All non-sence stuff is shown on these channels. There is simply no check on them. What ever comes to their mind is aired. People with trimmed beards and shaven head sing their own written poetry as they are shabad from SGGS.

First of all, we have to be aware of this that there is no "our" punjabi media anymore. If one person is running punjabi media company whose parents are sikhs then it doesn't mean he will support sikhism. I tell you in simple words that business man wants to earn money for his investment and politician votes for his lectures.... If we will start educating our people. If you really want to change things then take some actions and spread the word and try to organize gurmat camps. You just need to spread the word of Gurus rest depends on individuals if they want to follow it or not...

Our administration has simply turned a blind eye to it. Our new generation is growing up seeing all this non sense. They wont even know what a sikh should look like. The level of thinking of people there is so lowly that as soon as a programme on Gurbani ends, without even waiting for a blink of an eye, an adult movie would start or a senseless erotic song would come to screen. What the hell is going on? Are the people at the helm of affiairs so dumb that they cant do nothing about it.

If you look at Gurus times then you will find out that situation was worst than this. They had so many anti-gurus at that time as well. They had moghuls, hill kings and also Guru ji's own families members going against them but still Sikhs were strong just because Guru ji's words were in their mind and they knew it very well... We need to spread the word of Guru ji and leave these "Neo Masands" for next session of Guru Gobind singh ji's patrol based burning camp.

We can spend beyond imagination on destroying historical sites including historical Gurudwaras in the name of rebuilding, but we can not have TV channel who is entirely devoted to Gurmat and Gurbani Vichar and shows us the true essence of Sikhism. A TV Channel where a sikh looks like a educated sikh and not a illitrate people speaking and singing non-sense.

Literature works better than media because they have time to read and if they don't understand then they can re-read it once again. go ahead start doing sewa of distributing sikh history literature viallage to village and college to college and rest leave on Gurus and God.

These so called Punjabi Channels are doing so much damage to the cause Sikhism by way of currepting the minds of the young and upcoming generation that they would not know for sure what is the history of sikhism and what sacrifices our Gurus made for humanity.

We need to produce movies based on sikh history. We can't change anything by blaming these ppl but we can change things by taking actions. Good thing is that we can start educating our people by giving them literature and show them what sikhism is all about...

yeah i gotta agree with N30 bhaaji, nearly everybodys had a go at wipein sikhs from the face of the earth, some are still tryin but Raaj Karega Khalsa, Aake Rahe Naa Koi. :nihung:

the khalsa paanth is to pure and strong to be wiped out, remember where there is one sikh there will be suuva lakh of others :hearme:

veerjee i understand your concern

but the situation today is that, people always tend to look at the bad side rather than the good side -- there are actually quite a few sikhi camps going on right now, there are people doing katha in english, there are new people getting into sikhi, there are some amazzzzing "manmukh to gurmukh" stories -- in so many ways, sikhi is expanding and becoming stronger

many sikhs in punjab may be losing their sikhi, but that doesn't matter

obviously, quality over quantity is what matters

people tend to always point out the bad sides of a situation

but they don't look at all of the sikh youth that are doing seva, that are trying to do paat, that are slowly becoming kesdharee, slowly taking amrit -- there may not be as many people turning towards sikhi as turning away from it, but the ones who are turning towards sikhi are REAL and GENUINE sikhs... our generation brings many good promises

you could call me an optimistic person but i'm really not, i just have faith in sikhi and i know it will prosper, regardless of what the multitude says or how it seems.. have faith in sikhi, expand your own rehat and understand that sikhi will never be wiped out.

Sikhi needs a strong leader-someone like Bhindranwale Sant, someone who will make ppl proud to be a Sikh-not necessarily someone as hardline, but someone with a good strong personality and leadership. This is especially true for Punjab i feel, as it is the home for the great majority of Sikhs in the world, yet in a society that is comparably easy to keep one's religion compared to those of us living in western countries...its appalling how Sikhi is being ignored with more and more ppl cutting their hair, going clubbing and imitating western ideals

I don't think the Sikhi will disapear, why, let me give u a small example

In Bhagdad ( Iraq ) , centuries people built a Gurdwara in the memory of Guru Nanak dev ji.

And that Gurdwara is still standing, even after WARS, and harsh regimes. The Gurdwara

is not built with Marbles or gold. Here is a picture

Image_3.jpg

So if we compare this Gurdwara sahib to Sikhi then we will notice that even though Everyone

seems to be after us with bad intentions, Wageguru ji will take care of us. Just like this

small Gurdwara has stood firm in its place during wars and bad weather, Sikhi will stand its

ground as well.

Reality Bites! :twisted: that's all I have to say about your panicky reactions. Its gr8 to hear your views. Atleast there are few people, who are really pained after reading this post. Actually this post was meant to hit the mindset this way only. And there is not need to get angry at the message it conveys because anger hampers a persons ability to think, act and take decisions optimally.

I am as optimistic about Sikhism as you all are. I am not at all looking on the negative side but you can not close your eyes and hid your head in sand like an ostrich does, when faced with trouble. The fact is that most of you people on this forum are putting up in the peaceful streets of England or USA and are not aware of the ground realities faced by Sikhs in India. Dear N30Singh ji, there is no need to open a Fortress again me like this by your barrage of words. It is very easy to preach from such a far off place and order to do this or do that. Come to the party friends!! Come to your Punjab and do something concrete. We have had enough leaders in Amritsar who can speak and preach like you and do nothing besides this. Again no need to get offended with my comment because it is only a discussion and if you can criticize others then you should have the guts to take the criticism as well. Well now letz concentrate on the discussion and not deviate from it by showing off our anger at the negative side of this topic.

I am aware very well that nobody of you can do anything when a apparently fully maintained Sikh gets married in a Gurudwara in London and as soon as the Anand Karaj solemnizes he goes to beauty parlor and comes out as a clean shaven "GurSikh" along with his bride with so much glee and no remorse. The running ceremony is being televised on BBC time and again. And it is being depicted, in the running commentary as a gr8 Sikh Tradition. And this kind of world media I am pointing towards. Remember if this is shown over the world media over a period of time which is being watched by our young generation then what kind of affect this would have on our young generation? And if this falsehood is shown like this again and again then that falsehood perceives to be a Truth. And Where were these firm voices sleeping then... that are now so conveniently preaching to do this and do that? Who is sleeping now? No one came forward and slapped that bridegroom on his face, not even from the Gurudwara Management coz they would have thought that this may result in some of these persons not coming to Gurudwara for rest of their lives and that may reduce the number of persons coming to Gurudwara. And you are talking of quality over quantity!! I agree that Waheguru would take definitely take care of us but Waheguru vee unhaan dee hee madad karcee jo apni madad khud kar sakdae nae...

I wonder have anyone of you ever bothered to come to Punjab and see all these facts for yourself. My intention was just to make you aware of the facts. You can not deny them. Can you?

I again disagree with you when you say that media does not play any less part in promoting Guru Ji's messages than distributing written form of Literature. Then there was no need to form such discussion forums. And what are you people doing on this discussion forum then. We are in this forum to read and understand Gurbani and share our thoughts with fellow forum members. TV Media has a wider audience and has more impact on the human mind because everything is shown live on electronic media. And one thing we have to remember is that if a falsehood (jhooth) is repeatedly depicted as Truth then that falsehood perceives to be Truth to the simple people in villages who have now sufficent access to this TV Media. And this is what I was trying to convey to you.

I have heard that SGPC is planning to launch a Channel that would be totally dedicated to Gurbani and its teachings and thatz gr8. For God's sake do not underestimate the power of Media... It is much more effective and fast than distributing literature by going from village to village. And if there is a Channel where at any given time only Gurbani Vichaar is being done then there is so much learn from such a Media. And thanks Amardeep Singh for your informative post on Gurudwara in Iraq, this instant post was possible only with help of a Media, internet in this case.

I would like to hear your views on this discussion

Bhul chuk maaf karni ji tae dil noon laan vali koyee gall nahi hae.

WJKK WJKFateh!

Guys, think about it...Sikhi started just over 600 years ago with Guru Nanak Dev patshah, and its grown to be the 5th largest religion in the world, competing to Islam and Hinduism.

Now those religions are hundreds of years old, and Sikhi is a very new religion, and its grown trumendously.

Also look at the goray Sikhs, there hasnt been any parchar from Akal takht, to raise awareness of Sikhi or to "convert" others, whereas Muslims and Hindus oten look for converts and there have been over 6000+ goray sikhs across the world.

So in that perspective, we aren't diminishing but more are arising!!!!

My two cents....

WJKK WJKFateh!

First of all Veer Amans , You can express ur views without using RED font colour. Its just makes ur posts very dificult to read and hurts the eyes.

Secondly, In religions like Islam and some other religions, When followers go astray and stop beliving in them religions, they hardly come back.

Now ever since i have been online i have met many indviduals who have come back to sikhi and Taken Amrit. I am not talking about One or two.

I have seen atleast 10 - 20 people who are becoming Amritdhari sikhs from Mona Sikhs.

So to say that Sikhi is in Great Danger is probably not the correct thing to say.

Bottom line is :

AS LONG AS YOU AND I FOLLOW SIKHI THE WAY IT SHOULD BE, SIKHI WILL NEVER DISAPEAR.

And here is somehting that will tell u what will happen to Sikhi

EH BOOTA SIKHI DA HAR THAN TE PALDA AAY,

JINAN EH CHHAND DAYEEAY ONAN A PHALDA AAY."

Translation :

This Sikhi is like a Plant that Grows everywhere

The more u Prune/Trim it the more it Grows

Dear Amardeep, There is a teresting story behind Gurudwara in Bhagdad. My grandfather visited the Gurudwara in 1942 during the World War II along with other Sikh friends. At that time there just a simple dome symbolysing the visit of Guru Nanak Ji. My grandpa along with felloe Sikhs reconstructed the whole site and what you cee in this snap was actually constructed in 1942 by these Sikhs. God bless them.

So thanks for sharing a gr8 piece of history in this forum. :D

Regards.

Very nice... amans... it was indeed impressive. and more or less i would agree to you. No body should under-estiamte the power of Audio-Visual Impact.. (TV Media).. i feel this is the most impressive media .... and like you said .. those so called punjabi channels are airing.. literly rubbish... sometimes... and i can see the impact in the society around me. We have already bulit a bad image and only we are responsible for this.. and so only WE have to do something about this.. before.....!!!