Videos - Sant Giani Mohan Singh

Kam1825

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Thanks for the videos bhai Kam Singh ji. Giani Mohan Singh ji's face says it all. Many talk about so and so avastha but listening to Giani ji's voice one gets the impression that Giani ji has reached a level that paapi jeevs like me can only contemplate.

Do you have any update on Giani Mohan Singh ji's health? I wonder if cassettes/audio of their Katha are available at Gurdwara Akhand Parkash in Bhinder Kalan?

Edited by osingh1

Singh there are no videos or cassetes available at Bhindra. There is a strict sign that no recording equipment is allowed int he divan hall. It has been there since 1992 and thats the reason why these were the last of the videos. With regards to Baba Jis health they seem to be in Chardikala but the difference in their voice is apparent and they really struggle to do their katha. once i put the recent recordings up you will realise. I think some of the sevaks have been making the recordings with their ipods secretly

Vah! Vah! I didn't realise Giani ji had stoppped recordings of their katha. This is the nirmata of Giani Mohan Singh ji. They truly want to remain as gupt (hidden) as possible. I have read they also have a sign outside their room which advises sangat against seeking darshan of themselves but instead have darshan of sri Guru Granth Sahib ji. The only downside to remaining so gupt is that many Gursikhs today have never heard of Giani Mohan Singh ji. I only wished that Giani ji had written some books so that future generations could learn from them. However, at least we have the katha to listen to.

So are these recent recordings you have been made secretly? What year were they recorded? I look forward to hearing the recent recordings you have.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

i remember a story in Mahabharat.

A sikh chap 'stole' knowledge from his 'guru'; ie he secretly listened in to the pandavs being taught Shastar Vidiya. This guy gained immense knowledge and through practice became very skillful especially in Archery. (i think he may have been Maharaja Karna)

When the guru found out he became very angry that his knowledge was 'stolen' in such a manner and demanded 'guru diksha', that is whatever you give to your guru as a donation in exchange for his blessings. Rather than ask for money or the conventional things that you give a brahmin/guru ;The guru demanded that this secret student cut off his thumb and place it at his gurus feet, thereby rendering him useless for life in using his skills that he gained.

Realising what was being asked of him The student still went ahead and gave his thumb to his guru.

That was the price the sikh paid to his guru for stealing knowledge secretly.

I wonder what these gursikhs are willing to pay Sant Mohan SIngh for secretly recording/listening to their katha??

I'm not looking at the rights or wrongs of this. Nor am I judging the guys making recording secretly or those listening and going against the hukum of Babaji.

All i'm saying is that like everything in this life and the next there will be a price to pay.

Are they willing to pay the price? Whatever it may be demanded of them?

i remember a story in Mahabharat.

A sikh chap 'stole' knowledge from his 'guru'; ie he secretly listened in to the pandavs being taught Shastar Vidiya. This guy gained immense knowledge and through practice became very skillful especially in Archery. (i think he may have been Maharaja Karna)

When the guru found out he became very angry that his knowledge was 'stolen' in such a manner and demanded 'guru diksha', that is whatever you give to your guru as a donation in exchange for his blessings. Rather than ask for money or the conventional things that you give a brahmin/guru ;The guru demanded that this secret student cut off his thumb and place it at his gurus feet, thereby rendering him useless for life in using his skills that he gained.

Realising what was being asked of him The student still went ahead and gave his thumb to his guru.

That was the price the sikh paid to his guru for stealing knowledge secretly.

I wonder what these gursikhs are willing to pay Sant Mohan SIngh for secretly recording/listening to their katha??

you are talking about Ekalavya and he never stole the vidya from his guru, drona. Drona refused this guy vidya, because he was not a Kshatriya but this guy made a statue of drona and practised archery under the statues gaze, and he became the best archer in the world, but as Drona not knowing about this said to arjun, that you will be the best archer in the world, then demanded dikshana from ekalavya of his thumb so that his promise woud be kept.

arjun and ekalavya had some sort of contest/encounter where arjun lost, and he went running to Drona to complain.

Ekalavya to his credit, obeyed starightaway. I wonder if Arjun would have.

I dont think that this can be said to steal vidya, as he had only a murti for a guide.

What would our Guru's think about Sant Mohans Sngh stance on not letting wider sangat get laha of his bachan?

you are talking about Ekalavya and he never stole the vidya from his guru, drona. Drona refused this guy vidya, because he was not a Kshatriya but this guy went into the jungle and made a statue of drona and practised archery under the statues gaze, and he became the best archer in the world, but as Drona not knowing about this said to arjun, that you will be the best archer in the world, then demanded dikshana from ekalavya of his thumb so that his promise woud be kept.

arjun and ekalavya had some sort of contest/encounter where arjun lost, and he went running to Drona to complain.

I dont think that this can be said to steal vidya, as he had only a murti for a guide.

What would our Guru's think about Sant Mohans Sngh stance on not letting wider sangat get laha of his bachan?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

it was because of their virakat avastha that Baba Gurbachan Singh Ji deemed them unsuitable for the the Damdami Taksal Jatherdari.

That's great info..didn't know because of virakat avastha they didn't get gaddi of damdami taksal..that actually makes lot of sense..now only chela could understand this riddle from this context it would be soo much better.

It was only the other elder Singhs of the taksal at that time that wanted Baba Ji to be the next jatherdar and rejected the young Sant Kartar Singh Ji mahapursh. Baba Mohan Singh had a lot of satkar and pyaar for Baba Kartar Singh and vice versa. When Baba Jio heard of the sudden passing away of Baba Kartar Singh as preordained by the hukamnama they received that day they took their shoes off and did ardas for them. Similarly once Baba Mohan Singh was unwell and Baba Kartar Singh Ji then residing at Mehta Sahib came straight away to see them at hospital. Baba Mohan Singh JI are a parm giani having also studied vedanta granths aswell

Edited by PAL 07

• 11 months later...

you are talking about Ekalavya and he never stole the vidya from his guru, drona. Drona refused this guy vidya, because he was not a Kshatriya but this guy made a statue of drona and practised archery under the statues gaze, and he became the best archer in the world, but as Drona not knowing about this said to arjun, that you will be the best archer in the world, then demanded dikshana from ekalavya of his thumb so that his promise woud be kept.

No he stole the vidiya by secretly watchin Guru Drone teach Arjuna