Only 7.2% Rural Sikh Students Reach College

And we wonder why the deras and xtians are making such massive inroads in Punjab. WTF are the teachers doing? Isnt there some sort of Ministry that monitors teacher performance and organises curricula that allow kids to learn at home with the right books even if teachers arent there?

Bad education always causes problems. Look at the UK. Thatcher messed with the education in the 80s and now they cant even teach Shakespeare in British schools as the teachers never learnt it properly when they were young. Who is meant to be sorting this out in Punjab?

Well, what does it say when the better off actual 'high castes' are actually doing worse than the so called 'low caste' students!

Personally I think there is a strong anti intellectual, unearned privilege, lazy spoil-brat mentality inculcated Panjabi peasant culture that produces hordes of pendus like this. Like the guys from back home you frequently meet in Gurdwaras whose families own x acres of land but who couldn't be bothered to pay attention in school and end up here looking to be labourers or truck drivers.

PS - Zulu, there is now space in my inbox.

Well, what does it say when the better off actual 'high castes' are actually doing worse than the so called 'low caste' students!

It means they're all doing piss poor irrespective of caste. I dont think there is anything to be proud of in these findings.

Personally I think there is a strong anti intellectual, unearned privilege, lazy spoil-brat mentality inculcated Panjabi peasant culture that produces hordes of pendus like this. Like the guys from back home you frequently meet in Gurdwaras whose families own x acres of land but who couldn't be bothered to pay attention in school and end up here looking to be labourers or truck drivers.

Well there is no point getting an education if you dont see the point in it. The subject of freshies and their willingness to be lackeys in the West is an entirely different subject. The report shows that everyone of every background in the Punjab is being failed by the school system. So how can that be changed, rather than looking for scapegoats?

Edited by HSD1

Well there is no point getting an education if you dont see the point in it. The subject of freshies and their willingness to be lackeys in the West is an entirely different subject. The report shows that everyone of every background in the Punjab is being failed by the school system. So how can that be changed, rather than looking for scapegoats?

Cobblers. When the privileged can't be arsed, it says a lot. I see a strong analogy with working class whites and jats in cultural terms where there is a strong resistance and reluctance to educate yourself stemming from (different) deeply embedded cultural reasons. It's the culture that needs to change. That stupid attitude of unearned privilege and egotism that is generated from Jat culture these days. At least Jats used to work hard in the past, now they are generally lazy and have illusions of grandeur in their heads that they are all 'lords of the manor' or country squire types, when the reality is that many of their great grandparents generation used to have to take a little dope to graft all night to get crops in on time. Another case of flights of fancy that do not meet that thing called reality.

FYI. Here ARE some people from peasant backgrounds who have bettered themselves through education in Panjab. They are the heads of sociology and Panjabi technical development in the university at Patiala, who are being interviewed here in Seattle after they had been called over by a few unis in the North American region.

Edited by dalsingh101

Cobblers. When the privileged can't be arsed, it says a lot. I see a strong analogy with working class whites and jats in cultural terms where there is a strong resistance and reluctance to educate yourself stemming from (different) deeply embedded cultural reasons. It's the culture that needs to change.

Dumbest thing I have read in a long time. If you dont know about the Punjabi education system then just say it, dont go off on one. The comparison is so off the chart. Why dont you flesh out your points and tone down the rhetoric?

That stupid attitude of unearned privilege and egotism that is generated from Jat culture these days. At least Jats used to work hard in the past, now they are generally lazy and have illusions of grandeur in their heads that they are all 'lords of the manor' or country squire types, when the reality is that many of their great grandparents generation used to have to take a little dope to graft all night to get crops in on time. Another case of flights of fancy that do not meet that thing called reality.

So what's the solution? Gene therapy? Brainwashing? Again I see the rhetoric and not much else. There's no point talking about something if you dont have solutions. Yes a problem exists. Yet the basic information in your link prove that your theory is dumb.

FYI. Here ARE some people from peasant backgrounds who have bettered themselves through education in Panjab. They are the heads of sociology and Panjabi technical development in the university at Patiala, who are being interviewed here in Seattle after they had been called over by a few unis in the North American region.

I looked on the internet and could find no information on these men's 'peasant' backgrounds. So Mr Intellectual, what makes these men peasants? If they ever have a Sikh version of the Daily Mail I think you should apply for a job. Your posts have gone from partly clever to sheer lunacy.

Back to topic. Does anyone have information on the ins and outs of the East Punjabi Education System?

You just got every excuse in the world for your peasantry brethren. lol

One very under investigated social psychology effect seems to be the acute denial of members of communities who are strongly behind negative trends. It seems like we can clearly see it when outside communities do such things (like you with your eagle eye on whitey), but some self preservation ego-defense mechanism kicks in when it comes to our own - which even causes otherwise intelligent people to go selectively blind - anything to avoid some internal introspection.

Plus you are the going on like the Daily Mail, with the outright denial of anything negative from their own camp to the point of being demented. That type of obfuscation might work with simple yokels, and being one, you might feel that it might actually fools people. But it doesn't.

Unless you're one of the brain dead being referred to in the OP.

Edited by dalsingh101

Check out these bros (all of them clearly state their parents are farmers).

Maybe someone who is clued up about these matters can tell us if the amounts of land they have is considered a lot (or not)?

Edited by dalsingh101