Puratan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji

Kam1825

A Puratan Sarup of the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji from 1714 AD. This Saup has been digitised into a PDF and is downloadable from the literature section of the site.

The link to the PDF is below

http://www.gurmatveechar.com/books/Puratan.Sri.Guru.Granth.Sahib.Da.Saroop.Dated%201714AD.(GurmatVeechar.com).pdf

In the kartarpuri bir these additional bani's appear after sri Mundavani.In my opinion these bani's are not part of sri Guru Granth Sahib ji. Guru Tegh Bahadur ji's bani was added before sri Mundavani. If these bani's were authentic surely they would have been added before sri Mundavani.

In any case more research is required in this field. Another problem is that many puratan saroops were stolen or shaheed during operation bluestar. So it is more difficult to do the required research.

There was a gathering of the panth before saroops of Guru Granth Sahib ji were published and it was decided that these banis were not authentic and they were omitted.

One thing that stands out is that these banis are in the majority of cases after sri Mundavani you can check this by looking at saroops on Panjab Digital Library website.

Gursikhs that believe that sri Guru Granth Sahib ji ends at Mundavani will not accept banis afer this. However Gursikhs that believe Ragmala is the bhog of sri Guru Granth Sahib ji will be more more open minded on this issue. I do not know the stance of Samprada's or Taksal on this issue.

I think these issues should be discussed at panthic level by top scholars of the panth, I feel that discussing such issues on forum will only lead to confusion and useless arguments.

Rabb Rakhe

Edited by osingh1

In the kartarpuri bir these additional bani's appear after sri Mundavani.In my opinion these bani's are not part of sri Guru Granth Sahib ji.

In any case more research is required in this field.

There was a gathering of the panth before saroops of Guru Granth Sahib ji were published and it was decided that these banis were not authentic and they were omitted.

I think these issues should be discussed at panthic level by top scholars of the panth, I feel that discussing such issues on forum will only lead to confusion and useless arguments.

Rabb Rakhe

OSingh Ji, you give your opinion yet say that such issues should be discussed by top level scholars?

I have checked Salok Mahalla 9 is in the Sri Guru Granth Sahib PDF before the saloks of farid and kabir. The other banis you see are consistant with the kartaprpur and bhai banno wali bir

Kam Bhaji, in todays sarups, we see it after the Sloks of Bhagat Farid and Bhagat Kabir Ji dont we?

Has anyone read the banis that have been omitted ?

Are they available online, and in english?

Chatanga ji,

Just sign up to http://www.panjabdigilib.org and you can view numerous saroops. You will notice that 95% of these saroops contain these additional banis. In the saroop on gurmatveecahar, slok Mahalla nauva is on page 833.

The reason I replied was that bhai Kam Singh ji seems to suggest that these additional banis are part of sri Guru Granth Sahib ji.

I am definitely not a top level scholar.

Edited by osingh1

The banis are not part of the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji we see today however the karninama is one of those extra banis shown in that Granth by Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji written in Mecca. Although it is not part of the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji today, parts of it are recited by every Sikh today following ardas. Teh pangti is "Raj Karega Khalsa Akhi Rahai Na Koi Kwaar Hoi Sabh Milingai Bachai Saran Jo Hoi"

There Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Birs written in 1705 which are still dated and available to see today have the Raagmala after the Mundavani. In both of the Granths, following the Raagmala you will see Sri Guru Gobind Singh Jis signiture showing the Raagmala was the Guru's works and not Alams work as the Bhasurias suggest

More research is required in this field. Both sides have their arguments in regards to this subject.

This should be discussed at a panthic level or maybe the status quo should remain ie allow bhog at Mundavani or bhog at Ragamala as per SRM.

Bhai Kam Singh ji, I do not understand your 1st paragraph, surely "Raj Karega Khalsa" was uttered by sri Kalgi Pita, Khalsa was not invented in Guru Nanak Dev ji's time. I am sure this ardas was uttered to Singhs by sri Guru Gobind Singh ji at time of GurGaddi at sri Hazur Sahib.

Rabb Rakhe

Edited by osingh1

I back the status quo which is that bhog of sri Guru Granth Sahib ji can be done at Mundavani or Ragmala as per the SRM.

What's wrong with the panth doing more khoj/research into this issue? If we are going to come to a final decision then more research is required and a gathering of the panth is also required.

The topic being discussed is additional banis such as Ratanmala, Jit Dar, Ratanmala etc. The majority of the panth does not accept these banis as part of sri Guru Granth Sahib ji. I have not heard or read anywhere that these banis should be included in sri Guru Granth Sahib ji.

Edited by osingh1

I simply do not understand what is "suspect" about research.

Chatanga ji, you raised a question in regards to additional banis such as Ratnamala and Hakikat Rah Mukaam. I have stated my opinion saying that these banis should not be included as part of sri Guru Granth Sahib ji. This is my honest opinion. What is your opinion on these banis?

As far as Ragmala or Munadavani is concerned this is a separate issue and has been discussed a million times before as I am sure you are aware. I have noticed that such topics on Ragmala descend into useless arguments and nindya of Gurmukhs. I have respect for Gurmukhs on both sides of this argument and thats why I do not want to discuss this. I am sure there are many more constructive topics to be discussed that can increase our knowledge of Gurmat. I hope you understand.

Edited by osingh1

osingh1 The Karninama is the discourse between Guru nanak Dev Ji and Pir Rukandeen at Meeca where Guru Nanak Dev Ji describes the advent of Guru Gobind Singh Ji coming to the world at the time of Auranga (Aurengzeb along with teh creation of the Khalsa. That Dohra was recited and written down by Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji and not Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji . It is because people regard these apochrypal banis as kachi bani they neither research it or know what part it plays to this panth. No bani is kachi if it was uttered by the true Guru. Raagmala is bani and there should be no doubt esp due to the fact that all the hazoori singhs of guru gobind singh ji wrote the bani into their birs and bhai mani singh ji explains its importance in the gurbilas patshahi 6.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Best way to convert the font is. copy the entire text and paste it in Microsoft Word and then select the entire text and change the font to gurbani font. Can someone do that and then convert it to a pdf file and upload it to this site. I Tried to upload the microsoft word file but it wont let me.

Edited by amritkhalsa

• 6 years later...