Eat Less, Sleep Less, Speak Less

SinghMunda

I've been told by my mum a lot of times that people should eat less, sleep less, and talk less, and this makes sense to me as it gives us more time to be devoted to Parmatma and so that we can do more paath. I also think that the matter of eating less is very important, as this would decrease the number of fat ppl out there (especially aunties and uncles in the Gurdwara :D ). and before ppl start saying that ppl can be fat for a number of reasons, eg not enough time for exercise or illness, generally a lot of ppl are fat cos they eat too much, and should remember that "food is for life" not "life is for food", life is for Parmatma after all

You mata Ji is right!!!

You are one lucky git to have mata ji like that.. vahegurooooooooooooooo

My mata ji on other hand force me to eat more and talk more.. like khaaa laa mera putt... mera putta bhuka seevar da kuch kahda nahii... awww mere mera mera putt... hahahahahahahahaahh :LOL::LOL::LOL:

this comes straight in gurbani :wink:

khanddith nidhraa alap ahaaran naanak thath beechaaro ||8||

Sleep little, and eat little; O Nanak, this is the essence of wisdom. ||8||

Guru Nanak Dev Ji Raag Raamkalee 939

------

gaalhee al palaaleeaa kanm n aavehi mith ||1||

Useless talk and babbling is useless, my friend. ||1||

Guru Arjan Dev Ji Raag Gauree 320

shud just try and onlly eat the amount u really need.

i tried to gve up all the crisps, cakes , chokys - etcccc, but erm :oops: i found one day i kinda gave in in a sense. lolz. but now what i do is i just be AWARE if i need to eat it ornot, and soon anough ill see sense...

:LOL: that was funy neo pageee....

my mum has to hide the biskit box fro us lot... its so funny cus we always find it. Everytime it makes us laugh.

• 2 weeks later...

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh

A friend of mine, made the following posting on my site a few years ago, about the same topic. Helped me out in terms of understanding the message Gurbani was conveying to us:

"Eating and sleeping are two sensory pleasures which the body craves. Although both of these are neccessary for life, unless they are kept under control they can have a negative effect on the mind. Over indulging on food or sleep is not beneficial (I'm sure there are plenty of scientific facts to back this up too). The gurbani advises you to eat and sleep enough to sustain yourself. If you can't control these craving, they will control you. They both constitute a form of greed. Why eat when you are not hungry? Our time is limited and should be devoted to God. Why waste time sleeping?"-Pal

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh

• 2 weeks later...

Vaheguru ji ka khalsaaa, Vaheguru ji ki fatehhhh

Well da First thing dat i will says is this post is good!!! thanx :D U mummy jee right about eat less, sleep less, and talk less!!! its says in Gurbani too like Steel Bangle jee said!!!! I am glad we got person here in sikhawareness that know wat Bani says!!! Read more Bani u will all learn alot of stuff....!!!

I try my best tooo eat less and talk less tooo but sleep less that i cant doo yet!!! I mean i dooo my Amritwale and stuff.....but after that sleep u get.....its too good!!! i luv my sleep!!!! :wink: but i am sure in year time i will start sleep less tooo...!!! coz this post made me too think about alots of stuff......thanx too dat person who write dis post!!!!

I hope didt says nothing wrong!! if i did then i am sorry jee....

Vaheguru ji ka khalsaaa, Vaheguru ji ki fatehhhh.....

AKKKKKKKAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!