Gatka Or Fame Hungry?

I can see the point of it if this was done in India but abroad oh come on now? Do they know, they are dealing with different mindset abroad, they don't understand nor they expected to understand ust an small glimpse demonstration of sikh chivalry....According to their mindset, rightly so they see child being abused.

I think before we show our sikh chivalry we need to go back to basics educate about sikhs and sikh philology etc...i hate when our apne think or assume they can walk anywhere with an sense of entitlement everywhere expecting positive media coverage by pulling out an stunt like this by automatically assuming people already know about sikhs and our history or expect people to automatically know about them.

on a side note: that kid is one tough kid, i won't say he certainly be shastar vidya ustat one day but i am sure any kid in his class would think twice to bully him around everywhere. !!!!!!!

Nevertheless, good exercise ..got the right idea to boast self esteem in kids.

Yes, thats the way to improve self esteem in our children, kneel them on the ground and smash coconuts off their foreheads with a bat! Its not really a test of skill when a Kara is bound to his forehead so that little impact is felt.

Instead, provide children with the real essense of Gurbani, show them the worth of Naam, and train with them every day to make them strong, fit and healthy.

Cant blame the kid for doing this, he doesnt know any better. Those who do these shenanigans are the ones to blame. If they spent their time improving real swordsmanship skills, they would have achieved something more than a circus act.

Instead, provide children with the real essense of Gurbani, show them the worth of Naam, and train with them every day to make them strong, fit and healthy

^^^^Nothing beats that !!

I can see the point of it if this was done in India but abroad oh come on now? Do they know, they are dealing with different mindset abroad, they don't understand nor they expected to understand ust an small glimpse demonstration of sikh chivalry....According to their mindset, rightly so they see child being abused.

I think before we show our sikh chivalry we need to go back to basics educate about sikhs and sikh philology etc...i hate when our apne think or assume they can walk anywhere with an sense of entitlement everywhere expecting positive media coverage by pulling out an stunt like this by automatically assuming people already know about sikhs and our history or expect people to automatically know about them.

true said.