Nishan Sahib - Baba Sri Chand Ji

SURYADEV

I've never noticed this before.

From the parkarma you can see the Nishan Sahib of Baba Sri Chand's Braham Buta Akhara.

I noticed last year that the SGPC were doing 'beautification' work and trying to block any view of Baba Sri Chands gurdwara from inside the parkarma.

Note the peacock feather atop the pole.

Maybe someones got a detailed image of the Nishan Sahib?

May Baba Sri Chand Ji's Nishan be visible for ever!

Dhan Baba Sri Chand Ji, Bal Jati, Shiv Saroop!

post-2934-0-80882300-1342272496_thumb.jp post-2934-0-93719000-1342272543_thumb.jp

Edited by SURYADEV

ok. this concept about Baba Sri Chand being the avatar of Bhagwan Shiv Ji is a recent innovation by the Udasis, coming about in the 1920s, after SIngh Sabha lehar took the gurdwaras from them. The antagonism towards Udasis at that time, led them to move further away from Khalsa Panth, and make some changes to their own religion, in which one of the things they introduced were the belief that Baba Sri Chand was not the founder of the Udasi panth(although personally I believe Guru Nanak Dev Ji to be the founder of this panth myself) but Bhagwan Shiv Ji. I dont know if this was because of their move towards Hindu mat or whether years of fallings from the true heights of the Udasi Mat towards "dunia-dari" but they brought out new literature stating this, and in effect seperating themselves from the Panth.

To add to this they look at Guru Nanak Dev Ji as an avatar of Shri Hari Vishnu, and Baba Lakhmi Das as Brahama Dev.

So what does the Aad Chand respresent? What is Mahakaal?

Also:

Adi Guru Granth Sahib Ang page 1192

ਕਬੀਰਿ ਧਿਆਇਓ ਏਕ ਰੰਗ ॥ कबीरि धिआइओ एक रंग ॥ Kabīr ḏẖi▫ā▫i▫o ek rang. Kabeer meditated on the One Rang.

ਨਾਮਦੇਵ ਹਰਿ ਜੀਉ ਬਸਹਿ ਸੰਗਿ ॥ नामदेव हरि जीउ बसहि संगि ॥ Nāmḏev har jī▫o basėh sang. Naam Dayv lived with DearHar.

ਰਵਿਦਾਸ ਧਿਆਏ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਅਨੂਪ ॥ रविदास धिआए प्रभ अनूप ॥ Raviḏās ḏẖi▫ā▫e parabẖ anūp. Ravi Daas meditated on Prabh Anoop.

ਗੁਰ ਨਾਨਕ ਦੇਵ ਗੋਵਿੰਦ ਰੂਪ ॥੮॥੧॥ गुर नानक देव गोविंद रूप ॥८॥१॥ Gur Nānak ḏev govinḏ rūp. ||8||1|| Guru Nanak Dev is the form of Govind. ||8||1||

Edited by londondajatt

Thats interesting re: origins of Udasi panth, Chatanga.

Another version I read somewhere many years ago was that Udasi -mat was started by one of the four eternal child avtars: ie Sanak, Sanadan, Kumar etc (i think thats the names). I believe they were the children of Brahma.

• 4 weeks later...

Chand is always shown even less than half, almost a quarter or a third, whether it be on Shiv ji, on Islamic or jewsih objects, or on dumalla. Does that have anything at all with the AAD?

• 5 months later...

im gonna go and see next time i go Darbar Sahib. I walked past this one, because one of the people i was with, didnt want to go in. Next time i go, i will have a alook though.

why have Udasis made a murti of Baba Sri Chand though?

even the Ravidasias have made a murti of Bhagat Ravidas.

what is going on in the wolrd?