25 Singh Akhand Path Sahib

DSG

Wahe Guru Ji Ka Khalsa

Wahe Guru Ji Ke Fateh

I was watching the Sangat Channel , where there held a 25 Singh Akhand Path sahib . I'm not too sure how the 25 Singhs were involved , just caught the latter part , where an explanation was done about jot , toof , and water

What are the Sangats views on 25 Singh Akhand Path ?

Should all the Gurudawara , homes adopt this maryada ?

Is it practical ?

Is it splitting the panth ?

Is it actually making sangat more aware ?

In my opinion , the focus should be done more on explanation of Gurbani , making us understand , making the sangat participate ( obviously with showing as much respect as possible to Guru ji)

Any htoughts ?

I don't know of all gurdwaras should adopt this policy, as they are doing what they feel is right.

As for practicality, isn't it better to have more people doing Akhand Paath Sahib than a few?

What panth will be split?

As for making sangat aware, I think they need to be made aware of more pressing matters, than 25 singhs doing akhand paath sahib.

I agree with your opinion, more parchaar should be done by explaining Gurbani to sangat, not just the juicy parts which make people emotional so that they part with their money.

I believe the sangat want to participate, but however, there is lack of education being given in all gurdwaras, right upto the holiest of holy, Harimander Sahib, Hazoor Sahib, etc. There is a myth that you have to be a Gyani or a Raagi to do this seva, i.e. somebody from joe public can't do it.

Its better to have more people doing Akhand Path sahib, as if a few people do the seva, then there is a problem of tiredness, etc, concentration, etc.

Edited by unbreakable

i think it was 25 singhs.

I'd like to know what they were actually doing. I know that DDT recommend 5 singhs, all with their own duties. But i cant see what you would get 25 guys to do.

You would get them to do couple of hours each, I think the ddt 5 singh recommendation is the minimum, as anything less than that it would get tiresome

FRom what i picked up and understood

x amount of singhs to do japji sahib path

x amount of singhs to fo Akhand Path

x amount of sings as guards

x amount of sings to top up/ight jot,tuuf

x amount of singhs to do chor-e

Whether its an issue , what maryada shoud we follow ?

if one gurudawara is following one maryada , creating there own standards , another using there own , now recently 25 singhs ,

Shouldnt all gurudawaras follow one maryada ?

hence if someone/family want to do akhand path , they have these options , causes confusion , causes break up of the panth

I have seen maryada already defined as how akhand path shoud be done , bhog shoud be done , etc...

if one gurudawara is following one maryada , creating there own standards , another using there own , now recently 25 singhs ,

hence if someone/family want to do akhand path , they have these options , causes confusion , causes break up of the panth

I have seen maryada already defined as how akhand path shoud be done , bhog shoud be done , etc...

NEWSFLASH - panth is already broken (long topic)

Who will enforce this Maryada? What does the Sikh Rehit say on this?

problem with the maryada card is you will get loads of so called two penny scholars, (basically anybody who can hold a pen) saying "oh yes but, according to the records found in the british library, there was a witness, blah blah blah"....

This really is a non-issue.

What you should be saying is it necessary for Gurdwaras to have multiple akhand paaths starting simultaneously, i.e. 10 akhand paaths at the same time, or 20, etc.

I think you are making a issue out of nothing here, there are plenty more pressing topics which should be concentrated on, that are being ignored.

OK maybe this is a real issue for those who pay to have akhand paths done?

Now that there are 25 bods who are doing path on your behalf , you need to pay so much more money.

in other words having akhand paths done is now a rich mans game.

(or am I just grasping at straws and looking for problems?)

OK maybe this is a real issue for those who pay to have akhand paths done?

Now that there are 25 bods who are doing path on your behalf , you need to pay so much more money.

in other words having akhand paths done is now a rich mans game.

(or am I just grasping at straws and looking for problems?)

just straws bruh, just straws....you opening a stable????

I dont think its a non issue , if we dont have any rules , regulations , standards to follow then I see different gurudawara ( probably are already) doing there own thing , and who ever likes it for some reason will follow that , hence creating their own following.

If it started with A

then got changed to A B

then A B C

then A B C D

then A B C D E

who knows where it wil end up .

is it too ate ?

is it worth it ?

will it make any difference ?

I think its not too late , and is worth setting standards and will make a difference for the next generation , as i have had young ask questions what is a maryada Gurudawaras should follow , ( i'm confused my self )

How should Gurudawaras follow rules and regulations ?

What rehit/maryada should be folowed ?

• 1 year later...

5 singhs to do japji sahib path

5 singhs to fo Akhand Path

5 singhs as guards

5 singhs to top up/ight jot,tuff

5 singhs to do chor-e

that equals a 25 singh bhog

25/5=5

5x5=25

so essentialy your correct ddt, budha dal mean 5 singhs to do each role