Saachkhand/Jesus

SinghMunda

Just to add to all of this.. In part of the Vichitar Natak God is talking to Guru Gobind Singh Ji, giving him orders, and telling him how he created demons and gods who came to this world and did not give man the true name of the Alimighty God…here’s the section which would be relevant to this post:

“I then created Mohammed, and made him king of Arabia. He too established a religion of his own, Cut off the foreskins of his followers, And made everyone repeat his name; But no one fixed the true name in man’s heart. All these were wrapped up in themselves, And none of them recognised Me, the Supreme Beingâ€

This English translation is from page 299 of “The Sikh Religion†Volume 5, Max Arthur Macauliffe.

Here are some quotes from Christian Scriptures which emphasise that Jesus was not as great as most people make out to be. In the UK, schools and media try and brainwash us into Christianity, so we are made to think Jesus was a brilliant man, but read the following.

In Matthew 15,-24, when a Canaanite woman came crying to Christ because her daughter was grieviosly vexed by mental dieased and asked Jesus for help, Jesus declined, and said, “I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of Israelâ€, and then he said, “It is not fair to take childrens bread and to cast it to the dogsâ€, and in Matthew 15-26, he further says, “Give not that which is holy unto dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine lest they trample them under your feetâ€.

Basically Jesus refused to help people of other faiths. The Sikh Guru’s would never have done such a thing. Also in John 8:44, Jesus calls the Jews father the devil, despite being a Jew himself at birth.

Jesus may have been a great man in some aspects, I respect him but he did do some stuff such as the above which isnt good. I am not going against Christianity or Islam just stating what it says in scriptures. Sorry for any offence caused.

Guest Javanmard

If you want to talk about christianity: learn it properly: know its history, its branches its languages (greek, latin) and then talk about.

Christian and Muslim missionaries get quite confused with me because i know their religion better than them themselves. After ten minutes they give up§ They only target ignorant people who can't defend themselves intellectually!!!!

Khalsa Jio weapons can be intellectual as well! :D

gurjit_sehmi:

Jesus may have been a great man in some aspects

May have been yes, because I believe Jesus never existed.He is a Jewish(?) version of the dying and resurrecting godman before the Jesus myth like: Osiris, Dionysus/Bachus, Attis, Mithras etc.Check out:

http://home.earthlink.net/~pgwhacker/ChristianOrigins/

http://www.truthbeknown.com/christmyth.htm

http://www.holysmoke.org/hs02/mithra8.htm

Read:

The Jesus Mysteries by Timothy Freke & Peter Gandy

Jesus and the Goddess by Timothy Freke & Peter Gandy

The Jesus Myth by Prof. G. A. Wells

Do tell me lalleshvari, do you believe Jesus existed?I have done quite a bit of research inot the figure of Jesus, and have come to the conclusion after several years of research, that he never actually existed.The Jesus story is a Jewish(?) myth.

Did you know that Dionysus was crucified?Did you know that Attis (along with many other godmen before Jesus story) was born on the 25th December?Dig deeper. :D

Dionysis the Areopagite and his divine darkness rocks my boat baby

Yes, interesting, "dazzling darkness" and all that.I wonder what that's all about?When divine light has nothing to reflect off of, then is it known as dazzling darkness?Is this when instead of experiencing, you become what is being experienced?

The thing is, this "divine darkness" is not mentioned in Gurbani.We have to go beyond all of this conceptualising, intellectualising of Vahiguru.I believe only Naam will do that, once it is received ofcourse :cry: