What Is The Meaning Of Gurprasad In Sikhism ?

Gurparsad means kirpa(grace) of Guru (Gyan saroop Guru). Guru Means Gu(darkness) Ru(light) bringing one from darkness to Light, Parsad means - Kirpa(grace) so combined- Gurparsad means kirpa/grace of Guru.

Gurparsad also means on deep spiritual level as Consciousnesses bliss- Gur(Chaitan- Consciousness) and parsad- Anand- Bliss

Gurparsad means with the kirpa of Guru one can meet Parmeshar (god).

The second meaning by N30 Singh jee cannot be done according to viaakaran (grammer) rules. Gurparsad has a sihari on the dhadda indicating "Guru di kirpa naal". Please check the word Parsaad in Gurbani, everytime the word comes with sihaari, it means "kirpa naal" as far as I am aware.

• 1 year later...

Though the meaning of Gurprasad, is not usually understood in the right perspective ....neverthless, what veer N30 Singh states, and the meaning he gives, is acceptable.

Because when you have taken the shelter under the Guru, He gives you only what He has .....

And He, only has "bharpoor bhandaar" of the wealth of Nam, and from that "anmol khazana", He gives us a particle as "parsad", out of His "daya", His "meher", which fills us with His Consciousness and anand or bliss.

So in this way, Gurparsad is acceptable in both the ways also.

Waheguru!

Edited by harsharan000

Thanks Harsharan ji for your post, just to provide further clarity and give reference.

Here sri man sant gurbachan singh khalsa bhindranwale gives two meaning of Gurparsad both- nirgun and sargun, please see attachment-

post-3-0-97734800-1390665398_thumb.jpg

Both sargun and nirgun arth of gurparsad are parvan in Gurmat.

At higher stage, estoeric gyan layer meaning of gurparsad- consciouness bliss is perceived but in order to be spontaneously naturally drawn to that kind of meaning or perception - Gurparsad (kirpa from guru) is inherently present in existence in order to be in the stage or spiritually drawn towards that kind of understanding/perception at the first place.

so both sargun and nirgun arths are intertwine with each other.

• 6 months later...

in Japji Sahib / Mool Mantra context, the word 'Gur" is it referring to Guru or Waheguru Himself. To me when I read the whole mool mantra I feel the word refer to Guruji who through a Guru (his kirpa) that we will meet Waheguru. Am I right?

Gurparsad means with the kirpa of Guru one can meet Parmeshar (god).

The second meaning by N30 Singh jee cannot be done according to viaakaran (grammer) rules. Gurparsad has a sihari on the dhadda indicating "Guru di kirpa naal". Please check the word Parsaad in Gurbani, everytime the word comes with sihaari, it means "kirpa naal" as far as I am aware.

taksal doesnt use viakran,

Sant Jarnail singh ji used to say

viakran is according to gurbani

not gurbani is according to viakran

heard it from taksali singh

• 5 years later...

Gurprasad, is the blessings which one receives from the Guru, the Parsad from the Guru.

What does one usually do when one receives the parsad? 

One usually intakes it, isn´t it?

In the following anmol bachans of Third Patshahee  He tells us:

ਹਰਿ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਕਥਾ ਸਰੇਸਟ ਊਤਮ ਗੁਰ ਬਚਨੀ ਸਹਜੇ ਚਾਖੀ ॥

Har Anmrith Kathhaa Saraesatt Ootham Gur Bachanee Sehajae Chaakhee ||

Through the Guru's Teachings, they intuitively taste the sublime, exquisite and ambrosial sermon of the Lord.

Here He is telling us, that Guru Jee gives us His teachings, His gyan as parsad, which if we intake it, practice it, follow it faithfully, we shall taste the Amrit Naam. 

This is the apaar wadeeayee of Guru Jee, for giving us such parsad , by which if we taste it, we get cleansed from all our sins, not any otherwise, thus  become worthy to merge our minuscule drop soul, in the Infinite Satnam Samundar.

Stay blessed.

SSA.

• 3 months later...