what puts people off taking amrit?

Have you taken amrit?  

19 members have voted

1. 1.

• No
    • yes
    • am hoping to soon

what do you think puts people off taking amrit? i haven't taken amrit myself and i was just wondering what the amrit dhari people and the non amritdhari people think is the reasoning behind it- not just my reasons but why there are thousands of sikhs who are non amritdhari.

because people are lazy and dont have enough faith in god and guru. would you rather wake up at 1 am and have a cold shower or wake up at 10 and have a hot soak later on? gurbani says the beginning of the spiritual path is like licking a rock (ie not very fun) but when naam raas is obtained people never look back.

im hoping to take amrit within 2 years. if you are properly prepared then the experience is life changing, many arent prepared and often break their rehat. alot of people dont bother at all because its too much hard work and waste their life.

Gurfateh

I think people believe Amrit will restrict their life, as in no enjoying yourself, doing normal things. This is not true. One Singhani said something to me once, which I never forgot, she said 'People are worried about looking after their Amrit, when in actual fact Amrit looks after YOU'. I found this very inspiring, and it's absolutely true.

Gurfateh

Gurfateh

One Singhani said something to me once, which I never forgot, she said 'People are worried about looking after their Amrit, when in actual fact Amrit looks after YOU'. I found this very inspiring, and it's absolutely true.

Gurfateh

SSA

that is very inspiring ...

for long i believed those who do lot of paath are pakandhis perhaps that were the kind of people i ever saw . ..after realising that not evryone is like that i am trying to change ..its hard for someone who stopped going to gurdwara for 6 years , i am still thankfull to the frnd who took me to gurdwara forcefully one day and it changed my life...now i always seem to get answers to my questions in the hukumnamah.....after i started doing paath myself i realised what sikhi was all about and the people who cheat others even after doing paath are cheating themselves not anyone else...

its kind of vicious circle and its very difficult to take the first step, really difficult ....and this happens only when Waheguru wants it to happen..

i do japji sahib right now , will learn other paaths as well soon ..god willing wish to take amrit soon .

wjkk wjkf

Another factor is ...Peer Pressure. :oops::oops::oops:

Especially when you'll be the only one there. Growing up in totally a 'gora' society is bit hard..and on the same hand trying to practice your relgion. :cry: :cry: I know its possible, but again you know peer pressure.

I know we shouldn't worry about what others have to say, but some how its like automatically..Especially where the whole crowd knows nothing about Sikhism or that it even exists. Makes it a lot easier when you got least some sangat....and especially where I live, No gurudwara or anything. Probably the nearest gurudwara is ..like a 4 hr plane ride.

Anyways, no offence to anyone...But you know as they say...keep on trying...and me is.