The Most Amazing Blog I Have Ever Seen

PAL 07

• 2 weeks later...

great ! very knowledgeable...but one thing is ..i dont understand why is there hindu phobia ? the Udasis do not regard the Sanatan Dharam as untouchable like the neo modern Singh Sabhia mentality .

Guru Gobindsinghji's favorite 'kavya' was suppose to be Hanuman Natak by Pundit Hriday Ram ji . Jaap Sahib, Guru Maharaj's composition has Farsi words to praise Akaal...Puratan Sikhi had all the elements of the scenario of those times .

http://tisarpanth.blogspot.co.uk/

I will begin reading this and share my critical appraisal aswell if any.

Thanks for sharing bhaji! It really is awesome!

This article I liked in particular coz I've been looking for a good explanation since quite a while...

http://tisarpanth.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/aad-chand-whats-big-deal.html

The comparison of aad-chand with degh-tegh is really good! I've never come across is before.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for sharing bhaji! It really is awesome!

This article I liked in particular coz I've been looking for a good explanation since quite a while...

http://tisarpanth.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/aad-chand-whats-big-deal.html

The comparison of aad-chand with degh-tegh is really good! I've never come across is before.

Somethings r ok ..some just exaggerated ...specially the one abt Devi...he goes to the conclusion that devi is the slave of Guru Gobindsingh ji ..he is full of anti hindu zeal thats what i can conclude ..he still is to understand the concept of Shakti in Khalsa

Somethings r ok ..some just exaggerated ...specially the one abt Devi...he goes to the conclusion that devi is the slave of Guru Gobindsingh ji ..he is full of anti hindu zeal thats what i can conclude ..he still is to understand the concept of Shakti in Khalsa

Not making any anti-Hindu, anti-Sikh comment but it does show depth. Hes getting there slowly. We just cannot label him as an anti-Hindu Zealot straight away.

great ! very knowledgeable...but one thing is ..i dont understand why is there hindu phobia ? the Udasis do not regard the Sanatan Dharam as untouchable like the neo modern Singh Sabhia mentality .

Guru Gobindsinghji's favorite 'kavya' was suppose to be Hanuman Natak by Pundit Hriday Ram ji . Jaap Sahib, Guru Maharaj's composition has Farsi words to praise Akaal...Puratan Sikhi had all the elements of the scenario of those times .

Lol some of it is hilarious, esp that last part.

"From a Gurmat perspective Hanuman can represent a Sikh, whereas Ram Chandar can be viewed as a metaphor for Ram."

Edited by BhagatSingh

Veer ji,

Hanuman ji is a Sikh of Ram Chandar ji. And Ram Chandar ji is Parbrahmn. He is one of the avtaars of Shri Hari; one of the famous Das Avtaar. Krishan ji explains in Bhagwad Gita that when He takes avtaar, He only appears human to human perception but in reality He is Parmatma.

Edited by BhagatSingh

• 2 weeks later...

And Ram Chandar ji is Parbrahmn. He is one of the avtaars of Shri Hari; one of the famous Das Avtaar. Krishan ji explains in Bhagwad Gita that when He takes avtaar, He only appears human to human perception but in reality He is Parmatma.

Guru Sahib has explained all this in Sri Dasam Granth.

Parmatma is Ajoni asper Mool Mantar. Should we as Sikhs accept that Parbraham took birth via Devaki's womb?

So mukh jalo Je Thakur yoni

ਸੋ ਮੁਖੁ ਜਲਉ ਜਿਤੁ ਕਹਹਿ ਠਾਕੁਰੁ ਜੋਨੀ ॥੩॥

There's a lot of misinformation out there. The fact is Parmatma was born to Mata Devaki and then raised by Mata Yashoda as Shri Krishn. And this is why Guru Arjan Dev ji warns against calling Him (Krishan ji) jooni because in reality He is Ajuni.

ੴ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ॥

One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:

ਧਨਿ ਧੰਨਿ ਓ ਰਾਮ ਬੇਨੁ ਬਾਜੈ ॥

Blessed, blessed is that flute which the Lord plays.

ਮਧੁਰ ਮਧੁਰ ਧੁਨਿ ਅਨਹਤ ਗਾਜੈ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

The sweet, sweet unstruck sound current sings forth. ||1||Pause||

ਧਨਿ ਧਨਿ ਮੇਘਾ ਰੋਮਾਵਲੀ ॥

Blessed, blessed is the wool of the sheep;

ਧਨਿ ਧਨਿ ਕ੍ਰਿਸਨ ਓਢੈ ਕਾਂਬਲੀ ॥੧॥

blessed, blessed is the wool blanket worn by Shri Krishna. ||1||

ਧਨਿ ਧਨਿ ਤੂ ਮਾਤਾ ਦੇਵਕੀ ॥

Blessed, blessed are you, O mother Devaki;

ਜਿਹ ਗ੍ਰਿਹ ਰਮਈਆ ਕਵਲਾਪਤੀ ॥੨॥

into your home the all pervading Husband of Kamla (Mata Lakshmi) was born. ||2||

ਧਨਿ ਧਨਿ ਬਨ ਖੰਡ ਬਿੰਦ੍ਰਾਬਨਾ ॥

Blessed, blessed are the forests of Brindaaban;

ਜਹ ਖੇਲੈ ਸ੍ਰੀ ਨਾਰਾਇਨਾ ॥੩॥

where Shri Narayana played. ||3||

ਬੇਨੁ ਬਜਾਵੈ ਗੋਧਨੁ ਚਰੈ ॥

He plays the flute, and herds the cows;

ਨਾਮੇ ਕਾ ਸੁਆਮੀ ਆਨਦ ਕਰੈ ॥੪॥੧॥

Nam Dev's Master plays happily. ||4||1||

ਮੇਰੋ ਬਾਪੁ ਮਾਧਉ ਤੂ ਧਨੁ ਕੇਸੌ ਸਾਂਵਲੀਓ ਬੀਠੁਲਾਇ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

O my Father, Husband of my Mother (Mata Lakshmi), blessed are You, long-haired, dark-skinned, Veethala (another avtaar of Parmatma). ||1||Pause||

ਕਰ ਧਰੇ ਚਕ੍ਰ ਬੈਕੁੰਠ ਤੇ ਆਏ ਗਜ ਹਸਤੀ ਕੇ ਪ੍ਰਾਨ ਉਧਾਰੀਅਲੇ ॥

You hold the steel chakra in Your hand; You came down from Baikunth (where Shri Hari resides), and saved the life of the elephant (who was attacked, and was trapped in the tight jaws of a crocodile when he went to take a drink in a pool).

ਦੁਹਸਾਸਨ ਕੀ ਸਭਾ ਦ੍ਰੋਪਤੀ ਅੰਬਰ ਲੇਤ ਉਬਾਰੀਅਲੇ ॥੧॥

In the court of Duhshasan, You saved the honor of Dropadi, when her clothes were being removed. ||1||

ਗੋਤਮ ਨਾਰਿ ਅਹਲਿਆ ਤਾਰੀ ਪਾਵਨ ਕੇਤਕ ਤਾਰੀਅਲੇ ॥

You saved Ahliyaa (who was turned to stone), the wife of Gautam; how many have You purified and carried across?

ਐਸਾ ਅਧਮੁ ਅਜਾਤਿ ਨਾਮਦੇਉ ਤਉ ਸਰਨਾਗਤਿ ਆਈਅਲੇ ॥੨॥੨॥

Such a lowly outcaste as Naam Dev has come seeking Your Sanctuary. ||2||2||

I hope that clears any doubts.

Guru Sahib has explained all this in Sri Dasam Granth.

Chatanga do you have the page numbers I can look at. I read Guru Granth Sahib more so I am not as familiar with Shri Dasam Granth.

Edited by BhagatSingh

• 2 months later...

ਸੋ ਮੁਖੁ ਜਲਉ ਜਿਤੁ ਕਹਹਿ ਠਾਕੁਰੁ ਜੋਨੀ ॥੩॥

There's a lot of misinformation out there. The fact is Parmatma was born to Mata Devaki and then raised by Mata Yashoda as Shri Krishn. And this is why Guru Arjan Dev ji warns against calling Him (Krishan ji) jooni because in reality He is Ajuni.

ੴ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ॥

One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:

ਧਨਿ ਧੰਨਿ ਓ ਰਾਮ ਬੇਨੁ ਬਾਜੈ ॥

Blessed, blessed is that flute which the Lord plays.

ਮਧੁਰ ਮਧੁਰ ਧੁਨਿ ਅਨਹਤ ਗਾਜੈ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

The sweet, sweet unstruck sound current sings forth. ||1||Pause||

ਧਨਿ ਧਨਿ ਮੇਘਾ ਰੋਮਾਵਲੀ ॥

Blessed, blessed is the wool of the sheep;

ਧਨਿ ਧਨਿ ਕ੍ਰਿਸਨ ਓਢੈ ਕਾਂਬਲੀ ॥੧॥

blessed, blessed is the wool blanket worn by Shri Krishna. ||1||

ਧਨਿ ਧਨਿ ਤੂ ਮਾਤਾ ਦੇਵਕੀ ॥

Blessed, blessed are you, O mother Devaki;

ਜਿਹ ਗ੍ਰਿਹ ਰਮਈਆ ਕਵਲਾਪਤੀ ॥੨॥

into your home the all pervading Husband of Kamla (Mata Lakshmi) was born. ||2||

ਧਨਿ ਧਨਿ ਬਨ ਖੰਡ ਬਿੰਦ੍ਰਾਬਨਾ ॥

Blessed, blessed are the forests of Brindaaban;

ਜਹ ਖੇਲੈ ਸ੍ਰੀ ਨਾਰਾਇਨਾ ॥੩॥

where Shri Narayana played. ||3||

ਬੇਨੁ ਬਜਾਵੈ ਗੋਧਨੁ ਚਰੈ ॥

He plays the flute, and herds the cows;

ਨਾਮੇ ਕਾ ਸੁਆਮੀ ਆਨਦ ਕਰੈ ॥੪॥੧॥

Nam Dev's Master plays happily. ||4||1||

ਮੇਰੋ ਬਾਪੁ ਮਾਧਉ ਤੂ ਧਨੁ ਕੇਸੌ ਸਾਂਵਲੀਓ ਬੀਠੁਲਾਇ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

O my Father, Husband of my Mother (Mata Lakshmi), blessed are You, long-haired, dark-skinned, Veethala (another avtaar of Parmatma). ||1||Pause||

ਕਰ ਧਰੇ ਚਕ੍ਰ ਬੈਕੁੰਠ ਤੇ ਆਏ ਗਜ ਹਸਤੀ ਕੇ ਪ੍ਰਾਨ ਉਧਾਰੀਅਲੇ ॥

You hold the steel chakra in Your hand; You came down from Baikunth (where Shri Hari resides), and saved the life of the elephant (who was attacked, and was trapped in the tight jaws of a crocodile when he went to take a drink in a pool).

ਦੁਹਸਾਸਨ ਕੀ ਸਭਾ ਦ੍ਰੋਪਤੀ ਅੰਬਰ ਲੇਤ ਉਬਾਰੀਅਲੇ ॥੧॥

In the court of Duhshasan, You saved the honor of Dropadi, when her clothes were being removed. ||1||

ਗੋਤਮ ਨਾਰਿ ਅਹਲਿਆ ਤਾਰੀ ਪਾਵਨ ਕੇਤਕ ਤਾਰੀਅਲੇ ॥

You saved Ahliyaa (who was turned to stone), the wife of Gautam; how many have You purified and carried across?

ਐਸਾ ਅਧਮੁ ਅਜਾਤਿ ਨਾਮਦੇਉ ਤਉ ਸਰਨਾਗਤਿ ਆਈਅਲੇ ॥੨॥੨॥

Such a lowly outcaste as Naam Dev has come seeking Your Sanctuary. ||2||2||

http://www.gurmatveechar.com/audios/Katha/01_Puratan_Katha/Sant_Gurbachan_Singh_%28Bhindran_wale%29/Guru_Granth_Sahib_Larivaar_Katha/Volume_11_Ang_0975-1070/014--Sant.Gurbachan.Singh.%28Bhindran.wale%29--Raag.Malli.Gourha--Ang-988.%28Bhagat.Bani%29.mp3

This shabad is on page 988 and is written by Namdev and not the 5th Guru as you state. Also Guru Jee refers to God as Krishna and not the Krishna son of Devki as you claim.

It is, I have like 20 tabs bookmarked for future reading (will try to understand, as my mind evolves and is allowed to).

Highlights a main point, the majority of the panth was nihang, and we lose many youth with too much of a focus on peace.

Remember war is not just with guns, and swords.

It is up here,

VJKVJF.

Oh yes i didn't see the one above. However both shabads dont't refer to the Krishna that was the yug pursh of Dwarpur Yug but to akaal purakh. So i would say that you are mstaken there.

Perhaps both sargun and nirgun arths are accepted. To me gurmat sidhant is pretty clear cut in where sargun and nirgun is advait Ikongkar and bhakti and gyan are blended together, where there is no duality as such.

• 2 weeks later...

here is another opinion

This
Shabad is by Bhagat Kabeer Ji in
Salok Kabeer Jee on Pannaa 1374

kbIr rwm khn mih Bydu hY qw mih eyku ibcwru ]
kabeer raam kehan mehi bhaedh hai thaa mehi eaek bichaar ||
Kabeer, it does make a difference, how you chant the Lord's Name, 'Raam'. This is something to consider. soeI rwmu sBY khih soeI kauqkhwr ]190]
soee raam sabhai kehehi soee kouthakehaar ||190||
Everyone uses the same word for the son of Dasrath and the Wondrous Lord. ||190||

I think that both are acceptable.....

If Bhagat Namdev saw God through sri Krishan then who is to say it was wrong, God wasnt concerned with who he saw him through just that his love was imeasurable. If bhagat dhanna saw god through a stone it wasnt the stone but the bhagats love that opened the way.....

SAACH KAHO SUNN LEYO SABHE , JIN PREM KIYO TIN HI PRABH PAYO (Guru Gobind Singh ji )

The same way we as SIkhs, see God through Guru Nanak, Bhagat Namdevs link back to God was through Krishan
if someone Sees God in a tree who is to say he is wrong, but if he says God is ONLY in the tree then he hasnt understood.....

Guru Nanak was not God but God was Guru Nanak - and krishan and jesus and budha and you and me... EK OANGKAAARRR....

Guru Gobind Singh ji also says in Chandi Di Vaar

ਤੈ ਹੀ ਦੁਰਗਾ ਸਾਜਿ ਕੈ ਦੈਤਾ ਦਾ ਨਾਸੁ ਕਰਾਇਆ ॥
O Lord! By creating Durga, Thou hast caused the destruction of demons.

ਤੈਥੋਂ ਹੀ ਬਲੁ ਰਾਮ ਲੈ ਨਾਲ ਬਾਣਾ ਦਹਸਿਰੁ ਘਾਇਆ ॥
Rama received power from Thee and he killed Ravana with arrows.

ਤੈਥੋਂ ਹੀ ਬਲੁ ਕ੍ਰਿਸਨ ਲੈ ਕੰਸੁ ਕੇਸੀ ਪਕੜਿ ਗਿਰਾਇਆ ॥
Krishna received power from Thee and he threw down Kansa by catching his hair.

ਬਡੇ ਬਡੇ ਮੁਨਿ ਦੇਵਤੇ ਕਈ ਜੁਗ ਤਿਨੀ ਤਨੁ ਤਾਇਆ ॥
The great sages and gods, even practising great austerities for several ages;

ਕਿਨੀ ਤੇਰਾ ਅੰਤੁ ਨ ਪਾਇਆ ॥੨॥
None could know Thy end.2.

All was from power of Vaheguru....
depends on what you see - do you see one? or do you see many diferent?

Edited by taran0

kbIr rwm khn mih Bydu hY qw mih eyku ibcwru ]

kabeer raam kehan mehi bhaedh hai thaa mehi eaek bichaar ||

Kabeer, it does make a difference, how you chant the Lord's Name, 'Raam'. This is something to consider. soeI rwmu sBY khih soeI kauqkhwr ]190]

soee raam sabhai kehehi soee kouthakehaar ||190||

Everyone uses the same word for the son of Dasrath and the Wondrous Lord. ||190||

Taran, while you are correct to say that it's the Prem that matters ultimately, that shabad has been translated incorrectly. The English translation is very misleading. If you read the gurmukhi, there is no mention of "son of Dashrath" or any different kind of Ram. If you read the rest of Kabir bani you see he never mentions any difference between the two and uses both to refer to the same thing.

ਕਬੀਰ ਰਾਮ ਕਹਨ ਮਹਿ ਭੇਦੁ ਹੈ ਤਾ ਮਹਿ ਏਕੁ ਬਿਚਾਰੁ ॥

Kabīr rām kahan mėh bẖeḏ hai ṯā mėh ek bicẖār.

Kabir says there is a difference in how one says "Ram", let me share one thought.

ਸੋਈ ਰਾਮੁ ਸਭੈ ਕਹਹਿ ਸੋਈ ਕਉਤਕਹਾਰ ॥੧੯੦॥

So▫ī rām sabẖai kahėh so▫ī ka▫uṯakhār. ||190||

All (saints) say "Ram" and so do the ka▫uṯakhār, those who perform miracles or entertain.

(i.e. the saints chant Ram because they have Prem for Ram. The kautakhar chant Ram to obtain ridhi sidhi, power to perform miracles, which they will show off. The latter have Prem for ridhi sidhi not Ram.)

ਕਬੀਰ ਰਾਮੈ ਰਾਮ ਕਹੁ ਕਹਿਬੇ ਮਾਹਿ ਬਿਬੇਕ ॥

Kabīr rāmai rām kaho kahibe māhi bibek.

Kabir says do say "Ram" but in saying it recognize this difference/ this thought (bibek).

ਏਕੁ ਅਨੇਕਹਿ ਮਿਲਿ ਗਇਆ ਏਕ ਸਮਾਨਾ ਏਕ ॥੧੯੧॥

Ėk anekėh mil ga▫i▫ā ek samānā ek. ||191||

That one merged in the many, and one merged in the One.

(That those who were after the power to perform miracles merged with those powers, meaning they never achieved mukti. But those (saints) who were after Ram merged with Him, the One.)

They are both doing Bhagati but their intentions are worlds apart, this is what Kabir is talking about in this shabad. The bibek you need to have to do Bhagati matters as it ultimately determines what result you get.

Edited by BhagatSingh