KESH: HAIR CARE

Guest Javanmard

Guest Javanmard

No nothing controversial this time ( are you really Lalleshvari??? :shock: ). In this topic I would like to discuss the way we take care of Guru Gobind SIngh's gift to us: kesh.

1. How to keap it healthy?

2.How to avoid split ends?

3. What shampoos to use?

4. What oils to use?

6. Any grandma recipies?

7. Other nice stuff?

Thank you. Please it's not a theological discussion here. We'll be only talking about hair care as such so that we can all learn about each others beauty secrets :oops:

love to all lalleshvari

1. How to keap it healthy? - do what im about to say:

2.How to avoid split ends? - ive had v. few so i dunno

3. What shampoos to use? - wash every other day...i use some natural stuff and head and shoulders, i dont usually mess about with other conditioners they dont do alot.

4. What oils to use? - mustard oil!!!!!! dont touch that articifial baby oil...mustard oil is the original and best!

6. Any grandma recipies? - nope

7. Other nice stuff? - wash (wet) your hair ever day, but use shampoo every other day. dont hairdry too often, comb whilst wet and after oiling only to minimise tangles/breaking of hair, use a KANGHA only, keep covered with a keski!

Yougurt.

:D

muller corner or whatever, but get some yoghurt.

OMG, that reminds me of my Grandma's Recepies. When i was a kid don't know why and how, someone washed my hair with Yougert. :oops:

I think it was a sick joke my sisters played or something but its too far back to remember why they did it.

After i wash my hair, my mum always say, Chal Deepak ajj Tail ( Oil ) lava Valla nu. and i always run away and do it my self. So Mustard oil rulessss!!!!!!!!!

get yougurt and wash your hair, when you come out then put oil on it. (mustard is good)

only problem is that if you wash your hair at night, you pillow cases will get a patch of oil stains on it. :D

to get rid of split ends you need to cut them off :shock: But thats against some people maryada. :twisted:

Mugermach Singh : to get rid of split ends you need to cut them off :shock: But thats against some people maryada. :twisted:

GOODNESS GRACIOUS. MIND YOUR WORDS. THEY MAKE A POOR IMPACT. :roll:

IMPORTANT FACT ABOUT WASHING/CONDITIONING(?) WITH YOGURT:

It has to be LIVE yogurt.I heard that live yogurt (dahi) is very good for dandruff/itchy scalp.I hear that the bacteria in live yogurt kills off the microbes responsible for excessive dandruff/itchy scalp.If you have a problem with itchy scalp, then try it.Pat the dahi onto your scalp, leave for 30 mins or more, then rinse and shampoo.I haven't done it for years though :LOL:

I believe you should shampoo your hair thoroughly every two days, not every other day in temperate climes, but every other day in hot climates.

Live Yougurt.?? explain im a bit thick!!!

also, as to the question how to avoid split ends, the answer i gave was

to get rid of split ends you need to cut them off But thats against some people maryada.

this is the only way i know to get rid of them. Although its agaisnt some people marayada becasue not all people believe in Uncut Kesh.

Guest Javanmard

I have actually. There is actually a condition existing in our community only called SIkh alopecia. I think it comes from the fact that many people keep their dastar on all the time: very bad for your hair! :D

For Muger Mach Singh Ji: Live yogurt is where the bacteria in yogurt is still alive.Home made dahi is live yogurt.You can also get tasty live yogurts in supermarkets.Strawberry flavour etc, but I wouldn't recommend putting that yogurt on your hair :LOL:

The bacteria in live yogurt is very good for your digestion and general well being.Just eat home made dahi!Yum-yum :D