Dasam Patshah De Paalit Puttar

SikhKhoj

History records 4 sons the tenth Guru Ji had adopted, said to be Baba Zorawar Singh, Ajit Singh, Charan Singh and Panjab Singh. I have only read about the former two, not much info about the latter two, anyone here does?

Baba Zorawar Singh was a young child who had defeated Sahibzada Zorawar Singh and thus got the same name as Sahibzada and started living with the Gurus, he became shaheed at a tender age in a battle.

Ajit Singh on the other hand lived with Mata Ji even till Delhi but became a traitor to the Sikh cause as he proclaimed to be the next Guru, he was executed by the Moghuls (I think for insulting Islam).

Anyone more information on these, and also adopted sons daughters of other Gurus? Didn't 7th Patshah also have an adopted daughter?

I also came across references to another adopted son of Guru Gobind Singh (in Ganda Singh's edited publication of Sainapati's GurSobha) who had once defeated one of the sahibzadas in a wrestling match. Apparently he was one of the few that managed to fight his way out of Chamkaur. He later died attacking a fort whilst accompanying dasmesh pita on his journey southward (probably when Guru ji was on the way to meet Bahadur Shah/Aurengzaab).

^^

Just checked it, you are right, it was another young Sikh soldier named Zorawar Singh, who was raised up with his family in the Guru's service.

It's a shame that Ganda Singh doesn't give the source(s) of the information about this very interesting Singh and his family.

• 2 weeks later...

baba zorawar singh jee was not executed in battle, his history is in bassi pathana near fatehgarh sahib, here is katha on him, i am from bassi pathana (well my nanke are ) and there has been lots of research going on by gurmukhs, its starts at 12:25

and it continues in the beggining here

id listen to all the vids this kathawachak is amazing but here anyways

• 4 weeks later...

I also came across references to another adopted son of Guru Gobind Singh (in Ganda Singh's edited publication of Sainapati's GurSobha) who had once defeated one of the sahibzadas in a wrestling match. Apparently he was one of the few that managed to fight his way out of Chamkaur. He later died attacking a fort whilst accompanying dasmesh pita on his journey southward (probably when Guru ji was on the way to meet Bahadur Shah/Aurengzaab).

Can you share these with us please?

Is Gur Sobha available to buy at all?

• 1 month later...

Can you share these with us please?

Is Gur Sobha available to buy at all?

You can download off scribd: Kam bhai ji put it up.

On pg 33 it says:

ਅਸਲ ਵਿਚ ਜਿਸ ਜ਼ੋਰਾਵਾਰ ਸਿੰਘ ਦਾ ਜ਼ਿਕਰ ਸੈਨਾਪਤਿ ਨੇ ਚਮਕੌਰ ਦੇ ਜੁਧ ਵਿਚ ਕਰਦੇ ਹੋਏ ਕਿਹਾ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਉਹ ਵੈਰੀ ਦੇ ਕਟਕ ਨੂੰ ਮਾਰਦਾ ਕੱਟਦਾ ਮੈਦਾਨ ਵਿਚੋਂ ਪਾਰ ਨਿਕਲ ਗਿਆ, ਉਹ ਸਾਹਿਬਜ਼ਾਦਾ ਜ਼ੋਰਾਵਾਰ ਸਿੰਘ ਨਹੀਂ ਸੀ ਉਹ ਇਕ ਹੋਰ ਜ਼ੋਰਾਵਾਰ ਸਿੰਘ ਜੋ ਬਸੀ ਪਠਾਣਾ ਦੇ ਭਾਈ ਨਥੂ (ਨਥੀਆ) ਤਰਖਾਣ ਦਾ ਪੁੱਤਰ ਸੀ ਇਸ ਦੀ ਮਾਂ ਭਿੱਖੀ ਮਾਤਾ ਜੀਤੋ ਜੀ ਦੀ ਸੇਵਾ ਵਿਚ ਆਨੰਦਪੁਰ ਰਹਿੰਦੀ ਸੀ ਉਸ ਨੇ ਊਸ ਨੂੰ ਗੁਰ ਚਰਨਾਂ ਵਿਚ ਭੇਟ ਕੀਤਾ ਅਤੇ ਇਹ ਉਥੇ ਹੀ ਪਲਿਆ ਅਤੇ ਵੱਡਾ ਹੋਇਆ ਸੀ ਇਹ ਸਾਹਿਬਜ਼ਾਦਾ ਜ਼ੋਰਾਵਾਰ ਸਿੰਘ ਦਾ ਹਾਣੀ ਸੀ ਅਤੇ ਇਕ ਵਾਰੀ ਇਸ ਨੇ ਸਾਹਿਬਜ਼ਾਦਾ ਨੂੰ ਘੁਲਣ ਵਿਚ ਢਾ ਲਿਆ ਸੀ, ਜਿਸ ਪੁਰ ਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਨੇ ਫੁਰਮਾਇਆ ਸੀ ਇਹ ਭੀ ਮੇਰਾ ਜ਼ੋਰਾਵਾਰ ਸਿੰਘ ਹੀ ਹੈ, ਅਤੇ ਇਹ ਦੂਜਾ ਜ਼ੋਰਾਵਾਰ ਕਰਕੇ ਪਰਸਿੱਧ ਹੋ ਗਿਆ ਸੀ ਇਹ ਹੀ ਕਾਰਣ ਭੁਲੇਕੇ ਦਾ ਹੈ

In reality, the Zorawar Singh mentioned by Sainapati in his account of the Chamkaur battle as hacking and killing his way through the enemy cordon through to escape to the other side, was not the Sahibzada Zorawar Singh [i.e. Guru Gobind’s biological son]. He was another Zorawar Singh, who was the son of a carpenter named Bhai Nathu (Natheea) of Bassi Pathana. His mother used to reside in Anandpur in the service of the charitable Mata Jeeto [Guru ji’s mother?]. She offered him to the feet of the Guru and he was raised and grew up there [in Anandpur]. He was the same age as Sahibzada Zorowar Singh and once knocked him down in a wrestling match, upon which Guru ji declared that ‘He is also my Zorawar Singh’, and he became well known as the other Zorawar. This is the reason for the mistake.

• 2 years later...
  • 5 years later...

Here's a translation of a contemporary Persian account of Zorowar Singh palit's shaheedi (from Grewal & Habib, Persian sources of Sikh history):

710630647_grewal_habib_zorowarpalit.thumb.png.934e7698572d951c5ab081d82a7a4ac1.png

• 2 weeks later...

Here's Sainapati's account of Zorowar Singh's escape from the cordon around Chamkaur (Kulwant Singh translation):

366039492_SAINAPati_zorowarescape.png.4337dd0dc4da3c20223fa36a9589ec58.png