Guru Nanak Dev Ji In Rome And Slavery

fireworks like nakli diwali - bandi chorr diwas?

There is nothing wrong divali celebration on bandi chor divas (very divine serene name) of all aspects (sargun, shabad and gyan) celebration upon sri guru hargobind sahib return in amrtisar after being freed from prison along with guru maharaj liberating 52 hindu rajas from prison and also acknowledging respect sri ram chandar ji coming back along with sargun aspect..only a jealous arya samaji fuddus/along with small handful reformist sikh missionaries fuddus would have problem with this.

Why people are SO jealous?

I know why? We got it allllllllllllllllllllllll, guru maharaj reiterates eternal concept of bhramin actual enlighten ones who sees bhram in all putting bhramin superior caste nazis out of business and also while you confused nut jobs wrap your head around idols-some curropt bhramins makes $$$ on someone innocent idiolized devotion, make devotees do all kinds of "confined" useless rituals make them- give them false sense of security rips innocent people off- make full money killing after giving someone idol by using cheap chinese rip off material claiming it auspcious and holy, confine akaal into seperate seperate aspects of sargun, yoga and nirgun-advait gyan.

Khalsa takes the middle men out (bhramins and curroptness out) and in sovereignty celebrates bandi chor divali with all blended aspects of satguru in one single day and every day as one Ik0ngkar. First khalsa celebrates sarguna aspect of satguru aspect by thinking of great guru - liberator/bhramgyani who saw no different between hindu and muslim- saw everyone/human race with one impartial eye, then khalsa celebrates satguru's own eternal aspect- shabad by contemplating on shabad then finally khalsa celebrates shabad/naam estoeric layer- satguru ultimate saroop one jot- esoteric layer of divali - light lamp of akaal purkh which is radiant in all unequivocally.

And no we don't run off like crazy pandits/idol worshippers hyperventilate oh my gosh oh my gosh - there is no more ghee left in divali lamp i m going to be dommed i m going to be doomed/bad luck-lakshmi is going to be mad give me bad luck totally missing out ultimate light of divali of one jot lights of lights never gets shut off always lit in heart as self.

Guru Maharaj writes in sri guru granth sahib ji:

Hindu Anna Turku Kana, Doha Te Gyani Siana'

Gyani is enlighten one regardless of any religion who see/appreciates all aspects(sargun, shabad and advait- non dual knowledge/perception of self/vahiguroo) prevading in all as Ikongkar unequivocally.

Now both hindu arya samaji fascist idealogy along with reformist christian sikh missionaries idealogy can both f uck off unequivocally and move to some island sing hallelujah together.

Okay Sher, what are you trying to get at?

I mean what's the underlying message for us?

I agree that Sikh institutes have become corrupt, largely through selfish Jat bewakoofi. I detest this as much as the next guy....hell...probably more.

That being said, as a belief system, way of life, source of inspiration and guidance for your life Sikhi stands SOLID. I don't need the SGPC or any dal, jatha etc. to plug in. In fact in my personal opinion, giving many of these types of orgs a wide berth is probably better for your Sikhi than not.

So we are at least free to be able detach ourselves from the corruption and experience the spiritual aspect of the faith on a niji or personal level.

Great post dalsingh veer ji, totally agree with you there...thats what i was trying to get at in my previous post.

Sher:

Are you doaba sher on facebook? If yes, seriously dude- get a life..ultimately in grand scheme of things, these things does not matter..just meditate on vahiguroo's naam -whichever naam mantra you prefer, rise above from this maya world and connect with vahiguroo/ram/allah and thats the only true -sat vastu... rest are all illusions including all labels (whole world is illusion read shalok nauvan, nirgun paratma vahiguroo is not confined by this world and labels- read sukhmani sahib 21st asthpadi, vahiguroo/ram/allah/god ji and its bhagat are all in non transcedental meditation no perception of anything there its anand hi anand)....regular stuff will keep going on, tu tu mein mein will keep going. I think notion of human life being precious/living in present we all human can agree with.

^^^

Don't get Sikhi confused with the construct of 'Sikhism', which to my mind is a modern construction born of post-annexation Jat and Anglo political and social aspirations.

You don't have to worry about those who've corrupted for their selfish tribal agendas as Waheguru himself is dealing with them. I see hogis working like dog tramps for pennies every single day - half addicted to alcohol, with that hate filled, jealous look in their eyes suggesting they should have more just because they are Jat. If we reap what we sow, then surely these people are and will get their comeuppance? The amount of miserable Jattis who detest their own oppressive menfolk is legion. You meet them everywhere. The sad thing is that they've mistaken Hogis for Sikhs (understandable given constant loud mouthed assertions), and give the whole thing a wide berth.

But all that being said, to reiterate my previous post: Sikhi still stands solid. Be a Nanakpanthi, sehajdhari by all accounts but don't knock the Khalsa by confusing some modern, ignorant, wannabes with the clearly open minded, tough as nails, brave originals.

It's absolutely hilarious how the modern Singh Sabha Amritdhari would absolutely detest the very same ancestors he paradoxically idolises today if he met them, because of perceived 'lapses' in rehat. I'm talking about womenising and drug taking Maharajah Ranjit Singh, cannabis and opium taking Akalis or a different nitnem etc. etc.

But at some point you have to see through all this and plug into the fountain of inspiration on an individual basis.

Just some advice from personal experience: Don't make your Sikhi contingent on any other man or women, past, present or future; make it a relationship between you, your Guru and Waheguru. Simple.

Sikhi draws truth and energy from everywhere it is manifest. Sikhism is stuck in some agenda born of some past socio-historical situation that is out of date. You can tell by the way its exponents do all manner of dubious political maneuvering without any grand vision or deeply felt convictions outside of their immediate material needs.

Edited by dalsingh101

Sher, didn't Guru Gobind Singh say 'Raaj Bina Na Dharam Chaleh Hain, Dharam Bina Sab Dalle Malle Hain'?

Why would Sikhi be restricted to a 'few districts' if Khalistan was made? Sikhi would flourish in Khalistan but that doesn't mean Sikhs from all over the world will leave their places and settle there? They can if they want to. Look at the Jews and Israel. Jews were discriminated against almost everywhere, but now they have a power behind them.

The Gurus established cities, which were basically 'ruled' by the Gurus (such as Kartarpur, Kiratpur, Anandpur). These were state-within-states, and shortly before Joti Jot of Guru Gobind Singh, he sent Baba Banda Singh to punish criminals and establish the Halemi Raj & Begumpura mentioned in Gurbani.

Sher, didn't Guru Gobind Singh say 'Raaj Bina Na Dharam Chaleh Hain, Dharam Bina Sab Dalle Malle Hain'?

Where? Can you give a source please?

Sher tries to fight revisionism from Sikh quarters with Hindu revisionism.

You're both sides of the same coin.

Plus Khalistanis are finished so going on about them like they are anything of significance says a lot about how much your finger is on the pulse.

You're arguing about something irrelevant now. What's the point?

Edited by dalsingh101

Look, the point of self determination of any people is one that isn't confined to Sikhs. In the wide spectrum of any society there will be people who have varying degrees of feelings about the above subject.

So its natural and healthy to have the above. What is unacceptable is random, sick violence. But believing in self determination is not automatically tied to terrorism; look at the Scottish people for an excellent example. I'm not Khalistani, but I used to be. I don't believe it will help Sikhs in the long run; that is my personal opinion based on my experiences and analysis. That being said, I don't condone shutting down the debate about K'stan amongst Sikhs for the sake of Indian nationalism.

There is a tendency for Indian nationalists to completely ignore the political scenario of Panjab prior to the British attack and annexation. It WAS a Sikh kingdom, although most of the inhabitants may not have been Sikh. But this whole topic brings up so many important peripheral issues regarding self-determination, history, culture, rule, equality etc. etc. that it just bogs one down to talk of it.

Instead, most intelligent Sikhs are looking at ways to progress regardless of whether we have a state or not. Me, myself, I'm inclined to perceive things in more global terms. Those figures you talked about above are important as icons. Stop crapping yourself about K'stanis, worry about more real problems in the world.

Just because people rally around figures (and with some good reasons too!), don't over exaggerate some sort of 'threat', we've had enough of this from India and its stooges.

No! GGS did not say "Raaj bina..." or "Raj karega Khalsa.." Or "Bipran ki reet..."
Even though Darshans Ragis and Kala Afghanas would dispute this, but GGS's writing are, acc to SGPC and Akal Takht, ONLY in Dasam Granth.

That is widely attributed to Guru Ji. Perhaps from GB Pt 10. Raj Karega Khalsa is found in Nasihatnama which is written in 1719. Besides the concept of Halemi Raj, Begumpura is there in SGGS right from the beginning.

In the last Punjab state elections, khalistanis got less than 1% votes and secessionist (read traitors) like Simranjit Singh Mann lost his security deposit (oye teri!!) from a Sikh majority constituency Fatehgarh Sahib.
even on social level, Khalistanis (and other Sikh radicals) could not handle Ravidassiyas wrath after the heinous murder of their Guru in Vienna. In the aftermath, the Ravis not only made a separate religion but also removed (to use a respectable euphemism) Granth sahib Nishan sahibs from their Gurdwaras which they now call mandirs. there were incidents where heavily-armed nihangs, taksalis and other radicals were made to flee by Ravis' villagers who also, unfortunately, held Punjab to ransom for many days burning trains and other public property. Imagine if all of the Akal Takht victimised communities come together, would Khalistanis even dare to murmur anything in front of such a crowd who despise the concept of Khalistan?

Have you even followed the elections? Killings and fights on polling booths, drugs/liquor supplied in return for votes - thats no democratic elections. The jungle law in Punjab where police officers are killed in daylight by people belonging to SAD, where schools are being closed but sharab thekey are opened? where the youth is put on drugs, ensuring an ethnocide after the genocide. Have you ever lived in Punjab? In 1989, SAD (Amritsar) - Mann won 7 out of 13 seats in Punjab. It is normal that the public is afraid to raise their voice after 250,000 innocent Sikhs were murdered extra-judicially.
The Ravidasia issue is a different issue, the lower castes have been discrimnated against since ages, Nihang Dals wouldn't give Amrit to them back in time, they weren't allowed entrance in Gurdwaras its a long history, has nothing to do with Khalistan movement. Many Chamars were already using the Har Nishan before the Vienna incident.
Khalistanis do not use much brains before making such moronic comparisons. "Jews were discriminated..." Sikhs are among the most privileged class in India and over-represented in almost every sphere of social and public life. Acc to a recent survey Punjab is the MOST PROSPEROUS state in India! of course this would change drastically once Khalistan comes into being. You will not be able to sustain even the basic agriculture forget anything else (labour, water, power, fertilizers, insecticides.. everything comes from the other states. Markets in the other states. how you would export whatever whea u manage to grow, Air Khalistan?) Also, if Sikhs moved (or forced to move which is inevitable) what would you offer such enterprising community in your landlocked 7 districts?

What a moronic statement. Sikhs are rich everywhere they go because they are hardworking, doesn’t mean they are not discriminated against in India. Sikhs have the highest unemployment rate according to recent surveys, look it up. Sikhs who speak Punjabi aren’t given jobs in Chandigarh. River water of Punjab is still being stolen (the neighbouring states owe Punjab THOUSANDS of crores rupees). The culprits of 1984 are roaming freely, killers of Sikhs are promoted even by the Punjab Sarkar (Izhar Alam – who was responsible for a death squad killing innocents according to WikiLeaks).
Besides there are over 40 landlocked nations, so? Besides Waheguru willing our borders will extend up to Kutch.

http://www.khalistan.net/?p=910
Not BBS, just BB He is NOT mentioned as BBS in any contemporary or even later Sikh book. For Guru sahib, Hindu Sikhs were one community otherwise he would not have asked a Hindu to take revenge for his humiliations and Muslim excesses. Unfortunately or shall i say ironically, he was betrayed by Sahibzadas of previous Gurus and Mata Sundariji herself. Gurus established... ruled. No comment.

Baba Banda Singh Bahadur it is. You can’t change that. Guru Sahib converted the Hindu and sent him to punish tyrants along with 5 of his Singhs. Betrayed by Mata Sundari ?
The Gurus were the rulers in their respective cities, Anandpur? You should read history, Singhs conquered territory around Anandpur aswell. Read books, get knowledge and stop drinking cow urine cola.
DalSingh, do you know that Guru Gobind Singh ordered Singhs to seize area around Anandpur? There are several historical works mentioning this fact.
Edited by SikhKhoj

DalSingh, do you know that Guru Gobind Singh ordered Singhs to seize area around Anandpur? There are several historical works mentioning this fact.

I'm aware of Sikh history.

My aversion to Khalistan is not based on some interpretation of Sikhi or history, rather it's based on having mixed with K'stanis for a long time. Most of these people are no better than the people who they complain about - some even worse. Give people like that power and they'll do things that will make all Sikhs ashamed. They have no real desire other than wealth and power. They are the most casteist Sikhs around. They aren't remotely interested in creating a progressive, fair society - rather they want to have a hegemony for purely materialistic aims. They are some of the most uninformed, selfish, narrow minded people you could meet.

I do not equate KH movement with terrorism. Not ALL of them are supremacists who believe in achieving their political goals through violence and by justifying by erroneous quoting of scriptures (example Sikhoj attributing Raj bina ...to 10th Guru Sahib). I think it would be wrong to equate KHs with Scottish people who are, more or less, united in their political demands and want to achieve their goal/s through peaceful, amicable means. KH, on the other hand, are a miniscule minority which believes in imposing their violent ideology (?) on the others.

That's a gross characterisation. There are those who support the notion of K'stan that aren't foaming at mouth demagogues. But like I said, I think the K'stan thing today takes away from genuinely important discussion that need to take place. The Khalistani has become a bogeyman for Indians now and they use him for cheap scare tactics.

"the debate" - i agree. If debate is shut down, there would not be any diff between KHs (who believe in killing, maiming, censoring..) and the Nationalists.

That's what you need to realise. India has its own extremists who burn, rape and kill minorities. By focusing on the K'stani bogeyman that gets ignored.

Also, the sane element among the Sikhs (not necessarily ONLY the intellectuals) should come forward and stop Akal Takht from giving medieval fatwas (hukamanams) banning books, censoring movies, excommunicating whole communities, defying law, justifying & institutionalising discrimination (casteism, gender inequality, minority faiths,etc) and other such regressive actions.

I told you that they don't really represent many of us. Plus any appeals fall on deaf ears, so people have stopped bothering. The power we do have as individuals is to disengage from corruption. And right now, people like me feel this is the best (and possibly only) option.

I think how people act at ground level between each other is more powerful than anything dictated by the SGPC. But Hindus aren't spotless either, they have played dangerous petty, communal politics themselves in India.

Are you suggesting/justifying going back to M Ranjit Singh days and ensuring that Punjab is ALWAYS ruled by Sikhs acc to 'Sikh laws'? I don't agree with such thinking. before MRS, Muslims ruled this land and before them Hindus. why the so-called nationalists should not ignore all of these and focus on ensuring justice for all and non-discriminatory government where everyone has the same rights.

Hopefully we'll get there one day.

BTW, Sikhi and Jatism dominates each and every aspect of Punjab's socio-political life. what else you would like? for the last 50 years or so the CM of Punjab has been a Keshadhari Jat Sikh (exc G Zail Singh's 5-6 years as the CM). Akal Takht interferes (and get away) in the running of the state, school curriculum...etc. Sikhism is the unofficial religion of Punjab (no other such example in India except maybe Kashmir). 100s of crores of the taxpayers' (majority non-khalsas) spent on the promotion of Sikhi.

SIkhi should dominate Panjab but it doesn't - Jattism does. That explains all of the shit you see there.

Also, what British :annexed" did not include large part of the modern Punjab.Ranjit Singh (or any other one SINGLE Sikh ruler) never ruled over the whole of Punjab.

However you might put it, the truth is that Sikhs lost the most with India's independence and Pakistan's emergence.

I was just replying to Sikhoj's post, got carried away I must admit but yes threat exists and it is being made worse by the army of the semi-literate wannabe Bhindranwala pracharks who spew (like the demagogue) venom from Gurdwara stages everyday all over the world. "more real problems" - what else we can discus on this forum meant to discus Sikh related issues?

It's not a problem. Like we discussed before; it's just one strand of thinking in the Sikh spectrum.

I'd rather we focused on discussing literature and facilitating debate on egalitarianism and a fair Sikh society. If you are complaining about narrow mindedness, then increasing knowledge and stimulating learning are the best antidotes. The cure might not come over night, but if enough of us keep at it - the seeds of a huge positive change will be sown.

All that being said, Sikhs do have some serious and genuine gripes about India. Using K'stanis to ride roughshod over these doesn't help.

You use the elections as example to talk tatti about SS Mann and yet fail to open your eyes and see what truly happens at elections. You are burying your head in sand, so won't bother discussing this with you.

If you are Sikh, then try to read up more about the excesses committed against our nation by Hindustan since 47. Even the genocide continues, can you tell me how many Sikhs have been killed in peaceful protests, fake encounters in the past 5 years? Lets see how clued up you are about National issues. Stop reading Sanatan myths and read about the recent killings only. Tell me how many (innocent) Sikhs have been killed in last five years?

Punjab is the owner of its river waters. It is giving 10 million acre feet of free canal water to Rajasthan per year. We have to extract water from ground for our own use. this affects the fertility of the land, retd civil officer PS Kmedan released figures of nearly 1 billion rupees that Rajasthan owes Punjab.

Wikileaks, US Embassy Delhi cable 2005:

“With regard to former Senior Superintendent Punjab Police (Jalandhar) Mohammad Izhar Alam, we can confirm that he now holds the position of Additional Director General (Administration) Punjab Police, a senior police posting. During the insurgency, he assembled a large, personal paramilitary force of approximately 150 men known as the “Black Cats” or “Alam Sena” (“Alam’s Army”) that included cashiered police officers and rehabilitated Sikh terrorists. The group had reach throughout the Punjab and is alleged to have had carte blanche in carrying out possibly thousands of staged “encounter killings.”

Liberal newspaper Tribune India reporting how Punjabi language is discriminated against:

http://www.tribuneindia.com/2013/20130730/punjab.htm#5

SAD: Language bias behind unemployment among Sikhs

Sarbjit Dhaliwal
Tribune News Service

pb3.jpgChandigarh, July 29
The Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) today claimed that the refusal to issue licences to Punjabi youths, who have passed matriculation with Punjabi as one of the main subjects, for recruitment of conductors in the Chandigarh Transport Undertaking (CTU) was an “well-planned attack on Punjabi language and culture.”

The party said one of the key reasons for the Sikhs being the most unemployed religious group in urban areas was disregard for the Punjabi language in official circles.

A survey by the NSSO says that the unemployment rate among the Sikhs has gone up from 4.6 per cent in 2004-05 to 6.1 per cent in 2009-10.

Party spokesman Balwant Singh Ramoowalia said it was disturbing that the Punjabi language was not being accorded due recognition in the state capital, Chandigarh.

He said the Chandigarh Administration was to recruit 246 conductors in the CTU and the aspirants were to apply for the job by August 26. They were required to have a conductor’s licence.

However, the department concerned maintained that those who had passed the matric exam with Punjabi, not Hindi, as the main subject were not eligible for the licence, Ramoowalia said. He alleged this decision had been taken by the authorities concerned to deny jobs to unemployed youths who had preferred Punjabi to Hindi in the matric exam.

Ramoowalia said all Punjabis, irrespective of their political affiliations, should come together to fight against such discrimination against the Punjabi language in Chandigarh.

“When countries like Canada and UK are giving Punjabi due space in their administrative setup, the language is being pushed out from government institutions in our own country,” Ramoowalia alleged.

He said the SAD would fight against such“discrimination” being perpetrated in the name of language. He said the Delhi University too had diluted the importance of Punjabi.

Shiromani Akali Dal (Amritsar) spokesperson Jaswant Singh Mann said owing to the failure of the ruling SAD, the Punjabi language was being sidelined in the country. “Parkash Singh Badal and his son have failed to protect the interest of the Punjabi language and Punjabis in the country,” he alleged.

“The Central Government should give reasons why the unemployment rate in the country is the highest among the Sikhs,” he demanded, adding that it was because of unemployment that young Sikh youths were migrating abroad in large numbers.

Edited by SikhKhoj

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sardar Simranjit Singh Maan is the last honest politician left in that shithole country.He turned down a comfortable life as a high ranking police officer and elected to instead follow his conscience doing so he spent 5 years getting tortured in a indian prison cell to this day he gets arrested and beaten in every protest he organizes/attends if only you had even half of his honesty and backbone.If you wanna talk about lineage how about you talk about your murderous hero kuldip brars grandfather who was the british bootlicker that had Kartar Singh Sarabha arrested and hanged.

Sher tries to fight revisionism from Sikh quarters with Hindu revisionism.

You're both sides of the same coin.

Plus Khalistanis are finished so going on about them like they are anything of significance says a lot about how much your finger is on the pulse.

You're arguing about something irrelevant now. What's the point?

He has a significant affliction with Khalistanis. Its a veil employed to push forward anti-revisionism. Although of course there is a mass failure to substantially define the fundamental points of his crusade.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

To me what we are possibly witnessing is very interesting in terms of the mind frame of the 'researcher' because it gives me an insight into the processes behind hagiography.

I don't doubt the authors faith, and even desire for good intentions towards the faith. But, the old school, noncritical or poorly critical method of historical research, where so much internal desire and belief gets 'projected' onto the research is a dangerous game in my opinion because if fables or poorly researched, erroneous notions get widely accepted at one point, and at some later stage (say a few generations later) are proven to be dubious, it generally leads to loss of faith. This is because people start to question the truth of the rest of the faith when falseness or mistakes that have come to be associated with it, get exposed.

There needs to be a balance in Sikh historiography and not this weak projection of ideas onto research, which skews it. Desi people are the worse at this. But that being said, even modern, capable historians like J S Grewal can't help project his own hogi, jat bullshit all over his Sikh historical research when he should know better. All of this stuff has the habit of leading to poorly constructed theories on one hand and the outright sweeping of inconvenient material in historical works under the mat, on the other. Add to this the embedding of agendas, (especially the caste one right now which tries to over play peasant contributions and underplay anyone elses) and we can easily arrive at a pile of bullshit calling itself 'Sikh history'.

No disrespect to the researcher above but he'd have a hard time being taken seriously by anyone with any degree of standards in terms of historical methodology. That being said, there will be plenty of people who will clutch their handbags to their chest aghast at the suggestion of the above persons research being unacceptable.

What we can see however, is how a pious mind's imagination can run riot, when not grounded - in my opinion.

Give me real, don't give me fake. And give me something solid not flimsy.

​Were there Italian slave or some other people were slave to Italians? The talk is he Nanak met some one and told them to stop slavery? Who was the ruler in Italy then? It was mostly was ruled by Roman Catholic. They do not acknowledge sikhs now days. How can they will l listen to simple singer?

We tend to believe any thing that can glorify our guru. Same as Baba Deep Singh carry his head on his hand and fraught. No truth there.  This is insult to Sikhism. 

We tend to believe any thing that can glorify our guru. Same as Baba Deep Singh carry his head on his hand and fraught. No truth there.  This is insult to Sikhism. 

No its not, only someone who is devoid of spirituality in sikhism believe its not possible. If you have historical account differences on this event then its different story but not to believe in this event just because through rational or logic its ridiculous as they say when where rational and logic of conditioned mind stops then divine spirituality starts.

• 8 years later...

Jitti nau khand medani satnam da chakar chalaya -Bhai Gurdass

Literally means' He (Nanak) won over the nine continents and preached the true name (of the Lord)- like a chakravarti king winning over the whole world- This alludes to his travels to all parts of the word. 

Janam Sakhi briefly refers to Rome where he met the richest man of the area called karoon. However, all this needs to be researched painstakingly as sources and resources as well as serious researchers are in short supply.