~~ Ask Your Sikhi Related Questions To Gyani Sher Singh Ji (Trip To Toronto) ~

Gyani sher singh ji ambala wale are coming tom to toronto..will be picking them up from airport shortly..i am so excited already...they are here for a week..hopefully if they allow, i would be asking them sikhi related questions in questions and answers form and recording them for sangat as by maharaj kirpa i have done with other mahapursh/parchariks- sant hari singh ji randhawale and sant jagjit singh harkhowale for past 4 years ago.

So giving everyone heads up- please post your questions here...hopefully they will allow me to ask questions and to stream line questions better..can i ask everyone to put questions in categories for eg- gurbani questions under gurbani section, socio-political questions in political section so on and so forth..!!

I will think of some of the questions myself and post them here up as well so we have them in one place.

- To what extent should one keep sarbloh rehit when it comes to food i.e. only eating from amritdharis only etc.?

- What can the sangat do to get parkaash of Sri Dasam Granth Sahib Ji back in Sri Akaal Takht Sahib Ji and other Takhts/Gurdwaras?

This is off the back of another discussion:

- To what extent do the traditional orders believe in the avtars of devte as GurSikhs (e.g. Dhan Baba Sri Chand Ji being an avtar of Shiv Ji, the Sahibzades being avtars of the pramukh devte etc.)?

Sorry singh will compile your questions above in next batch.

Here are the questions i compile for today-

Questions to Gyani Sher Singh Ji Ambalawale
Adhyatam/Gurbani Questions
1. Are bhagti marg, shabad surat marg, gyan marg are all accepted in Gurmat Marg?
Ki bhagti marg, shabad surat jai nirgun gyan marg saraie gurmat vich parvan haan? Ki eh gurmat vich vakhraie vakhraie marg/vaikhara vaikharaie sadhana haan jaigaso daie avastha unusar?
2. Is sargun and nirgun are dual or non dual?
Ki gurmat anusar sargun and nirgun vakhraie vakhraie dekhna chahidya haan ik advait roop?
3. In 21st asthapadi of sukhmani sahib, there are four types of parloa? fifth one is gyan parloa? Please explain in detail whats in gyan parloa?
Gyan parloa baraie vishthar ch daso?
4. What's difference between advait gurmat and advait vedant?
Advait Gurmat taie Advait vedant by sri sancharya ki ch farak hai?
5. According to Gurmat what is adi or shiv shakti? (Three parts to this question) According to gurmat, meaning of shiv shakat are they only limited to sri sahib or vahiguroo di maya shiv shakti can take any forms? does that depends on individual devotion and perception?
Gurmat dai anusar adi or shiv shakti ki haan? Anand sahib chh zikar, sukhmani sahib ch shiv shakat da zikar aunda hai?
Ki Gurmat anusar sargun maya jo shiv shakat ja adi shakti nuo kali bhaguati dai arth(sri sahib) taak hi seema kar sakda haan?
Ki Gurmat anusar shiv shakat- jo vahigurooo di maya shakti vakhra vakhara saroop dharan kar sakhdi hai ? Ki eh chiza upasakh daie dristhi taie depend nirbar hona?

6. In sarbloh granth, there are many places there is lakshmi mangal charan, whats the meaning of that?
Sri sarbloh granth cc- lakhsmi mangal charan bahut jagaie aundai hun, lakhsmi da ki vachak? Maya? koi bhi roop ch?
7. what is shaheedi based on gurmat? Who is pooran shaheed? Do they have different gattis?
Gurmat dai anusar - shaheed kisnuo kehende neh? Asal chh poran shaheed koan hai? usdi dristhi baraie daso? ki shaheed diya vakhri vakhri gattiya han?
8. According to gurmat, What's the state of krishan, ram chandar ji? Are they mukht? Are they in sachkhand? Are they karak bhramgyani avtars?
Gurmat dai anusar- Krishan and ram chandar ji dai gatti ki ha? are they pooraie mukht? are they in sachkhand? are they karak bhramgyanis?
9. What's the state of Jesus and mohamad sahib avastha? Are they mukht?
Ki jesus ate mohamad sahib sachkhand vasi ja bhramgyani hoye haan?
10. Can only sikh get salvation/mukhti or get to sachkhand? What happened to all the saints before sikh dharam? did they get mukhti/went to sachkhand?
Ki kala sikh hi mukhti or sachkhand jan da adhkari hai? mahapursh juo sikh dharam tuo pehla hoaie han? ohni di gatti? ki o mukht han?
Rajinti/Maryada questions
1. Khalsa raj maryada vich kehri kehri rajiniti vartani chahidi aa?
2. Why was parkash of Dasam Granth sahib lifted from Akal takhat sahib in 1944?
Sri dasam granth da parkash 1944 ch akaal takht sahib kyon lift kitta gaya cc?
3. Is there any specific rules of khalsa dharam yudh? is there any maryada of khalsa dharam yudh? Any books?
Khalsa dharam yudh maryada ki koi khas maryada hai? koi pustakh?
4. What was the legal system in khalsa raj in the past? What should be legal system- basic legal frame work for khalsa raj? Are we against death penalty or for?
Puratan khalsa raj daie kanuon bariae daso? Vartman vich khalsa raj daie kanuon kis tera hounaie chahidya han? ki panth fassi da saja daie hakh vich han or khilaaf?
Misc
1. What's the gurmat view on euthanasia, person on life support?..should plug be removed if its not natural breathing or put on so person can breath artificially?
Jeh kis da accident ho javaie, tai uh banda coma ch chalya javaie taie machine naal dekhai naal pran chale...gurmat anusar ki karna chahidya parvar nuo - ki machine kad deni chahidi hai ?
2. How should we deal with grooming gangs in the west and militant converting of people - particularly Islamists who target people- specifically girls.
Baliti Malokha chh, islam dai sharia vaddi apni larkhiya nuo target kardaie haan pyaar ch fasoundai haan pher convert kardaie haan? Sikh kaum nuo isda jawab kistra dena chahida?
3. How did Sikhs deal with extremism in the past? Should parchar be done to combat Islamic radicalism, if so, how do we maintain a Gurmat ground and still dissect the problem without "offending" people who follow the faith? Should we ignore the problem and let it be?
Puratan samai chh, sikh kaum kistra jawab dendi cc sharia islam daie propaganda daie? hun sikh kaum sharia islam nuo kistra handle karan? kistra ahna nuo jawab daeiya?

Some very pertinent 'social' questions for us here in blighty at the end there. I look forward to hearing the responses.

These things on my mind lately:

Why is it that although western Europe seem to have largely rejected notions of dharam, religion and God yet still have it more cushy than most of the rest of the world?

Will Sikhi ever be a serious force for wider social development/improvements in the world or are we petering out into some narrow, tribal, regional culture-faith hybrid?

Don't know how you will put that in Panjabi though? lol

Alright here is the update...i did ask some of the questions- first two..got the answers..makes perfect sense..pretty consistent with rest of sant mandali perception. Gyani ji couldn't go in depth of those two questions and rest of them as nature of meeting place- there were lot of premis wanted to meet and besides gyani ji humbly refused to be recorded during questions and answers as gyani ji said these type of discussion are only meant for serious seekers and meant for personal one on one session based on student desire of learning and state of mind.

I did manage..however to do some quick gupt bachan bilas..they were amazing..they know lot of gurbani in kant- sri guru granth sahib ji and sri dasam granth sahib, they were reciting kabits from sri akaal ustat..almost bought tears to my eyes..vahiguroo..will be meeting them again tom or sunday to give them cds and will personally be in touch with them from now onwards !!

• 11 months later...

Why didn't Jesus, Moses and Muhammad preach reincarnation if they were messengers of God that we should appreciate?

If eating fish is bad why did Jesus eat fish and distribute it as prasad in his own langar amongst his sangat.

He called out to them, “Friends, haven’t you any fish?”

“No,” they answered.

6 He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

7 Then the disciple whom Jesus loved said to Peter, “It is the Lord!” As soon as Simon Peter heard him say, “It is the Lord,” he wrapped his outer garment around him (for he had taken it off) and jumped into the water. 8 The other disciples followed in the boat, towing the net full of fish, for they were not far from shore, about a hundred yards.[c] 9 When they landed, they saw a fire of burning coals there with fish on it, and some bread.

10 Jesus said to them, “Bring some of the fish you have just caught.” 11 So Simon Peter climbed back into the boat and dragged the net ashore. It was full of large fish, 153, but even with so many the net was not torn. 12 Jesus said to them, “Come and have breakfast.” None of the disciples dared ask him, “Who are you?” They knew it was the Lord. 13 Jesus came, took the bread and gave it to them, and did the same with the fish. 14 This was now the third time Jesus appeared to his disciples after he was raised from the dead.- John 21 Bible New Testament

If keeping Kesh was an essential part of spirtual dharamic avastha why did Muhammad cut his mostache, trim his hair and order his followers to do so? :

It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that he heard the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: "The fitrah is five things: circumcision, shaving the pubes, trimming the moustache, trimming the nails and plucking the armpit hairs." Narrated by al-Bukhaari (5891) and Muslim (257). Hadith
Edited by JatherdarSahib