Plz Help In Reading

plz someone define correct pronounce of this punjabi words in english. i want to say, like this

Ik-oNkaar sat naam kartaa purakh
Nirbha-o nirvair Akaal Moorat Aajoonee Saib

Gur Parsaad. Jap. Aad sach jugaad sach.
Hai bhee sach naanak hosee bhee sach

WRITTEN WITH ENGLISH alplabets but pronounced in punjabi.

post-10090-0-21226300-1371631718_thumb.p

From a linguistic point of view I shall try and explain. I shall give some detailed background before answering your specific query.

(K varga)
(Ch varga)
(T varga)
(t varga)
(P varga)
(Y varga)
ਸ਼ ਖ਼ ਗ਼ ਜ਼ ਫ਼ ਲ਼

There are 2 things this varanmala depicts. One is the sound and the other is the name of the letter. So the letter is used to depict the sound Ka (linguistically written as /ਕ/ ) and the name of the letter is 'kakka'.

All the K varga sounds are produced from the back part of the tongue by touching it with the junction of the soft palette and hard pallette of the roof of the mouth.

All the Ch varga sounds are produced from the middle part of the tongue by touching it with the hard pallete of the roof of the mouth.

All the T varga sounds are produced by turning the blade of the tongue backwards and touching it with the hard pallette of the roof of the mouth.

All the t varga sounds are produced by touching the blade of the tongue with the ridge of the from teeth.

All the P varga sounds are produced by closing the lips together.

The first line, the Y varga and the pairi-bindi varga are produced from various places.

And now to the specific query.

First let us understand what sound is produced with the letter ਙ. Since it falls in the K varga it shall produced by touching that part of the tongue with the roof of the mouth as are all the letters before it. So try and speak the letters ਘ. You would see that one particular part of the tongue is raised and touched with the roof of the mouth. You must use the same part to speak the letter ਙ. Now what is this sound?

This sound is used in punjabi in a hidden manner. it is no longer used in an open manner. Let me give an example. Take the word Ganga. lets break the sound linguistically.

ਗੰਗਾ = /ਗ/ + /ਙ/ + /ਗ/ + /ਆ/

There are 4 sounds used in speaking the word Ganga and these are as shown above. So from here we now know which sound is represented by the letter ਙ. It is the sound which is represented by the tippi in word Ganga or Kanga.

Now what is the name of the letter ਙ? How do we speak the letter out as oorha, eirhi ? You say it something like unga. Actually while speaking /g/ sound is produced but in a very soft manner.

Here is a link to my dropbox audio file pronouncing this sound.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/964untbuf0upk7m/Voice%20001.m4a

Similar is the case with the letter

And here is how to pronounce it:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tfymsxm0a4mi34g/Voice%20002.m4a