love??

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we need to understand the motive behind this. Some people are religious, they base there life on religions. Some people are not and some are more concerned about other things in life. I am a religious person and I will marry someone with whom I can keep the teachings of Guru Nanak alive , someone else may not be religious and may not have the same goal in mind.... therefore we can not give opinions if one should marry such a such person or not. There are no absolute rules that apply on everyone

A religious sikh may marry a religious sikh. A non-religious person of some faith may not feel the need to do so and may marry a person of his/her common sharing with that person. Amritdhari Sikhs may not choose to fall in love becoz of their commitment to the Guru and will love only the person they get married to other people may not do the same. It all depends on the person.

But at the end of the day there is one important thing that I heard from this old retired fauji sikh. He was telling me that in order to destroy sikhi the hindus figured out from where sikhs are born and these sikhs are born from their mothers with long hair who keep the long hairs of their sons and daughts, so if we get these sikh women get married to hindus then they wont keep long hair and so there sons/daughters wont too and sikhi will finish. This is what the strategy that was applied and is still being applied.

I advise not to fall to early in love with someone. Hindus got a lot of rituals and a lot of weird type of stuff. Marry a sikh if you can.

we need to understand the motive behind this. Some people are religious, they base there life on religions. Some people are not and some are more concerned about other things in life. I am a religious person and I will marry someone with whom I can keep the teachings of Guru Nanak alive , someone else may not be religious and may not have the same goal in mind.... therefore we can not give opinions if one should marry such a such person or not. There are no absolute rules that apply on everyone

A religious sikh may marry a religious sikh. A non-religious person of some faith may not feel the need to do so and may marry a person of his/her common sharing with that person. Amritdhari Sikhs may not choose to fall in love becoz of their commitment to the Guru and will love only the person they get married to other people may not do the same. It all depends on the person.

But at the end of the day there is one important thing that I heard from this old retired fauji sikh. He was telling me that in order to destroy sikhi the hindus figured out from where sikhs are born and these sikhs are born from their mothers with long hair who keep the long hairs of their sons and daughts, so if we get these sikh women get married to hindus then they wont keep long hair and so there sons/daughters wont too and sikhi will finish. This is what the strategy that was applied and is still being applied.

I advise not to fall to early in love with someone. Hindus got a lot of rituals and a lot of weird type of stuff. Marry a sikh if you can.

First two paras are excellent!!!! It's individual's choice .!!

• 2 weeks later...

i know loads of mates who have been so sure htey were "in love" and broke up with their gf/bf a few days later. its such a joke, thats y u shud stay out of the whole dating/"love"/kaam thing. there is no such thing as true love - only true love for guruji. everything else is just moh or kaam, or both.

That make us 2 bachelor's in the bachelor department... gimme a five ??? 8)

you think you will survive... For me its gettin hard to stay bachelor already.. havent even started being offically bachelor yet... :oops:

That make us 2 bachelor's in the bachelor department... gimme a five ??? 8)

you think you will survive... For me its gettin hard to stay bachelor already.. havent even started being offically bachelor yet... :oops:

lol!! Very Correct veer!!! I support this Love Thing..!!! Whoever it is for!

• 2 months later...

Impressive!!!! I admire/appriciate These Thoughts and agree with them.

10-20 days back when i posted on first page in this thread.,. i didn't think that this discussion will lead in these directions. Today, after so many days, today when i see this topic of 7 pages, i am realizing what is the different between Discussing and Arguing. Nonetheless, Your efforts/post were classic.

Thankyou for your kind words. :) I stand by everything I said.

Sariyaan Galan thik Ne Par je asi Ik minute lai honest ho jaiaye taan ki sochde ho tusi das sakde ho ki tuhanu kadon kise naal pyaar hai ya ho giya ya hoya C.

Honestly I have those pleasurable moments(till the moment) I have ever experienced. I bet those are cent percent universal and applied. Think for a moments 'n' if u have in love ever u will dead sure said . Yes It Is....

HOW DO U KNOW IF IT IS TRUE LOVE?

Ur HEART beats faster when U hear O their name.

UR body melts when U R in their arms.

They R the only G that U want 2 be with.

No G else is even worth looking at..

U would walk B miles N the ]snow just 2 C them

U will do everything N UR power to make them HaPpY

When some1 asks for Ur No#, Usay " U can (call ( my /boy/girl friend k get it from them.

When every romantic thing makes U think of them.

When U :: CrY:: when you won't C each other 4 a whil.

U go 2 zZzZzZzZzZz sleepThinking about them.

Uwake UP thinking about them

U want 2 spend every 6 moment with them

U don't mind if all they want 2 do is cuddle

Silence doesn't bother U

They R not only UR Y lover, but also Ur best friend

U can tell them anything

U can go 2 the movies k actually WATCH the movie, they R always there 4 U.

They R there when times R rough

When U say, "I LOVE YOU " k mean it.

LOVE

Love is caring, love is kind,

Love is fabulous to find.

Love is glowing, love is growing,

Love is surely shamelessly showing.

Love is danger, love is daring,

Love is shouldering and sharing.

Love is freedom, love is fun,

Love is shining like the sun.

Love is triumph, love is tears,

Love finds ways to fix our fears.

Love is gorgeous, love is grand,

Love holds out a helping hand.

Love is sweet, love is complete,

Love is every time we meet.

Love is dating, love is mating,

Love is rapturously relating.

Love is the hottest boy in town,

Love is creation's most coveted crown.

Love is stable, love is strong,

Love is singing love's special song.

Love is sight and love is sound,

Love proudly makes pure hearts pound.

Love is taste and love is smell,

Love teaches tender touch as well.

Love is fantastic, love is filling,

Love is wanted, warm and willing.

Love is sleeping, love is awake,

Love is every breath we take.

Love loves body, mind and soul,

Love is sharing a similar goal.

Love is giving, love is forgiving,

Love is the only way of living.

Love is old and love is new,

Love is everything we do.

Love is trusting, love is true,

Love is writing this poem to you.

yOU GUYS ARE JALAK

love is almost like lust,

because u can only love the true guru, its dif if u say u love ur brother, father or mother or sister,

but if your only a young teenager, and u have gf's or bf's then its bad, cuz any the daughters and sons of guru gobind singh sahib ji we are doing something bad..

This is still bad, its considered a kurehit, even if your not doing anythng wrong, and you still have a gf or bf, its still bad..

GF's and bf's are not allowed in the religion of sikhism

and in the khalsa panth

and if you ugys keep saying its rite, and practice this, then u guys are fools

sorry i may b badder then all of you but alteast i dont agree with having girlfirends or boyfriends

• 3 weeks later...

True. I think love is not a sin, without love, life would be quite sad :( (that is true love). :P :wink:

This reminds of me of the quote by Baba Nand Singh Ji Maharaj

"In the process of devotion and love of Sri Guru Nanak Sahib if sleep overtakes, it is then better to fall in the well and die rather than live a life otherwise"

• 3 weeks later...

I read through parts of the thread and i noticed some people making their own rules about how a sikh should be or not. To these, i'd like to ask this simple question. What makes you so certain that you have got it right in terms of knowledge and intution to condense Guruji into a sentence or two. "A sikh cant do this" "A sikh should do this". What makes you so sure that you can do a better job that Guruji in setting out what a sikh should be, that you so authoratively and succinctly replace Gurbani with your work.

I've always felt that sikhi isnt a religion of rules and regulations. If it were, then we'd have a book of rules. or something like that. Instead we have a Guru. Why you'd want to replace a Guru with a bunch of rules, i dont know. Personally i prefer to have a Guru. You know the feeling you get when you are listening to a dope Shabad and you are feeling the Gurbani. Even though you might not be a scholar of Indic and Arabic languages you might still get that heavy powerful intuitive understanding of the Bani. I love that about sikhi. I like how everything flows logically from first principles. I love how I can turn to my Guru if things are unclear and i need direction. Please dont lessen my sikhi by turning it into something its not. Something boring and trivialising like "rule #3 you may not fall in love, rule #5 you must wear a round pugh, ..." .

About the topic. Love. I think its perfectly fine to love someone. There are people i love. Family ofcourse. Then friends, both male and female. Would i do anything for them? Hard to know for sure. But i'll say now that i would, at least in principle. As long as it doesnt involve breaching my own principles. Note principles are not in general rules. Principles are truths given by the Guru. They are much more wider in scope than simple rules. For example, the principle that there is only one creator, sustainer and destroyed. One God. That is far reaching and more profound than a rule that says for example, "you must only obey the god called Harri". Principles are more suited for application in life. Life isnt about certain fixed circumstances which then involve corresponding rules about what should and should not be done. Instead life is about continuously changing situations, decision which arent always clearcut, uncertainty is real and ever present, its complex. What this means is that if you have a rigid set of rules for a limited number of situations then you are in a position of constantly trying to beat the current situtation into one resembling the rule and then like a programmed machine, implementing the rule without thought. This is not how sikhi is. Sikhi is about intuitive awareness. Its about being aware of the present of Waheguru at all times. And then to use Gurbani to help us make the right decisions and realise the truths that a thinking person does. The relationship between a Sikh and his Guru is a personal one. What place then for rigid rules, one after another, after another, instead of the learning dynamic created by a guru-disciple relationship.

I've fallen in love before. I wouldnt go out of my way and say its wrong for anyone to fall in love and that a true sikh wouldnt. Because, that wouldnt be right for me to claim to say something like that. I learned a lot, about myself from the experience. I learned about people and relationships and expectations. I learned to love. Not just the person, but everyone. It took something like that for me to realise what it means to care for someone else. I started playing with kids and writing poetry. I would read writings and think about what was being said. All in all, it put me in a better position to learn from SGGS. So when you make up that rule "Bhangra is wrong, no sikh should listen to it". Well good on you for taking the time for telling me what to do, but buddy how do you think i learned the little bit of punjabi/hindi/urdu that i know? Thats right. That evil bhangra music.

So after my whole experience, i dont really believe in falling in love anymore. Thats ok. I'am allowed to change my mind through experience. But i learned so much from it, and i think it was something i needed to go through. I know whats important now, and its something i look back with no regrets. And in the midst of all this, i was close to my Guru. I think at least. So please, lets put an end to this "sikhs shouldnt do X" where X is something that isnt necessarily always net negative.

d33p,

Nanak Dukhiya Sab Sansar

There is such thing as true love towards opposite sex...rarely you will find couples like bhagat kabir and mata laoi rest these days majority of them are contract based marriages.

People usually say i have un-conditional love towards my gf or bf... this is pure bullocks...they are dillusioned.. all are phsyical attraction.. i got my freind who was mona before goin out with this girl for yrs...when he gotta his crown back and took amrit.. his girl starting away from him.. just because he start keep follong sikhi...girl became stranger to him... is this love???... only un-conditional love you have is towards your guroo/murshad.

Murda Hoi Na Murid gali hov na

You wanna see true love... read the lives of guroo amar das ji...no matter how bad the weather is..every night get up and get the water from far away by walking..doesnt matter if its raining or cold wear.. every day get up and get water for guroo sahiban so that guroo angad dev ji can do inshanan.....every night routine...look at the dedication... this kinda of love and seeva only person who is "Murda" [Living Dead) can do....only marajeevaa can do...

salok ||

kabeer kasouttee raam kee jhoot(h)aa ttikai n koe ||

raam kasouttee so sehai jo marajeevaa hoe ||1||

Shalok:

Kabeer, such is the touchstone of the Lord; the false cannot even touch it.

He alone passes this test of the Lord, who remains dead while yet alive. ||1||

That is to me is real essence of LOVE... True love.. unconditonal love... rest are all in secondary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Akaaaaaaaaaaaaaal hiii akaaaaaaaaaal

anand hiiii anand