Women Who Want A Son..

G.Kaur

10 hours ago, Ragmaala said:

If you go to amir bhandar teeka, page 488, read the sakhi of sun-samadhi walean di.  It was about people who ate earnings of their daughters.

I think daughter's earning at that time was income from prostitution as young women used to get married 14-15 years of age and there was hardly any employment opportunities for them  , so there was hardly any chance that daughter can provide her earning through fair means

Edited by kdsingh80

8 hours ago, kdsingh80 said:

I think daughter's earning at that time was income from prostitution as young women used to get married 14-15 years of age and there was hardly any employment opportunities for them  , so there was hardly any chance that daughter can provide her earning through fair means

Bro, it could also refer to Dowry money. 

Bhul chuk maaf

22 minutes ago, kdsingh80 said:

How dowry is daughter's income?, It is daughter in law that brings this money

Dowry protects female property/income rights, from parent's side. It became a social evil, due to greedy people like me. Gurparsaad, will make a new topic on it, as we are going off-topic.

Bhul chuk maaf

13 hours ago, kdsingh80 said:

Some times the dowry is GIVEN to the daughter in law... it's not something brought TO the In-Laws. 

Usually gold.  Bridal sets and the like as well... meant to give the girl some form of support she can sell them if she is ever left out in the cold by her husband, she can sell the gold (worth thousands usually) and use that to live off for awhile until she can get on her feet again. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 18 November 2015 05:17:43, kdsingh80 said:

As if this lasts forever!! Once the greedy in-laws lay their hands on it, it is anyone's guess where it all disappears to!!  She is left poor and helpless, forced to milk her parents or brothers again.  The problem with our people is, greed has made them blind.

The sakhi narrated above by Chatanga paaji, is related to Mata Desa jee (who lived during the times of Sixth Master). She received the boon of bearing 7 sons.

Additionally, some people confuse her for Mata Sulakhani jee (who lived during the times of Tenth Master), which is a glitch. Please listen below for more details.

http://kam1825.podbean.com/e/differences-between-mai-desa-and-mai-salakhani/

Bhul chuk maaf

• 4 months later...
2 hours ago, Shu Shu said:

I notice the dancer on the right can barely suppress his grinning, head waggling instincts. lol

10 hours ago, dalsingh101 said:

I notice the dancer on the right can barely suppress his grinning, head waggling instincts. lol

hahah..pmsl

I like this fella, think hes got good voice and theres meaning to his songs..but when he starts dancing like a janani, i find it weird like f'ikin creepy..