Guru Nanak Visit To Srilanka

Hi Guys.

I am Sarvjeet Singh Modi, a resident of India, a transporter by profession, a simple person who always had a normal life with a standard daily routine, and a passion of knowing more about religions, i have great insight of these ,I have read and debated a lot about them with whose so ever is interested.

My this passion gave me the most unexpected, internal enlightment discovery, I went to Srilanka in 2009, this trip was organized to understand the inside and truth of Ramayan. We visited many palces, such as Ashok Vatika, where Ravan after Sita haran took her to stay with him , Sita Vaka and Vibhishan Temple, where Laxman ji and Hanuman ji crowned Vibhishan as the king of Srilanka and many more, after this I truly understood a lot of things.I found that there are hindu temples in Jafna and Baticolova District but there are many buddhist temples in rest of Srilanka. Ashok Kumar Kainth ,our guide in Srilanka help us to communicate with the local people, because the local language is singla, Tamil and Malyalam. He also guided us to discover the insights of Ramayan.

I always had read in various Sakhi's that Guru Nanak Dev ji visited Srilanka in second Udasi But we found that there was no Single Gurudwara there, So after consulting various people , we decided to conduct a reseach in order to find exactly the traces of Guru Nanak Ji in Srilanka. According to the map provided in the sakhiyan, we went to the respective places ,starting with columbo , the Capital of Srilanka ,there was not a single local gurudwara sahib in srilanka .We went to the archeological center of columbo , where we consulted the director ,who told us that there's a script of Guru Nanak Dev ji in Anuradh Pura museum (300 km away from columbo) and we also found that somewhere in District Kotte there was a copper plate inscribed with "NANAK ACHARYA" , honored by the people of kotte to Guru Nanak dev ji. We continued our search of finding this copper plate, but after searching various temples and museum of kotte ,we were still not able to locate it. We also found that there is a Mardana Nagar , it clicked us ,that might be the city is named on the name of saint Mardana ji, who used to accompany Guru Nanak Dev ji everywhere. In Mardana Nagar, after talking to the heads of the city it was not clear about the history ,so we are still working on this fact.

DSC04107.JPG

Temples of Srilanka,where we surveyed everyone, to understand the truth

If anyone has more insight to our research or anyone wants to know anything.. can write to us.

For more, Visit: http://ssmodi21753.blogspot.in/

RESEARCH CONTINUES (PART- 2)....

After this ,we went to Anuradh Pura Museum where Gurunanak Dev ji went according to our Sakhiyan , where he debated and spread his message of humanity all around the district among the buddhist(Buddhghosht). There's a Buddhist Spoot, the biggest spoot in the world.We also discovered various Scripts , We found that there were bits of punjabi language inscribed over them and we also found a script with Nanak written over it.We discovered that the script might contain 1400-1600 AD languages i.e Landa, Takri, Sharda , Gupta and Devagiri which were used in North India i.e Himachal Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir, Punjab till Sindh .These languages were getting mixed during this period and Gurmukhi originated from the mix of these languages only.We are still working, over decoding the Script found in Srilanka.

999343_649770988383823_1989348945_n.jpg

996818_649772391717016_1418347999_n.jpg

We did our survey by going to various museums, morgue record points, various churches and mosques and unlimited temples . We also conducted Secondary Research , We google about the various locations that where pointed containing gurudwara, we also visited such places and we found that there were no gurudwara in those areas and not even sikh families were residing there.

Good research Bhaji. I admire your commitment, and may Waheguru bless you. Please keep sharing your progress with us.

Bhaji, may I ask if you are using Bhai Bala's Janamsakhi as the main source of your historical research?

Veerji,

Waheguru meher kare...

and We are not using Bhai Bala's Janamsakhi as a main source of our historical research, it was the most interesting medium of making people (not even our sikh family but people of other religions too) aware about the history of our Guru's ,thats why we added it in our blogs .

Research Continues (PART -3)....

On internet,it was mentioned that at Dbar in Srilanka,there's a gurudwara, but when we reached there , there was no gurudwara, we researched a lot, we asked local people about it ,we went to every single lane in batticaloa to understand the truth , we found that there was a hindu temple, where scholars disclosed that its the place where Hanuman Ji , flamed out the fire on his tail, which Ravan had flamed , when Hanuman ji came to his kingdom, to rescue Sita ji.

So, after discussing further history of batticaloa with the scholars there in Srilanka, We found that near baticolova at kurukkalmadam , Guru Nanak dev ji came and even in our Sakhiyan ,their are such evidences..

We visited kurukkalmadam and we started looking for our traces all over the city, we reached every possible agency, all the local residents about the history of the place, also went to every possible temple, mosque, church because their is maximum average of muslim and hindu religions.

In Kurukkalmadam , we where being treated as the chief guest by one of the government school , who were organizing there annual sports day . We were given a true respect from the authority and we felt pleasured watching school kids performing their best.

DSC03263.JPG

DSC03262.JPG

DSC03266.JPG

For more, visit: http://ssmodi21753.blogspot.in/

Research continues(PART-4)....

Next day, we went to the temple in Kurukkalmadam and it was divine being in that temple, we researched about the temple from various local people and priest of the temple, who disclosed that there is a pond behind the temple.

The fact was that kurukkalmadam is a place which is of 1km range and at one end their is the silent sea and other side a rough and deep sea and it was strange finding sea in the middle of that place.

DSC04085.JPG

That water of the pond was different...felt instincts of powerfulness(This was the first time during my whole journey , i felt instincts that were so powerful and peaceful).

For more visit: http://ssmodi21753.blogspot.in/

Research Continues(PART-6)....

Finding the sweet retha was our biggest achievement. I thanked Waheguru ji for the special gift.

we asked the local people that "Are there any more trees like this one?", the reply was "No, this is the only one", while we were discussing with them, we came to know about the head of kurukkalmadam, who had written a book about Guru Nanak Sahib ji visit here, we felt good that there are people who are interested and are writing about our religion in Srilanka.

We went to those people ,had a good long discussion , They said that there were 2 Guru Nanak who came to Srilanka. We corrected that "No, only 1 guru ,Guru Nanak Dev ji came here".

We were facing a communication barrier, because we were not able to conversate with them in their local language.They were just focusing on 2 Guru Nanak, who came to Srilanka, They said "NANAK GURUNATH" came during the 2nd visit to Srilanka...

After a long Debate we explained them that it means "NANAK GURU KA NATH" and not Nanak Gurunath .

It was clear that they confused BHAI PAINDA JI as Guru Nanak.

Many years after Guru Nanak Dev ji visit to Srilanka, when our holy book "GURU GRANTH SAHIB JI " was being complied, Guru Arjun Dev ji asked Bhai Painda ji to go and get the sakhiyan from Srilanka.

We Debated long on this topic , we showed our Sakhiyan and other evidence to those people and they were very much convinced .Finally after that long session we asked our leave ,In respect those people presented us with a copy of the book.

Images of the book written by the head of kurukkalmadam

DSC04025.JPG

DSC04026.JPG

for more, visit : http://ssmodi21753.blogspot.in/

Research Continues(PART-5)....

Main uss jal nu chakya bhi, tanh mainu vibration mehsus hui!! (I even tasted that holy sweet water and felt a vibration inside me), then we went to a temple ,and we found a symbol of a flower (similar to the symbol we posted in the later post)which matched the symbol in the script we had found in the museum.

There was a silver plate there, on which that symbol of the flower is inscribed. We tried to figure out the importance of that symbol, from various scholars and priest of the temple and they told us that that symbol is considered very much religious and the people worship it wholeheartedly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOE7lRaJzC8

We discussed this aspects with various local people ,who hesitated in the beginning but later as they got to know us and our work, they opened up with us and told us that there was a temple which was here since 100 years but dutch destroyed it , when they were in Srilanka and still the remainings of the temple were buried at that very place.

Next day, near the pond I prayed to god "Waheguru ji , main vyakul ho raha hun, par koi nai samaj payega meri vyakulta ko , ap meri madad karo, koi avshesh deyo ji, ki main loka nu dass saka ki haan!, tusi aaye si aithe..waheguru ji ,ashish baksho..wahegueu!!"(Waheguru ji, I am feeling restless after seeing the purity here and no body will be able to understand this , please waheguruji , give me some clue , so that i could tell everyone about your visit here.. Waheguru ji..help me..Waheguru!!)

DSC04094.JPG

and then I continued looking around that area, there was a place where I felt as if something is pushing me towards it. and my feets rushed towards that place and when I stoped, I was standing infront of a huge tree and it was bearing small fruits just similar to retha. we tried tasting that fruit, but local people stopped us from tasting it, they said it was poison.

But we had faith in the power and we tasted it and it was a sweet( after the fact that retha is always considered sour, most bitter and such a product is used as a soap in other parts of the world)

DSC04103.JPG

• 8 months later...

Hi Guys.

I am Sarvjeet Singh Modi, a resident of India, a transporter by profession, a simple person who always had a normal life with a standard daily routine, and a passion of knowing more about religions, i have great insight of these ,I have read and debated a lot about them with whose so ever is interested.

My this passion gave me the most unexpected, internal enlightment discovery, I went to Srilanka in 2009, this trip was organized to understand the inside and truth of Ramayan. We visited many palces, such as Ashok Vatika, where Ravan after Sita haran took her to stay with him , Sita Vaka and Vibhishan Temple, where Laxman ji and Hanuman ji crowned Vibhishan as the king of Srilanka and many more, after this I truly understood a lot of things.I found that there are hindu temples in Jafna and Baticolova District but there are many buddhist temples in rest of Srilanka. Ashok Kumar Kainth ,our guide in Srilanka help us to communicate with the local people, because the local language is singla, Tamil and Malyalam. He also guided us to discover the insights of Ramayan.

I always had read in various Sakhi's that Guru Nanak Dev ji visited Srilanka in second Udasi But we found that there was no Single Gurudwara there, So after consulting various people , we decided to conduct a reseach in order to find exactly the traces of Guru Nanak Ji in Srilanka. According to the map provided in the sakhiyan, we went to the respective places ,starting with columbo , the Capital of Srilanka ,there was not a single local gurudwara sahib in srilanka .We went to the archeological center of columbo , where we consulted the director ,who told us that there's a script of Guru Nanak Dev ji in Anuradh Pura museum (300 km away from columbo) and we also found that somewhere in District Kotte there was a copper plate inscribed with "NANAK ACHARYA" , honored by the people of kotte to Guru Nanak dev ji. We continued our search of finding this copper plate, but after searching various temples and museum of kotte ,we were still not able to locate it. We also found that there is a Mardana Nagar , it clicked us ,that might be the city is named on the name of saint Mardana ji, who used to accompany Guru Nanak Dev ji everywhere. In Mardana Nagar, after talking to the heads of the city it was not clear about the history ,so we are still working on this fact.

DSC04107.JPG

Temples of Srilanka,where we surveyed everyone, to understand the truth

If anyone has more insight to our research or anyone wants to know anything.. can write to us.

im sanchayan from kurukkalmadam. im so happy to see our village article .i would like to join in your research . if u want any helps mail me @sanjay.karunaharan@gmail.com

Research Continues(PART-5)....

Main uss jal nu chakya bhi, tanh mainu vibration mehsus hui!! (I even tasted that holy sweet water and felt a vibration inside me), then we went to a temple ,and we found a symbol of a flower (similar to the symbol we posted in the later post)which matched the symbol in the script we had found in the museum.

There was a silver plate there, on which that symbol of the flower is inscribed. We tried to figure out the importance of that symbol, from various scholars and priest of the temple and they told us that that symbol is considered very much religious and the people worship it wholeheartedly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOE7lRaJzC8

We discussed this aspects with various local people ,who hesitated in the beginning but later as they got to know us and our work, they opened up with us and told us that there was a temple which was here since 100 years but dutch destroyed it , when they were in Srilanka and still the remainings of the temple were buried at that very place.

Next day, near the pond I prayed to god "Waheguru ji , main vyakul ho raha hun, par koi nai samaj payega meri vyakulta ko , ap meri madad karo, koi avshesh deyo ji, ki main loka nu dass saka ki haan!, tusi aaye si aithe..waheguru ji ,ashish baksho..wahegueu!!"(Waheguru ji, I am feeling restless after seeing the purity here and no body will be able to understand this , please waheguruji , give me some clue , so that i could tell everyone about your visit here.. Waheguru ji..help me..Waheguru!!)

DSC04094.JPG

and then I continued looking around that area, there was a place where I felt as if something is pushing me towards it. and my feets rushed towards that place and when I stoped, I was standing infront of a huge tree and it was bearing small fruits just similar to retha. we tried tasting that fruit, but local people stopped us from tasting it, they said it was poison.

But we had faith in the power and we tasted it and it was a sweet( after the fact that retha is always considered sour, most bitter and such a product is used as a soap in other parts of the world)

DSC04103.JPG

I'm sanchayan . im from kurukkalmadam . im so happy to see this photoes because during that time i was there ... i like to join in your research . if u want any helps mail me @sanjay.karunaharan@gmail.com

That flower maybe a Lotus Flower, Kamal Flower, Kaval Flower, kanwal Flower or Padma Flower

http://richavermaresearch2010.blogspot.co.uk/2010/11/padmalotus-motif.html

http://www.123rf.com/photo_26865814_hindu-temple-sri-muthumariamman-thevasthanam-at-matale-sri-lanka.html

Edited by JatherdarSahib

• 2 weeks later...

According to a book titled:

A glossary of the tribes and castes of the Punjab and North-West frontier province.

Based on the census report for the Punjab, 1883, by the late Sir Denzil Ibbetson ... and the census report for the Punjab, 1892, by Sir Edward Maclagan ... and compiled by H.A. Rose

You may find this extract interesting and relevant to your research -

BHAT9.A. — Like the Mani^r, Banjdra and others the Bhdtrd, is a pedlar.

He claims Brahman origin, and his traditions say that one Mddho

Mai, a Brahman rishi, a singer and a poet, once loved and wedded

Kd,m Kundala, a dancing gii-1. From this pair are descended the

Madhwas or Bhdtras.* The latter word appears to be a diminutive

of the Sanskrit bhatta, a bard. However this may be, a curious

legend accounts for the Bh4trd,s' location in the Punidb and their

conversion to Sikhism. Madho was born and died in Ceylon,T but

in the reign of Babar, GuriJ N^nak visited that island, and there

made a disciple of Changa Bha^ra, a descendant of Mddho. The

Adi Granth records that 20 maunds of salt a day were required for

Changa's numerous followers, many of whom were converted to

Sikhism and followed Guru Nd,nak back to India.

♦ This tradition is said to be preserved in the Mahabharata and Singh 4 san Batisi. In a

j)ttri/;a7ia of Mahi^rnja Ranji't Singh of 7th Asauj, 1866 Sambat, and now in the possession

of a Bhatra of Dhariwil, the Madhwas w^ere exempted from the grazing tax.

t A Sikh temple, known as Dera Baba, was built in Ceylon to the Guru's memory at the

Madhw4s' original home.

unquote

Interestingly, in another book with the same title but published by Rose, it is mentioned (page 688) that a Brahmin named Misra Jwala Parashad was looking after the Colombo sangat which was at Colombo fort in Colombo.The same paragraph also mentions a Sindhi firm Topan Singh Mothuwal who are stated to be in Ceylon (modern day Sri Lanka) even before the times of GND. "Their head office is in karachi and their munsi or agent in Colombo Gopal das by name, is still known to be a good Sikh"

I hope this information helps

"— Like the Mani^r, " ??, "j)ttri/;a7ia of Mahi^rnja Ranji't Singh of 7th Asauj"?? what is all this?

"unquote"? Where is the "quote"? Was this a cut and paste in haste?

Do not force yourself to comment without without showing some respect to the original topic. Remember that.

Edited by OnPathToSikhi

I would be honest here.

You never are.

I am seething with anger.

You are angry at yourself. Anger is not a good sign ... for you.

I spent my precious time going through 19th century books and reproduced the original text

Your original texts speak "— Like the Mani j)ttri/;a7ia of Mahi^rnja Ranji't Singh of 7th Asauj" which I don't think people understand.

and here this f*#&wit

So you have decided to show your real self.

about showing respect to the original topic!!!

You don't want to show respect to the topics and discussion here? Let the mods hear that.

Personal attacks so ignored. as far as the quoted text is concerned, i reproduced as printed in the book published in the earlier 20th century. It (the quoted text) is also irrelevant to the topic so can be ignored. stop hijacking threads ONLY to attack me personally.

"hijacking threads"? I think you should give a strong look at yourself regarding this. I have made my point.

I would urge you and the other members of the chest-thumping (chest-beating when they are not busy making untenable claims) brigade to desist from personal attacks and to make contributions others may learn from.

The contributions being made by others are well worth learning from. But you .. you are here only for your anti-Sikh agenda. In fact the discussions were constructive until you showed up in this forum and started spewing your bottled up hate. You have mastered the art of hijacking threads in your typical cunning ways, derail and then start you anti-Sikh and anti-Khalsa rants.

I would writing this after taking a strong look at myself and would also apologise to you and others for my outburst.

Giving you the benefit of the doubt.