Human Torch’ Baby Tests Normal, Doctors Stumped

kdsingh80

]CHENNAI/PUDUCHERRY: Is a 50-day-old boy from a village in Tamil Nadu a 21st century victim of a phenomenon widely accepted in the 1800s but since dismissed by experts?
Adding to the medical mystery that doctors confront with Rahul, whose parents claim has suddenly "caught fire" at least four times since he was born, results of preliminary tests released on Monday showed no abnormality — or any reason for the child to suffer from recurring bouts of spontaneous combustion.
Doctors at Kilpauk Medical College and Hospital, who are treating the child, conducted a series of tests to check Rahul's vital functions. "We received some of the test results and the baby's liver and kidneys seem to be fine. X-ray results show no damage to his bones," said paediatrician Dr Narayana Babu.
The baby's blood, urine and sweat samples are also being analysed to check for any toxic substance, Dr Babu said. "We'll get the results from a chromosome test by the end of the week," he added.
Rahul, of T Parangani in Villupuram district, has been undergoing treatment at the hospital in Chennai since Friday. Reports of his condition have generated a debate among doctors on spontaneous human combustion, with some stating that it is a possibility and others completely rejecting the theory.
Superstitious residents of the village where the family lives believe that the baby is possessed by evil spirits. A group of residents of T Parangani had directed the baby's parents, P Karna and Rajeshwari, to leave the village and stay in a temple till the baby is "cured". Rajeshwari took Rahul to a temple in a nearby hamlet, Brammadesam, on August 5 and stayed there till officials in the district decided to move the baby to Chennai for better medical care.
Rahul's grandfather, V Perumal, 75, said his son and daughter-in-law, both manual workers, came to the village with the baby in the third week of July.
"My son said the baby caught fire twice when they were staying with Rajeshwari's parents," Perumal said. "I used to stay awake till 4am looking after the baby and then my wife would wake up and take over. One night, within three days of their visit, we heard the baby scream and we found a sheet near the baby on fire. Fire soon engulfed the baby's head and neck. We doused it with water."
Perumal's wife Ponamma said their hut caught fire on July 30, making the villagers panic. "The villagers asked the parents to take the baby to a temple. None of the villagers gave us accommodation. We spent that night in the rain as the thatched roof was gutted," Ponamma said.
The elderly couple denied charges of child abuse. "How could we torture our grandson?" Ponamma asked. "The baby's parents too would not do him any harm." Police said they did not receive any complaint of child abuse. "We have not received any complaints or direction from the government to probe whether it is a case of child abuse," said Villupuram supe

I wonder if that has anything to do with this.

Raaaas claaaht! Lol

That is by far the most mind blowing video i've seen! Thanks for sharing Bhagat!

Riddhian siddhian and that!

Okay. Maybe I'm becoming credulous in my old age!? Lol

I really want to believe it as well, but there's always that little thing inside me saying it can't be real lol.

It may be real though, they didn't really have an explanation to the electric shocks 'chi'. I think it could be real, but maybe a bit more mystified?

Who knows.

Lol doing a magic trick somehow debunks actual magic?

So if i did performed a trick where I showed you that I could speak to a someone really far away without a cellphone, have I debunked cellphones? Similarly if someone can burn paper or project electricity from their body, and another does a trick which appears similar, the latter has not debunked the former, he has simply tricked you.

I really want to believe it as well, but there's always that little thing inside me saying it can't be real lol.

Stop trying to believe and actually learn about it. And the only way to do so is to do it yourself. I don't know any layman being able to project electricity from his body, it sounds incredibly difficult and so that's an experiment set up for failure but I do know one layman who can do this and it looks like the place to start:

Check out his other videos where he talks about it more.

http://www.youtube.com/user/darrylsloan/search?query=telekenisis

Edited by BhagatSingh

Interesting, will check it out tomorrow. i don't doubt this can actually happen, I just doubt the individual(s).

I wish this guy were still around and was called to the west for actual testing (the Indonesian guy). Kind of irrelevant, but as a kid I used to have dreams where I would will myself to fly and move objects with my mind. A lot of my dreams were actually carrying on from previous dreams and eventually I lost the power as I got older lol.

Hmm:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BIWhNh5V6Q

Edited by Singh559

I'm holding the stance that although I do not discount the possibility of such things, I also know there are a lot of charlatans out there. In this day and age, a small dose of scepticism isn't a bad idea. But being absolutely closed off to possibilities is not a good idea either.

What was sad was that the Indonesian guy never related his meditation technique in detail, so we could try for ourselves.

I wish this guy were still around and was called to the west for actual testing (the Indonesian guy).
What was sad was that the Indonesian guy never related his meditation technique in detail, so we could try for ourselves.

That sounds good and all but when I think about it, I think this guy should stay as far away from the west as possible and only teach his techniques to students who are passionate about it and who will take his moral and ethical teachings along with the art, under a guru-sikh relationship.

what a load of nonsense it's magic tricks for attention seeking purposes or trying to make money. The parents are either setting the child on fire or something is setting the place on fire like a rat knocking down a candle every night, or some faulty electrics like a faulty heating blanket or something else sparking it off

In the chi videos what's amazing about putting 2 combustible substances in paper and holding them kind of apart so that with a small touch they would touch together to ignite potassium has similar effects with water.

Acupuncture is woo woo

Nice demonstration with magnetised knives

The other one looks like a small piece of foil on a motor with a wire running through the table with a weak battery and a switch either in his hand or on his foot or in use by another person and the video was cut, while the actual equipment was moved away for a false shoot of what looks like real occult powers

Well aren't you a bucket of sunshine!