Grooming Of Sikh Girls In Mainstream Media

Well, look at this way. More Singhs on TV would just be for our own satisfaction. For some Sikhs it will just be a case of 'Oh look a Singh!'. Look at the shows that are on TV anyway. Sikhs on Coronation Street, The Only Way is Essex or Big Brother? It would be embaressing, especially as the Sikhs who gravitate towards TV are just clowns anyway as that's how they get by. Judging by the reaction to the Sikh grooming show on BBC1, a lot of people just dont get Sikhs and no amount of explaining will change their biases. Taking that into account it would be hard to find decent writers who can take Sikhs and put them into shows in non-ridiculous ways. Seeing as how some Singhs act really hedonistic in places like London it might not be the best PR. On the other hand if you could find handsome Singhs to put on TV, there's nothing to say the natives wont watch it and be like 'they are doing alright aint they?' with the problems that brings. I would like to see more SInghs in movies though.

The things I suggested can be done on a personal level. Sometimes we Sikhs got to think on our feet. Turning up the heat and cutting our way out is the only way these people understand. Also building ourselves up and cutting the sulleh out would change a lot. If I walk into a restaurant or takeaway and see sulleh serving I just turn round and walk back out. I gave my workmate grief for eating at fried chicken shops and now he's stopped. I only use taxis that I know the driver of. I would be happy if there were more Singhs driving cabs - some of these sulleh earn up to a grand a day in cash! It's no wonder their kids can rent decent cars, have fancy dinners, book swanky hotels etc to groom gullible girls. More exposure of what they get up to in local politics etc will eventually bare fruit. Let them ride the tiger, it will come to a stop one day, that shouldnt stop us from chasing after them.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 years later...
On 9/2/2013 at 6:00 PM, HSD1 said:

It split into the lower middle class who no longer do blue collar jobs and work in various parts of the service sector (paid and unpaid) instead. The other half are the 'cash in hand'/benefits for life types who dont want to work or at least not give the goverment their cut.

The days of millions of blue collar workers jovially doing their menial jobs is long gone, in the UK at least. Marx would be turning in his grave.

This isn't true. The blue collar workers are here, many work on sites. 

On 4/11/2022 at 11:50 PM, dalsingh101 said:

This isn't true. The blue collar workers are here, many work on sites. 

A lot of those trades are well paid though. Plumbers, electricians, carpenters, roofers, plasterers etc can bring in as much cash (or more) than most graduates. Many builders I’ve known now live in pretty swanky areas. 

The last blue collar jobs are in things like manufacturing, cleaning, warehouses etc. The sorts of jobs brits won’t do. There is a whole ‘poor person’ class now due to austerity, cuts and people forced to use foodbanks/ heat-or-eat and all that.  

Would you consider a working class boy who becomes a footballer and ends up on five figures a week to still be working class? What about people who claim they are working class but secretly vote Tory?

10 hours ago, HSD said:

A lot of those trades are well paid though. Plumbers, electricians, carpenters, roofers, plasterers etc can bring in as much cash (or more) than most graduates. Many builders I’ve known now live in pretty swanky areas. 

I'm not disputing that, but they have certain characteristics and attitudes that differentiate them from those perceived to be above them in the 'class hierarchy'.  

10 hours ago, HSD said:

Would you consider a working class boy who becomes a footballer and ends up on five figures a week to still be working class? What about people who claim they are working class but secretly vote Tory?

I'm not surprised at this, it's like a respectable way to still vote racists in power. Not that labour are any better in different ways.  

1 hour ago, paapiman said:

A lot of Amritdharis in the UK are associated with the AKJ right?

Bhul chuk maaf

It's mixed. 

On 4/13/2022 at 11:05 AM, dalsingh101 said:

I'm not disputing that, but they have certain characteristics and attitudes that differentiate them from those perceived to be above them in the 'class hierarchy'.  

I think the ones further up the layer cake are just better at hiding it or pretending otherwise.