Sweet Nectar Taste in Mouth From Simran

Lololo

So I got sweet taste in my mouth the other day while I was meditating, planning to do some painting.

It was in the back of my throat.

I tried cleaning it with water, with clean air (because the sweet quality kinda felt air-like), and then later on, I tried flooding it with masala and sweets and stuff.

It still remained, although at a reduced level.

Then I went to bed and it was gone when I woke up.

Twas cool! :D

Next time try the raw chili bite test and see if it still remains.

That's what a sadhu asked me to do when I couldn't accept what it was. Needless to say I never did, but just took his word for it.

Edited by Sat1176

Lololo

So I got sweet taste in my mouth the other day while I was meditating, planning to do some painting.

It was in the back of my throat.

I tried cleaning it with water, with clean air (because the sweet quality kinda felt air-like), and then later on, I tried flooding it with masala and sweets and stuff.

It still remained, although at a reduced level.

Then I went to bed and it was gone when I woke up.

Twas cool! :D

You never know it might be more potent than we think. There are stories of mahapursh drinking poison and it having no effect on them. I doubt ours is that strong though so DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME... 

You never know it might be more potent than we think. There are stories of mahapursh drinking poison and it having no effect on them. I doubt ours is that strong though so DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME... 

Well I could still taste other stuff while I had the sweetness in my mouth. So I would have still tasted the chilli just as strongly.

Sadhguru drank venom. And he said it's possible to take it in small volumes but told people not to try it themselves lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EshUr_raBOc

Agreed, I can also eat and taste other flavours but the full blast of the sweet taste returns very quickly afterwards.

As far as I understand things now. There are two types of nectar from meditation.

1) Appears in the early stages and is caused by inhalation and exhalation and focused concentration on gurmantar.

2) When anhad naad becomes pargat then when one puts their surti on that a more intoxicating amrit nectar drips. This is probably the one referenced in Gurbani in some of the more advanced pangtis.

Agreed, I can also eat and taste other flavours but the full blast of the sweet taste returns very quickly afterwards.

As far as I understand things now. There are two types of nectar from meditation.

1) Appears in the early stages and is caused by inhalation and exhalation and focused concentration on gurmantar.

2) When anhad naad becomes pargat then when one puts their surti on that a more intoxicating amrit nectar drips. This is probably the one referenced in Gurbani in some of the more advanced pangtis.

"full blast" sounds like a strong taste, Was it that powerful?

1 - Is it possible to have sweet taste just from the exercise of it, which lacks meditation?

2 - Yea Sant Kabir ji talks about this.

Several years ago, I translated and posted the translations of his bani, and I noticed in one of them he mentions what you are talking about.

Although at that time, I did not know there could be a physical drip or a physical taste.

Bani of Sant Kabir Das, Shabad #2, is at the end of Page 92

Introduction: The first shabad was a complete lesson on it's own. In the second Shabad, Sant Kabir describes his experience with the Divine.

ਸ੍ਰੀਰਾਗੁ ਭਗਤ ਕਬੀਰ ਜੀਉ ਕਾ

Sri Raag of Bhagat Kabir ji.

ਅਚਰਜ ਏਕੁ ਸੁਨਹੁ ਰੇ ਪੰਡੀਆ ਅਬ ਕਿਛੁ ਕਹਨੁ ਨ ਜਾਈ

Listen oh Pandit, there is one wonder that cannot be described.

Background: But Kabir still goes on to describe it. :d

ਸੁਰਿ ਨਰ ਗਣ ਗੰਧ੍ਰਬ ਜਿਨਿ ਮੋਹੇ ਤ੍ਰਿਭਵਣ ਮੇਖੁਲੀ ਲਾਈ

Heavenly Beings, Mortals, the celestial singers, the dwellers of the Three worlds: Heaven, Earth and Netherworld, are all roped to attachment. 1.

Background: The celestial singers sing for the Heavenly Beings, the Devtas.

ਰਾਜਾ ਰਾਮ ਅਨਹਦ ਕਿੰਗੁਰੀ ਬਾਜੈ

The meditation of King Ram is like the Unstruck melody of the Kinguri.

ਜਾ ਕੀ ਦਿਸਟਿ ਨਾਦ ਲਿਵ ਲਾਗੈ ਰਹਾਉ

By His kind gaze, we are attuned to the shabad of the Guru, Naad, that celestial sound-silence. Think about this.

Background: Kinguri is a musical instrument. To understand the unstruck melody of the Kinguri, we need to ask ourselves, "What is the sound of Kinguri if it is not struck?" It is like a Zen Koan, "What is the sound of one hand clapping?" and like a Zen Koan, it is solved by meditating on the question.

ਭਾਠੀ ਗਗਨੁ ਸਿੰਙਿਆ ਅਰੁ ਚੁੰਙਿਆ ਕਨਕ ਕਲਸ ਇਕੁ ਪਾਇਆ

ਤਿਸੁ ਮਹਿ ਧਾਰ ਚੁਐ ਅਤਿ ਨਿਰਮਲ ਰਸ ਮਹਿ ਰਸਨ ਚੁਆਇਆ

My Dasam Duar is the distilling fire, containing a golden pot, into which drips a gentle stream of the purest essence, through the Ida and Pingala energy channels, which I taste with my tongue (when it utters "Ram"). 2.

Background: The word translated as essence is ਰਸ, whose exact translation is "juice". Hence Kabir describes the whole thing as tasting this juice/essence.

ਏਕ ਜੁ ਬਾਤ ਅਨੂਪ ਬਨੀ ਹੈ ਪਵਨ ਪਿਆਲਾ ਸਾਜਿਆ

What is wonderful is that, I have turned my breath into a pot for collecting this essence.

ਤੀਨਿ ਭਵਨ ਮਹਿ ਏਕੋ ਜੋਗੀ ਕਹਹੁ ਕਵਨੁ ਹੈ ਰਾਜਾ

In the three, worlds, there is only one such Yogi, to which no King can be compared.

Background: Is Kabir calling himself the only Yogi in the Three Worlds, i.e. bragging? No, he is stating his experience. The word Yog, ਜੋਗ, means Union of consciousness with Ultimate Consciousness. Kabir is saying, "Through my practice of tasting the essence through the breath, I have united with the Ultimate Consciousness, with the Divine, something more precious than being a ruler of a kingdom. I have, in my essence, become the ruler of all three worlds."

ਐਸੇ ਗਿਆਨ ਪ੍ਰਗਟਿਆ ਪੁਰਖੋਤਮ ਕਹੁ ਕਬੀਰ ਰੰਗਿ ਰਾਤਾ

This knowledge of the Perfect Man (King Ram) has been revealed. Says Kabeer, I am absorbed in his love.

ਅਉਰ ਦੁਨੀ ਸਭ ਭਰਮਿ ਭੁਲਾਨੀ ਮਨੁ ਰਾਮ ਰਸਾਇਨ ਮਾਤਾ

He says, while, the rest of the world is living in ignorance (of Ram), and has forgetten it's true essence (Ram), my mind is intoxicated with Ram, that source of all essences. 4.

Summary

The entire world is hostage to their attachments. It is through Ram's grace that we become attuned to the Guru's shabad. Being attuned, we are led into a meditation, where the essence of all things becomes known.

Questions
How can we know Ram for ourselves and shed our ignorance?
Kabir calls himself a Yogi. Is Kabir's description of meditation a practice like raising the Kundalini or a metaphorical description?
What message is Kabir trying to convey to the Pandit, a religious scholar?

Documentary on Kabir

http://www.petermalakoff.com/kabirmovie.html

Keeping a mishary/sugar crystal in the mouth 24x7 is the best way I can describe it. It's as strong as it gets. I have had the privilege of drinking left over Amrit from an Amrit sanchar. This taste is just like drinking that all the time. I have just come to accept it as part of the process and almighty grace. It does subside if i stop simran for weeks but doesn't take much to trigger it again. Just needs focused dhyaan on Gurmantar for a few days and boom it's back. 

I think Kabirs references are to the 2nd one I'm talking about. 

Keeping a mishary/sugar crystal in the mouth 24x7 is the best way I can describe it. It's as strong as it gets. I have had the privilege of drinking left over Amrit from an Amrit sanchar. This taste is just like drinking that all the time. I have just come to accept it as part of the process and almighty grace. It does subside if i stop simran for weeks but doesn't take much to trigger it again. Just needs focused dhyaan on Gurmantar for a few days and boom it's back. 

I think Kabirs references are to the 2nd one I'm talking about. 

Yes it sounds like #2.

Mine was a subtle taste. It wasn't very intense.

I reckon you  got used to it or does it still bug you?

Speaking of amrit from amrit sanchar ceremony. Sometimes the water I drink tastes like it has sugar mixed into it. I had that experience couple times before getting the sweet taste in my mouth.

Edited by BhagatSingh

And for those on the forum that doubt dasam bani--->>Quite simply, you can ALL find out for yourself what bani is amrit bani and what is kachi.

:)  Dhan Dhan Pita Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj!

Veer Ji, please read the Charitropakhyan Bani, and let us moorakhs know how you feel in terms of Amrit Rass ? I never have any doubts about Pita is bani. PM me if you wish. 

Amrit is part of the journey and we all have that filth.... So go on Bhagat...get that washing !! lol......Prabh is blessing you with the opportunity.

When it happens,,...you definitely do start doubting yourself and thinking if it's just imagination.....I even got to a stage where I thought the tasting was happening every time I hear some music . so what I did was...listened to other music and to see if it activated or not...AND it didn't....ONLY with gurbani and gurmantar jap.

Thanks for the words of encouragement Lucky. Indeed Prabhu as blessed us that we could gather here. Like the sadhus that gathered on mountain tops, we have went against the current, meditated and have gathered here only via his kirpa.

I think some amount of doubt is good. because then you test it through your experience and via listening to experience of others in the sadh sangat.

E.g. Om dhwani was explained to me by one of my clients, and when he told me, then i instantly recognized it vibrating in myself.

Since you and Sat had told me about the sweet taste, when it happened, I instantly recognized it.

When you guys are drinking the 'Sweet Nectar' does it have any affect on the mind for instance does it calm the mind and make it easier to do Simran?

Reposting the question got overlooked.

When you guys are drinking the 'Sweet Nectar' does it have any affect on the mind for instance does it calm the mind and make it easier to do Simran?

Edited by namdhari55

Sweet taste is one of the many indicators of spiritual progress. It comes about because of your calm mind doing simran.

Edited by BhagatSingh

the lack of a response means we don't have answer. Just treating it as a milestone on the path and at this stage thinking of it as parsad.

sometimes I wonder is this the same sweetness waheguru blessed Fareed when he started out in childhood when his mother forgot to put ghur under his asan. We are given these examples as subtle indicators for experiences on the path.

Edited by Sat1176

• 2 weeks later...

Even now I'm aware it's there as taste sense is constantly active and aware. Going to get my doctor to run some blood tests just to rule out diabetes as sweet mouth and hair loss can sometimes be associated with this. I hope it's not relating to anything medical but best to just rule things out, after which just accept as grace and let whatever it is fulfill its purpose.

Pleased to read yesterday that Maskeen ji also experienced and documented it.

When I  questioned a few people about it they said accept it humbly and just swallow. Some got quite annoyed that I was complaining. Some abhiyasis make great efforts to experience it and because it came out of the blue relatively quickly to me I was seen to being unappreciative. In the early days I really struggled to cope and I told a mahapursh I can't handle it and I didn't want it anymore. After repeatedly being told to drink and me foolishly countering them with it's too sweet, there was a look of disgust and they said fine it will go away over time. I don't know what hurt me more, the disappointment they had in me for even complaining or maybe I didn't know what I was requesting. For months after that I lost it and it dawned on me that I had screwed up, but was relieved for a break from the sensation for a while. Over time I began to regret more and more that maybe in my ignorance I had put a road block in my own spiritual journey.

It came back again occasionally but never for long durations like before.

Lucky is spot on about it not always coming directly from simran but any focused religious task, like reading Gurbani or other religious texts.

After putting in some hard effort over a week ago its back and this time it is not showing any signs of stopping. Oh Balle Balle!!! Doing a little mental dance. Kind of pleased to have it back this time. Acts as a form of encouragement I'm moving again.

So my blood tests have come back normal and am not diabetic which is good news. I must admit I was a little worried about that one.

So this sweet nectar doesn't seem to related any medical issues therefore I have to accept I may be experiencing it due to simran. Waheguru

Just did a blood diabetes test and my reading is in the normal range. Phew.

Conclusion : must be experiencing amrit nectar from above.

Waheguru.

Lol I did a blood test two years ago and got the same result. Stupid me for still doubting.

Appears the sensation can be invoked by inverting the tongue backwards and up behind the uvula and into the nasal cavity.

http://www.ananda.org/a-place-called-ananda/devarshi/1398/paramhansa-yogananda-and-khechari-mudra/

http://www.prem-rawat-bio.org/nectar.html

So my blood tests have come back normal and am not diabetic which is good news. I must admit I was a little worried about that one.

So this sweet nectar doesn't seem to related any medical issues therefore I have to accept I may be experiencing it due to simran. Waheguru

Good news bro. Keep moving up.

Dhan Guru Nanak....toon hee Nirankar.

Bhul chuk maaf

Edited by paapiman

• 2 months later...

OK,..I've noticed a couple of things that have given me some conclusions about amrit taste and naam amrit. I am just going to give one of my earlier ones here that will help understand and describe the 2nd conclusion that I shall talk about later.

The first result can be 'sort of' verified with gurbani as regards to sweet amrit/nectar.    A few months ago whilst in yoga, we were doing a kriya that involved the chant of "har" (and using stomach force).   That day, I wasn't too well physically and was trying to settle in and override my aches and discomforts... So I knew that I was nowhere near a meditative level. However, I noticed that with the chant of "har" and along with the kriya movement...I immediately felt the sweet taste in my dry/anxious mouth!  Usually, when the sweet taste comes unexpectedly, I always try and think back to exactly what I was doing and where/how my state of mind was. .....Most of the time it is when I hear gurbani, simran or any kind if sift salah, but this usually involves the rom rom kicking in as well, or further magnifying in amplitude...... So, I was a little surprised in the class that day, but I kept it in memory that I was doing "har har" when it started and to note it my mental log book.

Just recently we were doing another kriya and this also involved a chant of "har", and again, the sweetness taste was immediate. The first thing that came to my mind was "amrit bani har har teri"  .. then I thought that there must be more to this link of "amrit" and "har"

Looking into the shabads, there are so many like..

ang 99
ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਰਸੁ ਹਰਿ ਗੁਰ ਤੇ ਪੀਆ ॥
Amriṯ ras har gur ṯe pī▫ā.,

ang 95
ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤੁ ਹਰਿ ਮਨਿ ਭਾਵੈ ਮਿਲਿ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤੁ ਪੀਜੈ ਜੀਉ ॥੨॥
Har har amriṯ har man bẖāvai mil saṯgur amriṯ pījai jī▫o. ||2||
The Ambrosial Nectar of the Lord's Name, Har, Har, is so sweet to my mind. Meeting the True Guru, I drink in this Ambrosial Nectar. ||

ang 119
ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਸਬਦੁ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਹਰਿ ਬਾਣੀ ॥
Amriṯ sabaḏ amriṯ har baṇī.
The Shabad is Amrit; the Lord's Bani is Amrit.

Something like 164 single line tuks that reference "amrit" and "har" ... and funny enough, I was surprised that I never heard it mentioned by any one or any kathavachik.  The problem is that you can't play around and test it to see if it works with "har" or not because your attitude and state of mind has to be correct. If you approach with intention that I wanna see if "ram ram" works or not, then you have already shifted your state of mind for experimental, self gain, maya purposes without noticing....and this approach won't work or bear any fruits...... btw "ram ram" does also work, no doubt.

So, is there a theory for this?.............Well, I'm sure there is a better one than what I can explain. From what I know and have read, they say that a mantar has to be such that it should  complete the internal breath cycle of coming from navel, up the sukhmana, lungs, throat , mouth and to go back down and start again. For this they say that the tongue should touch the roof of the mouth to aid the cycle completeness and flow.

in "Har" it is the "arrrrrrrr" motion that does this. In "wahe-guru", it is the "urrrrrrr" motion,  in "ram" it would be the beginning "rrrrrrrr" motion.    My little self-theory is that this "mechanical" affect of jap is important. However, this is just for saas graas and saas saas simran, which is non-silent, and not full internally mental jap. But for complete silent and mental simran, we should sit with the tongue resting or touching the front roof of mouth and this will promote dripping of "naam/charan amrit" that has a slightly different affect in taste and I will speak about this later.

I read in some abhiyasi book that this ru sound strikes the navel point and lotus at the navel centre which is in downward direction facing genitals for general folks (non mantra practising ones) then start blossoming in upwards direction towards our heads. Here abhiyasi saw darshan of Lord's feet. It is mentions in Sohila sahib's 3rd shabad.

hir crx kvl mkrMd loiBq mno Anidnuo moih AwhI ipAwsw ] 

ik®pw jlu dyih nwnk swirMg kau hoie jw qy qyrY nwie vwsw ]4]3] 

Ratwara Sahib Sant Jee specifically told to elongate this ru sound.

Yes, the yoga science of ru sound and tongue touching roof is to aid in the ascendance of sukham energy towards dasam duar. Once you start doing this regularly the current flow starts to adjust and becomes upward. --->this then helps to 'transform' below the navel-kaam/dark energy towards higher level/whiter- or light energy. I spoke about this another topic of how doing abyaas helps convert 'ojas' into god spiritual energy.

On 12/13/2015 at 4:45 AM, ibrute said:

I read in some abhiyasi book that this ru sound strikes the navel point and lotus at the navel centre which is in downward direction facing genitals for general folks (non mantra practising ones) then start blossoming in upwards direction towards our heads. Here abhiyasi saw darshan of Lord's feet. It is mentions in Sohila sahib's 3rd shabad.

hir crx kvl mkrMd loiBq mno Anidnuo moih AwhI ipAwsw ] 

ik®pw jlu dyih nwnk swirMg kau hoie jw qy qyrY nwie vwsw ]4]3] 

Ratwara Sahib Sant Jee specifically told to elongate this ru sound.

ANG 236

ਜਾਸੁ ਜਪਤ ਕਮਲੁ ਸੀਧਾ ਹੋਇ ॥੭॥

Bhul chuk maaf

• 3 months later...