Sweet Nectar Taste in Mouth From Simran

Not from me unfortunately. Got to much personal stuff going on in my life which has distracted me from simran for a while. Damn shame coz I feel like now I have to start all over again because have lost that drive and momentum I had back then. 

I had the flu last week and post that my ears have been ringing like crazy. The harmonic sounds have been really intense especially when I lie down. Even though I don't consider them anhad I did try and just put my dhyan in my ears and listen for as long as I could. No harm in practicing hey. ;-)

Think i'm getting old....

• 3 months later...
Guest guest guest

difference between the sweet taste diabetics encounter & nam ras (how to tell). Is the nam ras less intense when it starts and does it last for shorter amount of time in the beginning. Plz enlighten me.

On 7/16/2016 at 6:25 PM, Guest guest said:

so if you get a sweet taste in your mouth, so what?  who cares?  what is the point in it?

"hm i got a sweet taste in my mouth".  

in these days of the cost of sugar rising you are getting sweet taste free of cost along with simran ..come on yaar

On 2016-07-16 at 9:25 PM, Guest guest said:

so if you get a sweet taste in your mouth, so what?  who cares?  what is the point in it?

"hm i got a sweet taste in my mouth".  

Nah you get all excited and shit -

"Holy shit! I got sweet taste in my mouth!!! YO EVERYONE GET IN HERE! I GOT SWEEEEETT TAAASTE!!"

And then you remember you are enlightened -

"Hmm.... sweet taste... interesting..."

On a serious note, if you get the sweet taste it means you are doing your practice correctly. Sweet taste is the result of tasting amrit.

Guest guest
On 18 July 2016 at 6:25 PM, BhagatSingh said:

if you get the sweet taste it means you are doing your practice correctly. Sweet taste is the result of tasting amrit.

that is a nice way of looking at it

to me it just seemed like people with little faith chasing petty experiences, but i honestly like your take on it better

but if you do japa with an aim to get sweet taste, you may fall into self delusion.  or you may not...

Guest Gurpreet
45 minutes ago, Guest guest said:

that is a nice way of looking at it

to me it just seemed like people with little faith chasing petty experiences, but i honestly like your take on it better

but if you do japa with an aim to get sweet taste, you may fall into self delusion.  or you may not...

To me and many others it's an inspiration to do Naam Simran. No one is doing jaap to get sweet taste ( they can have it with one phone call ). People are just describing what they are experiencing and it's helping many others. What you call petty experiences can act as catalyst in somebody's spiritual journey. 

Many things are easier said than done. Talking about Faith, if your faith needs no "petty" experience then you should not be surfing this forum but be united with vaheguroo by now. 

Guest guest
21 hours ago, Guest Gurpreet said:

To me and many others it's an inspiration to do Naam Simran. No one is doing jaap to get sweet taste ( they can have it with one phone call ). People are just describing what they are experiencing and it's helping many others. What you call petty experiences can act as catalyst in somebody's spiritual journey. 

Many things are easier said than done. Talking about Faith, if your faith needs no "petty" experience then you should not be surfing this forum but be united with vaheguroo by now. 

what the hell is that supposed to mean?

well likewise if this is an inspiration to you, why are you posting responses rather than doing Naam Simran? 

and many people like to make excuses,  faith is the first step not the last ("sunia, mania").  

Prahlad Jani says he tastes Amrit.  The proof is he lives without food and water, in scorching heat.  Can this Sat person do the same?  And is his 'ringing in the ears' anhad shabad or tinnitus?

if the person claism to have a religious experience, but is not exhibiting any special gyan to go with it, i would be sceptical.

Guest guest
21 hours ago, Guest Gurpreet said:

No one is doing jaap to get sweet taste ( they can have it with one phone call ). 

when i said what the hell is this supposed to mean, i meant this sentence^

Guest Gurpreet
3 hours ago, Guest guest said:

what the hell is that supposed to mean?

Phone call to a sweet shop. 

well likewise if this is an inspiration to you, why are you posting responses rather than doing Naam Simran? 

and many people like to make excuses,  faith is the first step not the last ("sunia, mania").  

Prahlad Jani says he tastes Amrit.  The proof is he lives without food and water, in scorching heat.  Can this Sat person do the same?  And is his 'ringing in the ears' anhad shabad or tinnitus?

if the person claism to have a religious experience, but is not exhibiting any special gyan to go with it, i would be sceptical

Guest ji...There are some people who have so much gyan but no spiritual experience and Vice versa. The least you and I can do is listen what they have to say, experience with it and if it does not go the way it supposed to be find something else. Being skeptical is a great thing but having a closed mind is the worst.  There is no point of sitting here and telling how they are being deluded when we still are nowhere near enlightenment . I had no need to reply you, but there are few people on this forum who are respected by most of us. 

What thread like this and ringing ear does for me? When I read them my mind wants to do bhagti. I don't have a build in Faith where I don't need motivation. I have to read books, listen to kathas, listen to people's experiences so I can motivate myself. I am glad there are people who share their experiences, my experience won't be similar to theirs but they are helping me and many others big time. Don't worry about self delusions,everything is illusion either way So just play with it and loosen it up. This book is a good read, just started and yes it has a lot of spiritual experiences in it. 

http://www.panjabdigilib.org/webuser/searches/displayPageContent.jsp?ID=7507&page=47&CategoryID=1&Searched=W3GX

Guest guest
On 21 July 2016 at 1:55 AM, Guest Gurpreet said:

When I read them my mind wants to do bhagti. I don't have a build in Faith where I don't need motivation. I have to read books, listen to kathas, listen to people's experiences so I can motivate myself.

^this is by your own choice, it is a character flaw, and rather than admitting it you are indulging in it.  do you ever question yourself why you need these 'extras'?  why don't you take responsibility for your weaknesses?  or perhaps you have (unconsciously) reduced religion to an entertainment?  

another thing is the ahamkaar and narcissism involved in 'sharing experiences'.  people are saying how they went around telling all and sundry about their petty experiences, as if it was from curiosity when it was clearly more for showing off.  

notice the lack of mentions of God's prem in these posts.

• 2 months later...
On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2013 at 3:04 AM, Sat1176 said:

Fair point Singh.

Sometimes experiences are so overwhelming that one can find it very difficult to deal with. You don't understand what you did that caused it, what is causing it. Take this topic, for weeks it became so intense that my mind was constantly drawn to this experience. I found it very difficult to pull my mind away from this sensation because every time I swallowed there was the intense sweet taste that my taste buds found difficult to ignore. I didn't know why it was happening except that it was a good sign and to keep on swallowing. Sometimes you just want a little more clarity so you can better deal with the situation. Now I have that it doesn't seem to bother me as much. I now think of it as a milestone confirming I'm on the right path which can be reassuring and even encouraging to move forward and beyond. Before it was eating me up inside and I was beginning to detest it and just wanted it to go away. Having knowledge of something can never be a bad thing in fact I am so happy I was determined to investigate it further because it has also shone a little more light on to the path ahead and also clarified and other concepts and practices that I had heard but didn't fully comprehend. My core will always remain the same which is to focus on the sound of the gurmantar or anhad.

Happy japping folks.

similar thing happened to me this morning. When I was meditating I had this sweet taste everytime I swallowed and it stayed for a while after meditation. It actually started happening about 2 days ago and I found it's getting stronger each day and lasting longer. Whenever it occurs it only occurs when I am meditating. My saliva tasted sort of sweet and when I swallowed it was even sweeter. Could I be experiencing what u describe. All replies appreciated. Thanks :)

On ‎15‎/‎10‎/‎2013 at 1:58 AM, BhagatSingh said:

Sat I think you are letting your imagination run too far with this lol.

I am just saying that the next time you get it, spit it into a kauli and get someone to taste it. Lucky you do the same.

That's the first thing I woulda done if I had this thing in my mouth.

Lucky is your experience similar to Sat's?

The roof of pallet seems far away from Pineal gland tho... :mellow:

level05pinealGland.jpg

BhagatSingh ji did u spit it out in a kauli & get someone to taste it when u got sweet saliva. LOL!

? hahahaha...

I am very curious.

11 hours ago, tva prasad said:

BhagatSingh ji did u spit it out in a kauli & get someone to taste it when u got sweet saliva. LOL!

? hahahaha...

I am very curious.

Lol thanks for the reminder!

Nah unfortunately, I didn't taste sweet saliva. I just had a sweet feeling in the back of my mouth.

If i ever get sweet saliva, I'll get my Mummy ji to try it. :P

12 hours ago, tva prasad said:

similar thing happened to me this morning. When I was meditating I had this sweet taste everytime I swallowed and it stayed for a while after meditation. It actually started happening about 2 days ago and I found it's getting stronger each day and lasting longer. Whenever it occurs it only occurs when I am meditating. My saliva tasted sort of sweet and when I swallowed it was even sweeter. Could I be experiencing what u describe. All replies appreciated. Thanks :)

Hey! you know what to do!! :P

Just now, BhagatSingh said:

Lol thanks for the reminder!

Nah unfortunately, I didn't taste sweet saliva. I just had a sweet feeling in the back of my mouth.

If i ever get sweet saliva, I'll get my Mummy ji to try it. :P

Just now, BhagatSingh said:

Hey! you know what to do!! :P

Lol bro... Feel sorry for ur mummy. Lol.:D:

8 hours ago, BhagatSingh said:

Technically, I think it is a drip or sensation at the back of the mouth.

Maybe when you taste it whilst doing baikrhri jap with mouth open, you sense that it's the saliva after you close the mouth. Probably because saliva accumulates from the dry mouth. However, when you sense it during silent simran, then it can be felt at the back of the mouth.