Rakhri...!!!

Sardu Ji... that was BEAUTIFUL...!!!

I think however a lot of people were justjoking about the money thing.... just to 1) cover up feelings cus no felt no need to express the on here 2) well they have never really thought about it seriously.....

I was looking 4 quite a serious answer so thankyou. You must have a very close relationship with your sister and thats really sweet.... shes very lucky!

Wish u loads of KHUSHI on that special day.

Vaheguru Ji Ka khalsa... Vaheguru Ji Ke Fateh

PS: Never go without a day appreciating your family guys....dont ever forgot what you've got!!!

VKVF

Thanks for the apprications k4ur ji!! I agree some ppl might be joking abt money things.. but i just wanted to be quite serious on this issue... Relationships have special meanings for me... :) .. Thanks for ur wishes and I wish u the same..

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a festival of Sisters...and Sisters are there in every religion...

Hmmm, y give only 1 day in a year to celebrate da relationship btn sister and brother ? wht about da other 364 1/4 days ? If so then it is a mere ritual. A copy of bhamanism.

I remember during partition and during da time of da british, in order to save themselves, mothers and sisters forgot their sons n' brothers ! They where scared for their lives because if they said that so and so was their son they'd be killed, hence they forgot the love. Scared to die ah ?

When ur sister gets married, their love goes to the husband n' kids, da love they had 4 you is not da same. This is of course natural. So u say the relationship is great, i beg to differ.

Guru Nanak says that in delusion r all our relations.

Its a festival of Sisters...and Sisters are there in every religion...

Hmmm, y give only 1 day in a year to celebrate da relationship btn sister and brother ? wht about da other 364 1/4 days ? If so then it is a mere ritual. A copy of bhamanism.

Every morning is like a new birth for us.. anytime life can be over.. but we celebrate this only on our b'day... a single day..

You are right.. the relationships hold the same spirit everytime.. it just that on that particular day we celebrate it with more fun and high spirits.. like for a married couple Anniversary day holds a special importance.. but that doesn't mean that they are married only on that day :D

I remember during partition and during da time of da british, in order to save themselves, mothers and sisters forgot their sons n' brothers ! They where scared for their lives because if they said that so and so was their son they'd be killed, hence they forgot the love. Scared to die ah ?

This is ur problem that what do u remember and what do u forget. Please don't generalize these things according to what you "Remember". The History has many stories about the value and regards we Indians have been giving to Rakhri...

When ur sister gets married, their love goes to the husband n' kids, da love they had 4 you is not da same. This is of course natural. So u say the relationship is great, i beg to differ.

Well I am sorry to say this but this statement just shows the lack of maturity of the thoughts.. I can't understand on what basis u beg to differ.. Its an individual's choice .how he/she manage the relationship..

:? .. Really.?? where did u read that?

Guru Arjan Dev Ji

Siree Raag

Mother, father, children and relatives-all relations are false

Guru Arjan Dev Ji

Raag Gauree

False are body, wealth, and all relations.

Guru Arjan Dev Ji

Raag Raamkalee

have seen that all relationships are false, and so I have grasped hold of the hem of Your robe, Lord. ||1||

This Shabad is by Bhai Gurdaas Ji in Vaars Bhai Gurdaas on Pannaa 15

krqw purK n cyiqE kIqy noNkrqw kr jwxY]

karathaa purakh n chaethiou keethae no(n)akarathaa kar jaanai||

O man, you have not remembered the creator and have accepted the created as your creator.

nwir Bqwr ipAwr kr puq poqy ipau dwd vKwxY]

naar bhathaar piaar kar puth pothae pio dhaadh vakhaanai||

Getting engrossed in wife or husband you have further created relationships of son, grandson, father and grandfather.

DIAW BYxW mwx kr qusin rusin swk bbwxY]

dhheeaaa(n) bhainaa(n) maan kar thusan rusan saak babaanai||

Daughters and sisters proudly become happy or annoyed and such is the case of all relatives.

sIhru pIhru nwnky prvwrY swDwr iD|wxY]

seehar peehar naanakae paravaarai saadhhaar dhhin(g)aanai||

All other relation's such as the house of father-in-law, one's mother's house, the house of the maternal uncles and other relations of the family are disdainful.

cj Acwr vIcwr ivc pMcw AMdr piq prvwxY]

chaj achaar veechaar vich pa(n)chaa a(n)dhar path paravaanai||

If conduct and thoughts are civilised, one gets honour before the high ups of the society.

AMq kwl jm jwl ivc swQI koie n hoie iswxY]

a(n)th kaal jam jaal vich saathhee koe n hoe sin(j)aanai||

However, at the end, when caught up in the web of death, no companion takes notice of the person.

gur pUry ivx jwie smwxy ]÷]

gur poorae vin jaae samaanae ||a||

Bereft of the grace of the perfect Guru, all persons become scared of death.

Oh! You boys, stop complaining - just cause you have to fork over few bucks :LOL::LOL:

It is like saying, Christmas is a christian holiday-but yet some sikhs exchange presents and stuff-which is more for fun yeah - we don't go to church n' all the other jingle mingle that goes with Christmas celebrations. Its all for fun!

The thing is -Although the rehat does not expect Sikhs to celebrate Rakhri, but I think to the best of my knowledge It doesn't say that Rakhri is forbidden either...Its like we sikhs have to realize this is just for fun--one of those things that carries on- Its up to the individual innit- There is like a theory that its use to strengthen the connection with their brother or sister, there is nothing wrong in celebrating it.

I think Diwaali is the same thing, yeh?

That reason sure fits in my house-Lolz! Pump up the brothers for the year, and then your work is paye'd off in August.. :P:P:LOL::LOL:

And oh yeah, that is basically saying we shouldn't celebrate 4th of July,Canada Day, or whatever lala land day - Just 'cause it doesn't originate from Sikhi, doesn't mean you can't join in the fun :wink: Am I Right??

:oops::oops::oops:

So, Stop Complaining! ..-Tusi meri kamuyaai vi kitti khraab karni :cry: :cry: :cry:

Hehehhehe

Oh yeah, least that is my opinion!