Marriage Vs Spirtual Journey

I know this topic was debated before .. but i m bringin up these topic again to have more opnions.. so kindly once again leave ur humble views in :wink:

Gur Fateh all

whats ur views on marriage vs spirtual journey????????

you think those two things well get along with one another???

pls humbly leave ur views

vaheguroooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

personally i think u can be on the spiritual journey when u are married - i dont see why u cant

end of the day - ur partner will be on the same journy - every amrit dhari sikh is on that journey themselves

i think that a marraige only raises ur spirituality - i aint talkin about balwinder safri the wife beater - im talkin about a amrit dhari husband and wife - who respect and love each other

anyways - if all amrit dhari people disregarded marraige and went on a spiritual journey alone thru their life - they wouldnt have no kids - and holi holi a few generations down the line - the amount of amrit dhari sikhs would have gone to near nothing

I won't go in details but I will finish my post with below quotes lines... Check them out ...

Sikhism is not a religion of escapism. A Sikh can achieve liberation (self-realization) while living as a householder. It is pragmatic approach. It is a meeting ground of social and spiritual worlds. In Sikhism the concept of liberation is not "the other-worldliness" and rather liberation in this life. 'To be a Sachiaar' (a self-realized person) is the Sikh concept of liberation. (Guru Granth Sahib, p. 522). In Sikhism, pilgrimage of the so-called sacred shrines has no place. Shabad (Word) is the only sacred shrine and meditation and truthful life is the real pilgrimage.

• 3 weeks later...

wjkk,wjkf

i'll put this as clearly as i can;

firstly all our gurus all got married; they all lived by being our example of the way to conduct ourselves.

maharaj sggs ji states, that by living within society & carrying out our duties [ie raising a family, doing our nitnem] u effectively gain more bhagti then the yogis who live away from society to devote their lifetime to nothin but bhagti. 8) :wink:

bhul chuk maaf

wjkk,wjkf

wjkk,wjkf

i'll put this as clearly as i can;

firstly all our gurus all got married; they all lived by being our example of the way to conduct ourselves.

maharaj sggs ji states, that by living within society & carrying out our duties [ie raising a family, doing our nitnem] u effectively gain more bhagti then the yogis who live away from society to devote their lifetime to nothin but bhagti. 8) :wink:

bhul chuk maaf

wjkk,wjkf

exactly!.... when u raise ur kids -u in ur wife live an honest life to raise money to build ur house - put ur kids thru skool - look afta ur mom and dad - its seva in its own right

:wink: :wink:

exactly!.... when u raise ur kids -u in ur wife live an honest life to raise money to build ur house - put ur kids thru skool - look afta ur mom and dad - its seva in its own right

:wink: :wink:

No it aint, i was actually tokin to my dad yesterady about this subject and what he said to me was that kids, and u as a husband or as a wife, have to bring up ur children cause its ur karam.

Not only ur kids but each other.

Its a karj (a debt) that u have to repay, so its not a seva, its sumin that they have to do, as kids wen we grow up we have to pay off our debt to our kids, cause in our previous life we was in debtd to them as our parents was indebtd to us.

No it aint, i was actually tokin to my dad yesterady about this subject and what he said to me was that kids, and u as a husband or as a wife, have to bring up ur children cause its ur karam.

Not only ur kids but each other.

Its a karj (a debt) that u have to repay, so its not a seva, its sumin that they have to do, as kids wen we grow up we have to pay off our debt to our kids, cause in our previous life we was in debtd to them as our parents was indebtd to us.

ok so ur saying.... the souls that will be our children - are people who did favours for us in our past life??? :?

I agree with Kaur@Gurus Feet, i have been told the same thing by many gurmukhs that i have had the good fortune of meeting.

but i can see where Kaal is coming from when he talks abt the karam issue.. but i think that if Mahraj has given us Hukam to live in ghristi (ie family life within society), then following his Hukam is in itself a form of seva..

so far as i understand ur both right.. beacuse the way it was explained to me, living in Ghristi means that you are simply unable to do that much bhagti due to the time spent carying out ur worldly duties.. but Mahraj counts that time spent as time doing seva because by doing so, u are existing within hukam, as opposed to living as a recluse and doing bhagti.