The Ringing Sound (Anhad Shabad; Sound Current)

I was just listening to Akath Katha and heard the following which I found quite interesting.

Guru Amar Das Ji states:

Anand bha-i-aa mayree maa-ay Satguroo mai paa-i-aa.

I am in bliss, o my mother, for I have found my True Guru.

Satgur ta paa-i-aa sahj saytee man vajee-aa vaaDhaa-ee-aa.

I have found the True Guru, through perfect harmony, and in my mind are sounds of celebrations.

Who is Guru Amar Das ji referring to as mayree maa-ay, his mother?

Atma is the mother which is the power force behind everything. It is inside and outside of us in Naam shabad form.

Satguru is Nirankar (Father).

Mind of Guru Amar Das first went to his mother (Naam) which then led him to his father Nirankar (Parkash).

Guest NoFap
On 6/13/2020 at 12:24 AM, Sat1176 said:

I've been struck on this sound for ages like the questioner. Useful video. 

Even i am stuck at this. 

Also you already mentioned about various planes in your previous comments.

@Sat1176 How far you have reached. Seems like the first one is the toughest one to overcome.

12 hours ago, Guest NoFap said:

Even i am stuck at this. 

Also you already mentioned about various planes in your previous comments.

@Sat1176 How far you have reached. Seems like the first one is the toughest one to overcome.

Previous experiences seem to come and go. At this present time I’m back at the insects sounds which have been hearing for a long time. On some rare occasions I hear the high pitched continuous sehaj dhun. 

I’m hearing a weird water dripping sound sometimes. It's like one drop is falling from some height and falling in a pool of water. Wondering if it’s in my house or in my head. Probably some pipe.

6 hours ago, Sat1176 said:

Previous experiences seem to come and go. At this present time I’m back at the insects sounds which have been hearing for a long time. On some rare occasions I hear the high pitched continuous sehaj dhun. 

I’m hearing a weird water dripping sound sometimes. It's like one drop is falling from some height and falling in a pool of water. Wondering if it’s in my house or in my head. Probably some pipe.

You mentioned this dripping years ago and said you thought it was a pipe but then also heard it somewhere else?

Are your insects continuous?

6 hours ago, ragnarok said:

You mentioned this dripping years ago and said you thought it was a pipe but then also heard it somewhere else?

Are your insects continuous?

I did?

The insects only manifest after a few minutes of simran. Then they remain whilst I keep my attention on them. If I take my Dhyan off them then they fade away. 

🙋. Me too. I am at this insect sound since 2 years may be. Sweet taste keeps coming and going.

But one thing I would like to mention here. Few days ago, I had fever and running nose. I got scared that it may be Corona. I resorted to my only saviour and my simran got intense. Being ill I had nothing else to do anyway. I did Jaap sahib multiple times and I started hearing these drums,  my heartbeat and vibrating sounds. 

The morning I went for the medical test, as I woke up I could recall that I was hearing a beautiful vibratpry music inside, but I was in a hurry to the doctor. My reports came negative. It was a regular viral fever that lasted 2-3 days and I have been trying hard since but can't hear that music or beats again. I am back at regular machine Zzzzz or insect sound as you may call it. 

Something inside me says you were better ill.. Lol

4 hours ago, Mooorakh said:

🙋. Me too. I am at this insect sound since 2 years may be. Sweet taste keeps coming and going.

But one thing I would like to mention here. Few days ago, I had fever and running nose. I got scared that it may be Corona. I resorted to my only saviour and my simran got intense. Being ill I had nothing else to do anyway. I did Jaap sahib multiple times and I started hearing these drums,  my heartbeat and vibrating sounds. 

The morning I went for the medical test, as I woke up I could recall that I was hearing a beautiful vibratpry music inside, but I was in a hurry to the doctor. My reports came negative. It was a regular viral fever that lasted 2-3 days and I have been trying hard since but can't hear that music or beats again. I am back at regular machine Zzzzz or insect sound as you may call it. 

Something inside me says you were better ill.. Lol

Bhen ji thats a scary experience you have mentioned and it also shows how one's simran level of concentration had increased is a clear reminder of how man remembers God in the most difficult times.

Sri Jaap Sahib Ji is a very good choice bani as all of Guru Sahib Ji's Bani is a strong power. 5 Jaap Sahibs in the morning will bring the result out in the evening due to the speed of this bani i heard in a katha track.

22 hours ago, Mooorakh said:

I did Jaap sahib multiple times and I started hearing these drums,  my heartbeat and vibrating sounds

I think Dasam Bani has this effect. I noticed vibrations in heart area once only when doing Brahm Kavach path. 

In the last two months, my spirituality has declined.

@Sat1176@Mooorakh @Lucky  Just yesterday, my ringing/insect sounds increased but I had this spinning sensation, headache , nausea and vomited several times. I couldn’t  do anything else not even look at phone. So I was just focusing on breath.  I also overslept that day and maybe that had a role in it ? Have you guys noticed any connection between increased ringing and dizziness/nausea. Even right now i feel slight sensation of spinning and some ringing. Uncomfortable feeling. Thanks.

17 hours ago, Soulfinder said:

Bhen ji thats a scary experience you have mentioned and it also shows how one's simran level of concentration had increased is a clear reminder of how man remembers God in the most difficult times.

Sri Jaap Sahib Ji is a very good choice bani as all of Guru Sahib Ji's Bani is a strong power. 5 Jaap Sahibs in the morning will bring the result out in the evening due to the speed of this bani i heard in a katha track.

I don't knw if Jaap sahib is more powerful than Japji sahib Or Rehraas sahib All i know is that its the prem that matters. And I ❤jaap sahib. I also heard in a video recently that somehow we fall in for a particular bani that keeps on  playing inside you and if it does.. Then that means it has entered our heart. For the person in the video it was jaap sahib and I could relate...

This reminds me my grandma used to keep on japping japji sahib when I was small and I have seen people telling her it's only for morning. She never cared. She died very peacefully without anybody doing any seva of hers.. I wish I go similarly. 😇

5 minutes ago, Ragmaala said:

I think Dasam Bani has this effect. I noticed vibrations in heart area once only when doing Brahm Kavach path. 

@Sat1176@Mooorakh @Lucky  Just yesterday, my ringing/insect sounds increased but I had this spinning sensation, headache , nausea and vomited several times. I couldn’t  do anything else not even look at phone. So I was just focusing on breath.  I also overslept that day and maybe that had a role in it ? Have you guys noticed any connection between increased ringing and dizziness/nausea. Even right now i feel slight sensation of spinning and some ringing. Uncomfortable feeling. Thanks.

Hmm.. I guess when we are sick we remember waheguru ji more intensely. Dukh daaru sukh rog bhayaa... Vaise of course @Sat1176and @Lucky can guide  both of us here .. 🙏please.. 

1 hour ago, Ragmaala said:

Sounds like you got vertigo.

@Ragmala best you take guidance from Simranjeet Singh or Dharamjeet Singh. Who ever you have a good relationship with.

i know a lady who hears loads of sounds but then often suffers from balance issues. 

On 6/16/2020 at 3:09 PM, Mooorakh said:

veerji can u both relate? 

I have not heard the water flowing sounds only the insects/ringing.  Once Swami Rama was sitting besides river Ganges and he mentioned how the flowing ganges sound is a perennial sound and very meditative. So indeed its an important sound along the journey. 

Also, the spinning/ nausea sensation has been better. It was probably a combination of mental stress and oversleeping.

Motivational explanation  to those of us who are stuck on the insects. Have a listen to this video from time index 59:23. It explains why we are hearing the insects and how if we keep on listening with a still mind they will lead to more clear sounds within.

On 6/16/2020 at 9:05 AM, Ragmaala said:

Most physical ailments during or from abyaas are due to too much pressure when focusing. Usually when you put dhyian on spot where your praanic energy isn't free flowing or balanced. This leads to.-->  turbulence----> can manifest to physical disturbance.   Seems that you may have been focusing  around ear area with dhyian and this may have caused the vestibular disturbance.  .. The advice I've heard is to take focus to navel area. This makes sense in terms of yoga science, since core prana comes from below navel.    I've heard others who get pounding headaches  when focusing on agya chakar or trikuti. This is because they are not ready for it and have to do more saas graas in order to build foundation of flowing praana.. If you're not ready, then you will get pressure and turbulence of energy, which in turn will manifest as some kind of physical symptom.

That's my personal take on the matter, but I would suggest asking Bhai saab for assurance.

6 hours ago, Lucky said:

Seems that you may have been focusing  around ear area with dhyian and this may have caused the vestibular disturbance.  .. The advice I've heard is to take focus to navel area.

Thanks for the tip veer ji, will def keep it in mind. 

I didn't have that problem since then, it seemed to get better on its own, so thats good. But it was def. v uncomfortable at that time. 

5 hours ago, Still nascent said:

Yes he's right... I mean back in those days when I started Simran, sehaj subhay I started feeling tickles at my naval area and my personal experience says that Simran at naval area brings amrit into our mouth before anhad  sounds.

Here's a pick worth listening for all abhiyaasis

Sound gets really distorted after 3:15 you can’t make anything out.