The Ringing Sound (Anhad Shabad; Sound Current)

On 9/1/2022 at 10:01 AM, Sat1176 said:

We are sometimes quick to downplay other groups but listen to this incident when sangat ignored radhasoami leader and how Sant Isher Singh (Rare Wale) said they were one and the same. 

https://fb.watch/fgbpd9YHC8/

Clash between Nihangs, Radha Soamis; 11 injured (dailypioneer.com)

Days after the incident of church vandalization in a Tarn Taran village, a clash broke out between Nihang Sikhs and followers of the Radha Soami Satsang Beas on Sunday after the former allegedly tried to forcibly enter the sprawling Dera premises to graze their cattle, leaving 10 people and a police personnel injured.

Both sides pelted stones and bricks at each other and some people fired in the air during the clash, the police said. The Police also resorted to a mild cane-charge to disperse Nihangs and Dera followers.

Amritsar (Rural) Senior Superintendent of Police Swapan Sharma said that the situation was under control.

According to the police, a group of Nihangs wanted to enter the Dera Radha Soami sect's land to graze their cattle. However, the followers of Dera Radha Soami objected to it and denied them entry, leading to heated arguments.

One of the Nihangs allegedly attacked a security in-charge of the Radha Soami Satsang Beas, identified as Parmdeep Singh Teja, who sustained injuries in his shoulders.

Jandiala Guru Police Station SHO Davinder Kumar, who was on the spot, tried to intervene and also sustained injuries. The situation took an ugly turn when the group of Nihangs again forcibly tried to enter the Dera premises, leading to the clash between both the groups. Nihangs broke one of the entry gates of the Dera premises, claimed Dera followers.

A total of 10 people from both sides suffered injuries, besides the police officer. The injured were admitted to Baba Bakala civil hospital.

The Nihangs are a Sikh sect whose blue-robed members are often seen carrying swords or spears.

Meanwhile, Punjab Congress president Amrinder Singh Raja Warring appealed to everyone to maintain calm and avoid spreading misinformation. SAD president Sukhbir Singh Badal also appealed to the people to maintain peace and communal harmony while describing the incident as “extremely disturbing”.

“Repeated clashes and breakdown of law and order are pushing the state towards anarchy. I urge (chief minister) @BhagwantMann to immediately come to grips with the situation,” he tweeted.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/27/2021 at 8:03 PM, SunnySingh said:

never ever be heartbroken if you see no apparent progress, for even to have faith and love for Waheguru is alraedy a great achievement, just do meditation with the hope of reaching Sach Khand, without any expectations but in a relaxed manner and be grateful at all times. then you will attract more kirpa by staying in His bhaana.

This is the secret in spirituality.

Beautiful Reply

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Dear all.. whosoever is thr in this thread seems to be of good awastha... I have a question.. I feel like doing naam simran and reading more & more Gurbani but I'm not mentally prepared to take amrit daat..

Does Guru Sahib accept naam simran and Gurbani recitation without taking amrit?

Whenever I go deep into this topic.. or after listening to various kathavachaks i start feeling negative.. 

If I listen to Muslim spiritual stories or their real life experiences , or Ram Krishan bhakats satsangs .. love for God starts to blossom in my heart, I feel like doing more and more naam japp..their satsangs reflect that God is full of love , he is merciful..

But whenever I listen to our religion Kathavachaks or preachers , they scare me.. I feel like as if God will punish me.. he is very harsh

26 minutes ago, Sukhpreet Kaur said:

Dear all.. whosoever is thr in this thread seems to be of good awastha... I have a question.. I feel like doing naam simran and reading more & more Gurbani but I'm not mentally prepared to take amrit daat..

Whenever I go deep into this topic.. or after listening to various kathavachaks i start feeling negative.. 

If I listen to Muslim spiritual stories or their real life experiences , or Ram Krishan bhakats satsangs .. love for God starts to blossom in my heart, I feel like doing more and more naam japp..their satsangs reflect that God is full of love , he is merciful..

But whenever I listen to our religion Kathavachaks or preachers , they scare me.. I feel like as if God will punish me.. he is very harsh

Waheguru Ji please join this telegram Sangat.  They do online simran and questions and answers.  They will help answer your questions on this spirtual path.  They place great emphasis on the inner journey.

https://t.me/pmkctohana

30 minutes ago, Sukhpreet Kaur said:

Waheguru Ji

Check this topic. It might be helpful.

8 hours ago, Sukhpreet Kaur said:

I have a question.. I feel like doing naam simran and reading more & more Gurbani but I'm not mentally prepared to take amrit daat..

Please don't think in such a negative way and starting walking on the path and making effort to do naam simran, read gurbani etc if your heart desires. I have never heard of someone say that taking amrit is a prerequisite before you can do this and if such a person exists I would ignore them. I wouldn't use that as an excuse to not doing anything until such a time comes until you do wish to take Amrit.

Simple, listen to those pacharaks who inspire you and don't listen to those who don't. Bhagti should come for a desire for union with Waheguru not out of fear. Although fear is also useful in getting you thinking about making a start and is a good wake up call when your feeling lazy and unmotivated. Maybe even the fear created by the pacharaks is acting as a wake up call to you and making you aware you may have not started making any effort yet and guilt is kicking in. Isn't that the intended purpose?

Everyone has different aspects of katha they enjoy. What works for one person may not work for others. So there is vast choice out there now days so take your pick. No one is asking you to listen to only one person.

Read Gurbani yourself and take away what you can it. If done alongside bhagti you will feel the connection with your Guru even more and feel even more inspired and motivated. It's not a race to finish it in a certain time so take your time and read and try and absorb the message and use it to motivate and guide you. You will realise there is loads in there that is hardly ever touched upon in gurdwaras or day to day shabads you might hear.

I found when undertook this exercise years ago, I copied the lines that touched and inspired me. I sometimes go back to my notes even today when I'm running low on motivation and being lazy. You will find it's hard to stay motivated all the time and the desires to make effort will come in waves. Blessed are those who have the feeling 24x7. Having regular sangat with like minded people definitely helps.

Guest Sundar Singh

Pen jee, 

About your query if Waheguru accepts Nam Simran ...

Well Gurbani is very clear, for it says :

Hukum maniye paeeye.

If you follow the Hukum, you will realize /obtain Him

Now some may ask to which Hukum does this verse refer?

Again the Bani couldn't be more precise when Guru Sahiban tells us:

Eko Nam hukum hae Nanak Satgur dheea bujhae jeeo.

There is only one Hukum: repeat the sacred Nam as prescribed by the GURU.

Apart from this one devotional practice, everything else is a strong binding chain in the wheel of 84.

On 4/3/2023 at 8:20 AM, Sat1176 said:

Please don't think in such a negative way and starting walking on the path and making effort to do naam simran, read gurbani etc if your heart desires. I have never heard of someone say that taking amrit is a prerequisite before you can do this and if such a person exists I would ignore them. I wouldn't use that as an excuse to not doing anything until such a time comes until you do wish to take Amrit

Right bro. In fact one of the two types of Amrit is Naam Amrit that you receive directly from your Bhagti. 

So whoever is saying that is trying to cut off one if the cups of Naam. 

The other way is Amrit Sanskar. 

Best to have both I reckon. 

Guest KhandaAmritSameAsNaamAmrit
2 minutes ago, GurjantGnostic said:

two types of Amrit

ਨਾਨਕ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤੁ ਏਕੁ ਹੈ ਦੂਜਾ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤੁ ਨਾਹਿ।। 

17 minutes ago, Guest KhandaAmritSameAsNaamAmrit said:

ਨਾਨਕ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤੁ ਏਕੁ ਹੈ ਦੂਜਾ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤੁ ਨਾਹਿ।। 

The Amrit is the same. One requires a physical Panj Pyare one doesn't. 

Sikh on an island can start off Sahejdhari and wind up Khalsa without any human intervention. 

All required is Gurmat and being devoted in verb and noun form. 

I see the Gurbani promotes the Naam Amrit as the real occurence. Nice one. 

• 1 month later...
Guest When will I get result?
On 1/29/2014 at 3:47 PM, Sat1176 said:

I thought I would share some key points made in a book I read recently. Some of you might find the information contained within useful in your own personal spiritual journey's. Enjoy...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Ringing-Sound-Introduction-Current/dp/0966535804/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1390990288&sr=8-1&keywords=the+ringing+sound

Do you Hear Ringing in Your ears?

If you said yes, you are not alone. Millions and millions of people have sought medical advice hoping to find an answer to the ringing in their ears, only to find there is nothing that medical science can do for them. They are told they suffer from tinnitus or similar maladies.

Although these buzzing, ringing, rushing sounds have been given new names by medical science, they are not new. They are perhaps as old as humankind. In the past, a great deal was written and taught about how to use these sounds productively. Techniques associated with the inner sounds involve the development of internal energy or what may be called spiritual power. Modern practitioners of such techniques often refer to these sounds as the sound current.

Sound current techniques also hold great potential for the expansion of consciousness. To reach into the sound current’s mysteries is to begin a personal adventure of self-discovery.

What does it sound like?

The auditory perceptions we have been referring to may be perceived in many ways. Commonly, they take the form of ringing sounds. They may be perceived as anything from a ringing, or buzzing (like the sound of a florescent light), to music. A common analogy likens the experience to that of listening to high-tension electric power lines. Anyone who has stood near one of the colossal Erector Set-style metal towers with suspended power lines, especially when the air is moist knows the crackly hissing noise.

Please do not be discouraged if you do not relate to the current descriptions. Just because you do not see an exact description of what you hear does not mean that you are not dealing with the sound current. Many other descriptions will follow and still only relatively few of the possible manifestations of the sound current will be explicitly described.

Generally, the “sounds” are first noticed in the right ear, but may be detected anywhere. As we will eventually see, these “sounds” are not sounds at all. The sound current is energy passing through an energy channel near the ear. It is only interpreted as sound.

The list below describes the various ways in which the sound current may be perceived is to catalogue them and give examples.

The first list is from a classic yoga book. It describes some of the more common ways in which the sound current may be perceived. Each description is preceded by its Sanskrit name

1. Cin nadam : Like the hum of the honey-intoxicated bees; idling engine vibration; rainfall; whistling sounds; high frequency sound.

2. Cincin nadam : Waterfall, roaring of an ocean

3. Ghanta nadam : Sound of a bell ringing.

4. Sankha nadam : Sound of a conch shell

5. Tantri vina : Nasal sound, humming sound like that of wire string instrument.

6. Tala nadam : Sound of small tight drum.

7. Venu nadam : Sound of a flute.

8. Mridamga : Sound of a big brass drum

9. Bheri nadam : Echoing sound

10. Megha nadam : Roll of distant thunder.

Additional common descriptions would include the chirping of cricket(s) or boiling teakettle whistling. Flowing water or wind are also common descriptions. These sounds can be of a high frequency, like florescent or halogen light, or of a very low frequency with an undulating or even slowly oscillating palpable physical quality. They may be smooth and harmonious, or very rough and jangly. They may be barely audible or seem more deafening. Often these tones appear just at the edge of hearing or sound very distant. When they seem close and loud, they actually vibrate the physical body.

When Would I Hear it?

The sound current is most noticeable during periods of high stress or paradoxically, deep relaxation. It may be fair to say that perception of the sound current is most notable when the body’s homeostasis is either highly threatened or highly attuned. Perception of the sound current may be particularly strong under the following circumstances:

• Sleep Deprevation
  • Illness or High Fever
  • Influence of Drugs and Alchohol
  • Physical or Emotion Trauma

All of the above bulleted items relate to altered states of consciousness. They also represent potentially dangerous situations for the physical body. None of these is advised for inducing perception of the sound current. Aside from the obvious dangers of employing such methods, there is an inherent distortion of the natural experience associated with the stress created by such methods. Consequently the psyche cannot interpret the resulting perceptions well. The quality of subsequent experiences is also compromised by the body’s attempt to recover from the onslaught of imbalanced energy.

The sound current can be explored in its positive aspects through quiet inner stillness or focused energy technique. The following practices are recommended for enhancing perception of the sound current and personal vitality in general:

• Deep Relaxation Techniques (Yoga)
  • Certain Types of Breath work
  • Shabad Surat Yoga

Exercise : Playing with the Sound Current

Sitting quietly and comfortably with your eyes closed; listen to the sound curernt’s tones. Locate where the tones appear to be within or near your body.

Now isolate a tone on the right side of your head. If one is not there then simply intend to find one. Play with the sound by smoothing its vibrations or raising its pitch by gently reaching into it and intending a harmonious result.

Once you have a nice clean tone, see if you can move it to your crown chakra, or hair swirl. Listen to this chakra tone for a few minutes with a quiet mind. Observe yourself and you sound current carefully as you listen.

Changing Tones

In sound current mediation techniques, these sounds maybe modulated to produce desired states of conscious awareness. Specific states are associated with certain tones. Knowing a tone allows one to summon a specific related state of awareness.

Seeing the Sound Current

Many people receive light impressions while perceiving the sound current. Close your eyes. Imagine you are inside your head looking at the inside of your forehead, just above and between your eyes. From that place listen to the sound current and observe. Do not judge.

Receiving the Sound Current

Most people do not consciously perceive the sound current. It is filtered out on a subconscious level. As an example of how it happens, listen to a spiral seashell. The white noise it produces is an amplification of the sound of moving air. A similar noise occurs in your own ears. It is always there, but you do no hear it. The reason you are not aware of its presence is that your brain does no consider it critical to your physical well-being, since is does not require conscious attention or action. The information is regarded as non-threatening, monotonous, background noise. It is considered superfluous and is there fore disregarded. It never reached you on a conscious level.

But if a strong wind picks up, then that is a survival issue. Your brain is interested in threatening weather conditions. Suddenly, you hear the sound of moving air very well, because it is above normal background limits. But when our systems are running within normal tolerances, background information is not reported to the conscious mind.

Exercise : Shifting Awareness

Sitting comfortably, lightly touch your forehead just above and between the eyebrows. This is called the “third eye chakra”. With your eyes closed move your awareness to that point. Allow several seconds to get a feel of being there. Now, move your hand to the back of your head. Touch lightly on the knob of the back of your head, which is opposite your third eye chakra. This new area is called the “willpower” because it is the source of your personal will. With eyes closes, send your awareness to this new point. Get a feel of being there. Next repeat this exercise without your finger, using only your awareness. Then move your awareness to the center of your head. From there, move back in you head until you find a natural resting place for your awareness. This will be the place from which you will do your beginning meditation techniques.

Exercise : Listening to the Sound Current

Mantra meditation is the foundation of sound current meditation. When you are comfortable with that technique, it is time to add the sound current.

The sound current is usually noticed first in the right ear. Right-side tones lead up to the higher awareness. This is the easiest and most secure way to begin. Simply listen for the sound in, or near the right side of the head.

In time, you will hear buzzing, ringing or roaring sounds. They may come as a feeling or vibration more than hearing. You may perceive the sound current as light. As you listen, you will become more connected with the sound current. It may seem familiar, like something you remember from a long time ago. You may hear many other tones. Listen to the highest, finest vibrating tone. Gently monitor your impressions. Listen to your own inner knowing. Be your own guide.

Exercise : Following the Sound Current

Once you are comfortable with mantra mediation and listening to the sound current, you can begin playing in the tones. Essentially the procedure is to begin with mantra mediation to quiet the mind and enter into a higher state of awareness. When you hear then sound current, begin listening for the higher, finer tones on your right side.

When you are listening to a tone on your right side, it may be you hear another higher, finer tone further to the right. Move your attention to that tone. It will lead you to higher fields of awareness that constitute greater realms of energy and wisdom in the Cosmos and in your own being. Remember the journey moves simultaneously into inner and outer worlds as you follow the sound current up and back to the right.

During the process you usually lose track of your mantra. You are then using the sound current as your mantra.

Currents of Sound

The sound current is like two rivers of energy. One flows down to the manifestation. That is the left-hand side. The other flows upward, back to its Source. Perceived as a distance, these rivers are shinning ribbons of light. As your awareness draws closer you being to hear the sounds of rushing waters. You can sit by the river’s edge and be soothed and enlightened by the sounds of dancing cataracts. Or you may enter into the stream. There you will be transported. Your Inner Awareness determines the final destination. The ideal path is to learn at the river’s edge until your conscious becomes familiar with the flow. Simply listen at first. Then you can enter. All this is directed by your intent. Proceed like you know how. On some level you do. Spirit will acknowledge you intent and guide you.

Exercise : Entering the Sound Current

Enter the sound current is accomplished by choice, or intent. Focus your attention into it rather than on it. This a bold manoeuvre. It can sweep your consciousness away. The securest method is to maintain the focus of your consciousness on the crown of your head. This crown chakra is located at your hair swirl just behind the top of the head.

Allow your spiritual sight to follow the sound current. Think of it as a flying portion of your awareness by remote control from your crown chakra. When your session is complete, return your all thoughts to your physical body.

What should I expect?

Good question. The answer is limitless. Expect a quiet, peaceful mind, which remains with you longer and longer throughout the day as you practice. A sense of inner centering will grow. From that place of Inner Silence in your Self, you will be able to flow more easily in all realities and situations including daily life.

You may see other beings, other worlds, or manifest any number of psychic experiences. These are the worlds of the mystics. Humans are powerful beings. You are in charge. Always use your best judgement. Take command when required. You may call upon your own inner higher awareness for guidance. Be reverent of everything, but do not be overly impressed by anything. Do not be afraid. Listen to your feelings. You are connected to all things. In a very real sense, you are the center of your world. In that place, you are more powerful than anything you meet in mediation. Trust your inner Self. Spirit will guide you.

Final note

I have studied with many master teachers. Much of the information I have been exposed to was considered too potent for the general public. All the secret and popularized practices I have studied, and all the other energy techniques with which I am familiar, pale in comparison to sound current techniques.

There is power, wisdom, awareness and great mystery in the sound current. Listening to the sound current will help you become aware of the awareness of the Cosmos. It will bring Self-Awareness. Listening to the sound current is becoming aware of awareness Itself.

I am doing meditation since childhood, improved a lot in my life that meditation has become the most important routine in my life, slowly and gradually i have reached this stage, focusing on Shri Anhad naad for more than two years but no result is being found. How will I get the pure sounds through my ears- i know this sound is already present in our body and we have to be attentive to hear it. doing it a lot but ..... will i be able to hear it ?

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Sat1176 said:

I was personally struggling to understand the difference between sunn and sehaj. Wasn't until recently I think I got it. 

Sunn aka sunn samadhi is when you loose total mental and body awareness. (deep sleep) 

Sehaj is a very relaxed drowsy state where partial awareness remains. 

Nice broooo. Great distillation.