The Ringing Sound (Anhad Shabad; Sound Current)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Very good lecture on how to meditate on the inner sounds leading to anhad sounds, which side you should meditate and why, what types of sounds you hear etc.Basically what we have been discussing in this thread.

Edited by Sat1176

I think the ear plugs suggestion is for when your only trying to listen to the internal sounds. I wouldn't use them if doing jaap of listening to your own voice.

They are a good idea when doing mental jaap with concentration. My loves to lock on to the ticking sounds made by clocks on our wall. Annoys the hell out of me, that I have to either go and remove all the clocks or pull the batteries out.

I think the ear plugs suggestion is for when your only trying to listen to the internal sounds. I wouldn't use them if doing jaap of listening to your own voice.

They are a good idea when doing mental jaap with concentration. My loves to lock on to the ticking sounds made by clocks on our wall. Annoys the hell out of me, that I have to either go and remove all the clocks or pull the batteries out.

​I'm in the same boat when it comes to the tiking. I've gone to the extent of getting rid of all clocks on my upper floor and replacing them with digital clocks.

Is there anyone here who can listen to multiple sounds at once? For me it's just one sound at a time. They change during each session but I have no control over which one I'm listening to. 

I just tried the technique with ear plugs for the first time for 15 minutes.  Mostly it was dominated by the breath sounds, followed by a light lub dub heart sound heard intermittentl, and rarely a chingggggg... sound not really in grasp. It felt a little bit claustrophobic, but mainly because its hot and was trying in the noon hours. Will keep up with it during morning hours, and lets see how it goes.

The video about the sounds above is real good, he's giving the right info about the anhad naad and how it goes central while trying to catch the more subtle and subtler sounds in steps.

I've been using ear plugs lately because it's been real hot for the last month....and the ceiling fans have been going 24/7.

It took a while to get comfortable and used to them but now I feel more relaxed with them and can just shut of the external noise in an instant.

Funny thing is that on many occasions the internal naad gets so loud and clear that when I take them out it all quietens down!.....it's like the opposite effect in the sense that using them turns up the internal noise volume and dampens the external noise and it's more like just 'switching' from hearing internal/external noise--->>internal noise only.

• 2 months later...

I was so confused (even little bit still now) on this concept of panch shabad.With Maharaj's kirpa I just found this.It's a short story about Gurmukh pyaarey Bhai Randhir Singh and we can learn ,we can make our doubts clear.

Dhan Guru sahib! Dhan Guru sahib's Sikhi!!

Radhasoamis and Yogis claim that the Anhad Shabad are 5 in number and they use Gurbani Shabads containing "Panch Shabad" to prove their point that there are 5 kinds of Anhad Shabad. The word "Panch" also means superior or great. "Panch Shabad" actually means superior or celestial Shabads that Gurmukhs hear when their Dasam Duaar opens up. Below is a very interesting story from Bhai Sahib's life, and that sheds a great deal on Anhad Shabads. This Saakhi has been taken from Bhai Sahib's book "Anhad Shabad Dasam Duaar". It's not a direct translation.

Once a gursikh came to Bhai Sahib and started talking about Anhad Shabad. He said that he could now clearly hear the bell ring, sometimes the roaring of clouds and even a flute. He wanted to confirm his spiritual state with Bhai Sahib. Bhai Sahib in response to his question said that he did not hear any of these voices and sounds i.e. instrumental sounds. At this he got greatly disheartened.

Bhai Sahib asked him what exactly he was doing while doing abhyaas. He said that he had a black dot on the wall for dhyaan (concentration) and he does one Siri Sukhmani Sahib paath looking at the dot. Then he kept his mind quiet and tried to listen to the five kinds of celestial sounds (as written by Yogis and Radhasoamis). After a while he started hearing faint sounds of ringing bells, waterfall, flute etc. The black dot too illuminated and this really motivated him and he started thinking that he was listening to Anhad Shabad.

Bhai Sahib did not doubt what he was telling because Bhai Sahib knew that this person was telling the truth. Bhai Sahib told him that they would discuss this again the next day. That day at night Bhai Sahib sat in Smadhi and tried to hear the five sounds this person was mentioning. He could not hear anything other than Gurmat Anhad Shabad (Sifat Salaah that occurs in Sachkhand). From this high spiritual state, Bhai Sahib brought down his surtee to a much lower level and he was surprised to hear that all five sounds that the Gursikh had mentioned could be heard at different levels. Bhai Sahib has written that there was not even 1/millionth anand or bliss in these instrumental sounds as compared to the Gurmat Anhad Shabad. Bhai Sahib had never delved in these mystical realms since they were at a much lower level as compared to Gurmat Dasam Duar.

Bhai Sahib came out of smadhi and immediately went to that gursikh who had asked this question from Bhai Sahib and told him that he was totally engaged in wrong anti-Gurmat practices. Bhai Sahib narrated to him about his experience and told him that little bit of concentration that he had was a result of Siri Sukhmani Sahib paath and he started hearing those instrumental sounds. Bhai Sahib said that these spiritual realms were lower than the lofty spiritual realms of Gurmat. Bhai Sahib told him that Gurmat Anhad Shabad is way superior to the 5 so called Anhad Shabads.

From this saakhi of Bhai Sahib we learn that these five shabads that Radhasoamis talk about do exist but they are not attained by the way they work in it. Actually these five shabads are the invention or discovery of Yogis and RS has just adopted their theory. Gurmat does not believe in limited 5 shabads. Panch Shabad in Gurbani does not mean 5 Shabad but Panch means superior or greatest shabads. Gurmat believes in “Vajae Shabad Ghanaray” i.e. countless shabads and not only 5.

Bhul Chuk dee Maafi jee. The above is based on Bhai Sahib's book - Anhad Shabad Dasam Duaar.

• 1 month later...

With all due respect I'm sorry but I will have to disagree with that recording that ajapa jaap of Gurmantar or mool mantar is anhad shabad. There are countless references in gurbani to the actual sounds. When you hear even only one of them , it will shock your being and only then does one believe in their existence. 

6 hours ago, Sat1176 said:

With all due respect I'm sorry but I will have to disagree with that recording that ajapa jaap of Gurmantar or mool mantar is anhad shabad. There are countless references in gurbani to the actual sounds. When you hear even only one of them , it will shock your being and only then does one believe in their existence. 

Paaji, don't the sounds occur when one is at lower levels of spirituality, while the sound of Waheguru jaap is heard, when one enters into Brahamgyan (or is close to it)? Can you please elaborate?

Don't think that Gyani jee has denied the existence of sounds.

Bhul chuk maaf

A lot of the kathas and other materials on anhad were wrong and misleading if you remember Sat?... that's why it took ages to work out what was what and what we should be looking for. At last we can look into gurbani ourselves and have a much better idea of what something refers to.

On 12/13/2015 at 5:00 AM, paapiman said:

Sangat jee - Please note that the above is from a Larivaar katha of SSGGSJM. Usually in Larivaar kathas, Gyanis don't go very deep. Gyani Avtar Singh jee Badnikalanwale can probabaly talk about Anhad Shabad for days.

It is clear from the post made by Sukrit Kaur jee (regarding Baba Randhir Singh jee) that sounds such as roaring of clouds, bell rings, flute, etc, occur at early stages of spirituality. Bhai Sahib jee had to bring his surti down to hear those noises.

Daas does not think that a Gyani, who is a grandson of a Gurmukh Brahamgyani (Vidya Martand Srimaan 108 Sant Gyani Gurbachan Singh jee Khalsa Bhindranwale), spend years on Gurbani veechar, studied at a Taksal, most likely spend time with many Saints, etc, can get the explanation on Anhad Shabad wrong.

Bhul chuk maaf